The online racing simulator
Sort of Rev-Stutter while shifting in 2nd
(8 posts, started )
When I race the XRR and shift through the gears down to 2nd, I get a sort of stutter in the engine. I just wanna know whats that supposed to be, and if it slows me down.

I took a mp3 of what I hear, you may try the set and check if it happens to you too.
Attached files
shiftstutter.mp3 - 1.1 MB - 219 views
XRR_R AS Nat.set - 132 B - 729 views
XRR_AudiGT2wenig.eng - 463.3 KB - 141 views
AFAIK it's caused by overrevving.
the revs always stay between 6k and 7k. Does it maybe come from my diff settings?
I think you're talking about the huge loss of power once you drop into 1st or 2nd, right? I notice that too, I hate it! I think the term for it is called "turbo lag". it's a bit too extreme in the GTR cars in my opinion, and is exactly the reason I never drive the GTRs with turbo (FXR, XRR). I also notice it in FXO & RB4, but it's not as bad as the GTRs that go from "500 horsepower to 50."
Well it does cut the ignition when it changes
Quote from ACCAkut :When I race the XRR and shift through the gears down to 2nd, I get a sort of stutter in the engine. I just wanna know whats that supposed to be, and if it slows me down.

I took a mp3 of what I hear, you may try the set and check if it happens to you too.

Check the plugs for water.
I did some testing, switched the 45% lock diff to a locked one, and the stutter disappeared. I thought about it being some sort of "shuffeling" in the diff, cause I have already started steering into the corner when 2nd finally engages, so the diff has to work. I dunno
It is caused by diff settings and was very noticeable before pre-load was introduced.

You can influence this behaviour by tweaking either or both coast locking and pre-load. Although the effect can actually be used to advantage. I generally prefer a more open coast and pre-load setting over a tight coast setting especially in longer races because it protects you from over revving and damaging your engine if you down shift a bit too soon.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG