The online racing simulator
Logitech Formula Force ex crashing pc
Hello all,
I've bought Formula Force Ex wheel, connected it to my pc, as you can imagine, first thing i did was to start Live for Speed. Excited and all that, this is my first Force Feedback wheel. So i start playing it, everything working perfect, after 10 minutes of gameplay ... boom ... blue screen and restart. First thing i do after pc restarts, google the problem and i see that there is no1 with that problem. I go to system properties --> Hardware Manager and i see that there is a new device with yellow question mark listed in "Unknown Devices" named "System Interrupt Controller" so i google that and i find a solution on how to fix it. You just have to use your Motherboard provided CD and click Reinstall driver, problem fixed. Oh and btw, same thing happens on all other racing games when using Logitech FFEx.

If there is anyone with the same problem i hope this helps.

P.S. Formula Force Ex is a 5/5 wheel.

Edit: Ok i was wrong. When I installed System Interrupt Manager it only allowed me to play the game 20 more minutes, then the same thing happens ... i'm getting desperate, plz help. My HDD dies when the pc restarts, maybe that's why it restarts, some kind of conflict between the wheel and the HDD.
Help!
Please post your whole PC specs, particularly your motherboard type and BIOS version. This seems to have something to do with USB controller of your motherboard.
#3 - Etem
I got the Formula Force Ex too and did you install it?
There is a special installer for this wheel.
I've installed the driver from the provided driver cd for the wheel, and it had Logitech Profiler on it aswell.
When i'm using Logitech Profiler the pc crashes much faster then when i'm not using it. I tryed playing LFS with Profiler on and after 2-3 minutes the pc restarts, and after i instaled system interrupt controller it was about 10 minutes, and when i turn off the profiler after i've installed the System Interrupt Controller it was 20 minutes before crashing.
When i unplug the power adapter for the wheel (force feedback) then no more restarts, but what use is the Force Feedback wheel if you can't use it's main feature ...
Quote from Etem :I got the Formula Force Ex too and did you install it?
There is a special installer for this wheel.

What do you mean by "Special Installer"?
Have you tried downloading the latest driver from the Logitech website? The one that come with the wheel is probably out of date.

I had this wheel for almost 2 years without many problems. Just be careful of the 4 screws holding the wheel to the motor if you have the FFB set too high as they can come lose and you have to super glue them back.
#8 - Etem
Well,I got a screenshot.
Attached images
Unbenannt.JPG
Yes i have downloaded the latest drivers from logitech site.
I think i solved the problem, if i'm right this will one of the 10 most stupid things that hardware problem can do.
I will do some more testing and i'll post the solution soon(if it's solved).
Thanks all for your reply's.
Yes i've found a solution.
The problem was that i can't plug my wheel power adapter in the same extension cable as the PC. The Force Feedback motor takes alot of juice, so my power supply in PC has lack of, since HDD's are the most sensitive piece of hardware subjected to power loss it kept shutting down and caused the pc to restart. I've simply plugged the power adapter from the wheel to another extension cable apart from the PC and all works fine.

Simple solution to very complicated problem.

See you on the track.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG