The online racing simulator
Ironhorse Racing (IHR)
(91 posts, started )
ButtonClutch setting on IHR sorted, you should have no more issues with it.
Thank you for your patience.

Still, it seems to me the definition of button clutch as it is now is not quite correct, and if I'm not mistaken, to have it correct means Airio (nor any other InSim) cannot ensure people are not using button clutch. That is because change between button clutch and axis clutch under wheel settings on track are not reported as driver/control updates...
Quote from EQ Worry : "button clutch" was defined as NOT autoclutch AND (at the same time) NOT shifter.

That's correct. But diNOSaur had axis clutch, so should be allowed to join. Only when neither AC nor Axis are on should you not be allowed to join. Maybe you mistook shifter for axis clutch?
Quote from boothy :ButtonClutch = NOT autoclutch AND NOT shifter

If you remember our disscussion before implementing the check, we've been at this point already. The BIG problem is that if there is axis clutch allowed, there is no way to prevent people from setting axis clutch, joining the race, switching to button clutch and happily racing. That is because LFS does not report to server such a (small) settings change, server does not know about it and thus can never report/check it even in subsequent laps. It is very similar to turning TC on/off – no server InSim can ensure a policy of no TC is strictly adhered to, because TC change on track is not reported to server and cannot be captured.
I know wrong forum but registration keeps failing at IHR forums (cant read confirm code)

Anyways here my problem
I raced a bunch of races at the FE4r? series rotation and earned 47 points in total. By the end of the series i didnt receive any of the points .
I had 25 to start with and earned up to 38 +6? ish at KY2.
My rank should be 25+38+47
166 or
110 points.

Turbolence was there when this was happening. In !Pts it showed [LLM]Bmxtwins 47 pts but in !rank me or !pi it shows 25 during fe. Also safety rating wouldnt go up from 50
Quote from Bmxtwins :... in !Pts it showed [LLM]Bmxtwins 47 pts but in !rank me or !pi it shows 25 during fe ...

I can think of only one explanation for the different !pts and !pi values: Probably you had no PB time stored on the FEx track you were racing on? If there is no PB, there is no place to store the points that add up to the rank. Server PB will not be stored if path check is constantly failing. In that case Airio would display something like "PB was not stored due to failed path check" at the end of each lap. That message means you were seen outside of the proper track (cutting corners too much, losing control somewhere). Path check is similar to HLVC, just not as exact and not as strict.
That only happened on 1 race and only for 1 lap,
Post replay. And I'll check the log.
Don't have the replay HAvOC, wouldnt worry too much anyways, not much of a deal.
im always lost conection with this server, actually my favorite server some one pls help,
check your connection and don't run programs inb background, its notthe server
ban
can you take tonders ban off
Quote from tyyny8 :can you take tonders ban off

file a request here. not in LFS forums.

any ban-related issues posted in this forum will get you nowhere.

(EDIT: tonder was given a 99999 ban, so it's highly unlikely.)
I remember not too long ago IHR Racing was my favourite server. Used have 20-35 people on it most of the time and that was awesome and the racing was generally clean and fair. Admins were great, what happened? These days I dont see anyone on it, and it makes me sad because basically there are no good racing servers anymore that arent demo.
Basically we shot ourselves in the foot.

In an attempt to make the racing even cleaner we set a minimum standard for entry. Even after warnings, mostly from Havoc, that this would empty our server. He was right, we were wrong.

Many people supported this idea but when when it comes down to it people prefer busy servers. We didn't empty over night, it took a few weeks but now we are left with a core of regulars who enjoy clean racing but that is just the same as any server with about 15 or less racers on it.

We took the restriction off recently as it's now completely pointless.
Good move mate. Hopefully I will get more time to race.

Ironhorse Racing (IHR)
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG