The online racing simulator
Hide all messages
(6 posts, started )
Hide all messages
// NOTE 4) Prefix field, if set when initialising InSim on a host :

// Messages typed with this prefix will be sent to your InSim program
// on the host (in IS_MSO) and not displayed on anyone's screen.

Is there anything that I can put in this value to make ALL messages not shown on the clients screens?
Quote from Krammeh :
// NOTE 4) Prefix field, if set when initialising InSim on a host :

// Messages typed with this prefix will be sent to your InSim program
// on the host (in IS_MSO) and not displayed on anyone's screen.

Is there anything that I can put in this value to make ALL messages not shown on the clients screens?

I don't think there is..

I was experimenting with this once. I tried ' '(space), '^' and some other characters, but the normal messages were always displayed.

A little offtopic: If this is going to be supported, I think that it would be better if a delay can be added(specified from the insim app. when connecting - like all the other, before a message is sent and allow the insim to block it, before it's out. And maybe a possibility to have an index of all current messages on the screen and allow us to delete them at any time.
It would also be cool if we could send these messages only to users, that we specify(like you can send priv messages now, specifying the PLID/UCID).
I was trying to do this back in Dash for Cash so that the racers could talk and chat normally without being inside the 'chat box' that I made for them. It didn't work because the messages don't get filtered by InSim in anyway that I found.
Instead of a delay and a send-message confirmation, I think it'd be better to let the InSim handle all MSO directly. Only problem with that is that there's no packet allowing the same message length as an MSO. That means we'd either need a new packet of similar structure, or MSO would have to be both ways.

An InSim application would register as MSO handler via a new ISFlag:
#define ISF_RES_0 1 // bit 0 : spare
#define ISF_RES_1 2 // bit 1 : spare
#define ISF_LOCAL 4 // bit 2 : guest or single player
#define ISF_MSO_COLS 8 // bit 3 : keep colours in MSO text
#define ISF_NLP 16 // bit 4 : receive NLP packets
#define ISF_MCI 32 // bit 5 : receive MCI packets
[B]#define ISF_MSO_FILTER 64 // bit 6 : InSim application handles all MSO[/B]

And that leaves only one thing I'm not certain about: How to deal with multiple InSim applications, especially if more than one of them register as MSO handler.
Mmm that is a really good point morpha.

I was thinking, what if it was a restriction that the host can run only 1 InSim app. (Or at least only 1 'main' app.) And the main app is the one that gets priority over things like this. However, this adds a limit that I don't think is good for the InSim protocol since it already supports multiple connections it could be that there are already host-side systems that require this feature.

I think the "Main App" idea would work. The first insim connection will get that slot, which allows special controls over MSO, and anything else that would have a conflict.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Mmm that is a really good point morpha.

I was thinking, what if it was a restriction that the host can run only 1 InSim app. (Or at least only 1 'main' app.) And the main app is the one that gets priority over things like this. However, this adds a limit that I don't think is good for the InSim protocol since it already supports multiple connections it could be that there are already host-side systems that require this feature.

I think the "Main App" idea would work. The first insim connection will get that slot, which allows special controls over MSO, and anything else that would have a conflict.

It's good that you guys thought about this. Maybe it could work just like messages with special symbol on front - If one app is blocking it, then block it for the host and make it visible for all apps. From here: The first application connected, could decide if it would grant permission to the others or not to send the message. Also while on this topic, there could be a limit to the amount of insim apps connected to the host(would be good if this could be set with both - host's config. file(but not as a command to the host, to avoid parasite apps) and a setting, available only for the 1st connected app.

Hide all messages
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG