#1 - taz11
just a quick quesion on the G25
hi guys,

Ive recently bought the G25 and I can honestly say its the BEST 100 pounds I have ever spent in my enitre life...and I'd like to start by thanking you guys for for getting me into this.

My question is how powerful do you set your force feedback on LFS? and I assume you all set it to 900 degrees?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldnt find anything through the search.
#2 - J@tko
There's some info here about setting the G25 up in profiler.

As for in-game, I know people who have it at 0%, and some who have it at 200% Tilt

You can adjust it whilst racing with the < and > keys, so go for a race and play around to see what works for you. I have my FF EX set to around 75% Smile
#3 - taz11
thank you very much mate, appreciate it. Smile
First, set it up like this. None of the cars in LFS use more than 720° steering, so that is enough. Of course you can force the cars to use more than 720°, but the animation won't match up with your real wheel then.

As for force feedback strength in LFS, it depends a bit on the car. Cars with driven front wheels tend to have lighter FF, so you should set the strength a bit higher for those than for RWD ones. In general I'd say a value around 40% ingame FF strength is good.

It kinda depends on what you like more, though. Setting the strength lower gives you a much wider dynamic range of the force feedback, but small forces around the centre might be very weak or completely lost then. If you set the strength higher, you'll be able to feel those small forces much better, but at the same time the alignment torque forces (front wheels try to point in direction of travel) can very quickly reach the maximum FF strength the wheel can provide, making this part of the FF feel very on/off-ish.

Overall, just experiment and choose what you like best Smile
#5 - taz11
so do you use 720 degrees? Ive been using 900 degrees since i got it, and it seems ok, but if everyine recomends using 720, then i'll be happy to change.
If you set it up the way Android said, the wheel rotation scale will always match the in-game cars - 720 for road, 540 for GTRs and so forth. That way you always get the intended experience by default.
#7 - taz11
Thanks bud, will do Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG