The online racing simulator
Drifting tips? (spr attached)
(9 posts, started )
I was having quite short attention span. Perhaps as it's nearly 3:00am and I should be asleep like a normal person but whatever. It gives a rough idea/something to work from.

Using playstation 2 controller.

Ky3r I think - i'm not that good at this track but it has been on a few times... I seem to sometimes fair better on hot tires so also some tips on normal tires, better line, go faster, concentrate more, etc?

Using a set off the forum called. drifty-drift, oh right. i'll attatch that too save you looking for it

I also find i often do well in say an autocross track of a track the first lap then then enxt laps for say 5 or 6 I try to emulate the first and end up over doing it like I dunno going to fast into a corner that i've done right a hundred times before or turning too early or something.

Going to sleep now. V tired

From my veiw:

I need to concentrate more
Be smoother/less jerky. But could be because i'm really tired.
Know the track or follow racing line.
spin less

Other tips welcome

two replay files. total of 8 laps. (the 2nd spr is the 4th/5th lap)
Attached files
jkdrifting.spr - 418.4 KB - 185 views
jkdrifting2.spr - 381.7 KB - 166 views
XRT_Drifty-Drift.set - 132 B - 1129 views
RE:Drift tips
Hey man,

i've got a few

use a drift setup (make a request for one on this forum)

when you use your PS2 control be careful with the joystick and maybe get a wheel?

last one:go to sleep more
Get a wheel. Drive more.
I just got a wheel, if anything it makes drifting harder... I'm having to learn everything all over again.
#5 - shim
practice, practice more, and last but not least, practice..

drifting is more about feel and trying different things.. find your own style and run with it..
Drifting is something you do after a race is over and you're just cocking about waiting for the next one to start.

Develop your skills in racing and drifting will come naturally.
i TOTALY AGGRE with this
#8 - Phsx2
I agree with both the above posts, as both drifting and racing lines are virtually the same
Quote from Forbin :Drifting is something you do after a race is over and you're just cocking about waiting for the next one to start.

Develop your skills in racing and drifting will come naturally.

very true. I used to only use lfs for drifting, and my lines were pretty bad. After i got into a bit more racing, then went back to primarily drifting, i realized my lines improved greatly.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG