The online racing simulator
diy ff wheel??
(7 posts, started )
diy ff wheel??
allright im building a custom wheel and im wondering what to use for the electronics. could i use an game pad and the little vibrator motors replace those with the ff motors i got from a broken wheel along with relays of some sort so they would get more power?
bump
I would butcher some old playstation controllers if it was me, they do vibrationy things, it could work.

As for more power, you are kind of right, more power will in theory give more, well, power, as in strength of vibrations etc,, but overvolting will also bring extra heat to the components in question, which can result in a fried component.
thats along the lines that i was thinking but i meant to use the ff motors to act as force feedback on the wheel.
How about like a 5hp lawnmower engine? I think that might be a little annoying to use but could you imagine the force it can apply?

Sorry for the joke, as I don't really have any good information to add. Humor, is always good though!
whats a cheap ff wheel that could be used on windows vista with ff?
The logitech DFP seems fairly popular at the moment mate, fairly cheap, plus it has FF and 900 deg rotation.

Its supposed to be for a PS3 but will work with a PC, you just need the driver to make it work, which logitech also provide.

diy ff wheel??
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG