The online racing simulator
19/20inch [DISPLAY PORT] Moniters
(14 posts, started )
Hello all, I've purchased an ATI 5800 series and already have 2 19inch widescreen [DVI] moniters. I need an additional 19/20inch widescreen moniter which has a [DISPLAYPORT] input so i can run it with Eyefinity. I have looked around, and dell sells the displayport moniters in America but not England? Does anyone know where i can purchase one of these DISPLAYPORT moniters in England?

Cheers guys, i have looked around but too no avail.
Shit.. that bites.

I tried!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Shit.. that bites.

I tried!

Yeah. Shame they make you use 1 displayport. very few monitors have it
Isn't that the ****ing point of adapters?!
Aye had thought of that option, but as Mjn says.. Active is the only plausible options which costs over 100quid.. which is just rediculous. Thanks for your effort though.
#8 - bhs
I was under the impression that you could run 2DVI monitors and one displayport monitor with Eyefinity.

If that is correct you should have no issues running a simple DP>DVI adapter. I have a box of about 50 of them here at my office, most of the desktops here have DP outputs and DVI monitors.

I think you have to use an active adapter if you want to run more than one monitor from one displayport output.
#9 - need
Nope, you need to have the active Displayport adaptor, or be using at least 1 Displayport monitor, if you want to use 3 monitors.
Ahh well i've found a supplier for anyone who's interested.

www.dell.co.uk -> LCD Moniters. Not a bad price either..

Cheers for your help
oh god not dell
#13 - need
You'll get the dell monitors here, cheaper than buying them directly from Dell.
Quote from need :You'll get the dell monitors here, cheaper than buying them directly from Dell.

Not only this place has low prices but for Dell monitors they have zero dead pixel policy (only UK customers). Planning to buy my NEC from this place (despite 50 € shipping costs it's still barely cheaper than here and at least I'll get it before Christmas ).

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG