The online racing simulator
Straight Track
(23 posts, started )
Straight Track
Hi, have you considered to make a 4 or 5 mile straight course? i think that drag people will love it, and so do i =)

sorry my bad english

Salutz
There is already a dragstrip.

And I don't see the fun in driving in a straight line for miles long, so why bother? Honestly, the first 15 seconds would be a tad fun because you'd have to shift, but after that it's just depressing a pedal...
but the drag strip isn't so long... the funniest thing is take for exemple xfg to 260kmph with a good set... it needs a lot of road...
Quote from ringocrx :but the drag strip isn't so long... the funniest thing is take for exemple xfg to 260kmph with a good set... it needs a lot of road...

How do you know that the drag strip isnt long enaugh?
dude... i can see on youtube... and a friend of mine that has S2 told me too, so...
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum
Yep same budy as ever......... Try your frends drag str8 and then tell again. I think that 260 with xfg are too much even for fun...... try a good setup in blackwood str8.. I reach 220
can u send that set?
#8 - STF
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :try a good setup in blackwood str8.. I reach 220

XFG, BL1 straight. 220km/h, from setup.
I call shenanigans.
No because it was a set from X patch...... And ok 216km\h and wall crash..... I didnt say that i do the whole track....
There are no real drag strips that long, mainly because of the reason ColeusRattus said. Once you're in top gear and your foot's on the floor it's just pointless.

Maybe it should have a couple of configurations though. Maybe 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile, but I wouldn't even bother going as long as a full mile because even the UF1 should be at full tilt by then
if its any longer it will just turn into death race, because people will get bored.
BL straight is about a kilometer I think. Isn't that enough? This is as much as a real drag strip, the only problem is that it isn't wide enough for 5/6-lane drag.
Quote from LFSn00b :Maybe a 10-15km piece of wangan highway from japan? ultrafast turns, bumps tunnels etc... That would be fun with a bit tweaked XRT at 300kmh...

Actually that would be fun, but tunnels without proper dynamic lighting? :sadbanana
Yeah, demo user made a thread: fire 9000 Redeemers on him

Don't you think variety of tracks doesn't hurt anoyone?
There is a place for fun and adrenaline in 80km/h rally through forest, the place for it, is also in racing 100-200km/h on track but there is no place for fun in racing h2h at 300km/h in FZ5?

+1 for track with very long straight

Edit: ok, I went off topic in my head. This thread is about long drag strip!
Quote from pasibrzuch :Yeah, demo user made a thread: fire 9000 Redeemers on him

Who said anything about the OP being a demo user (except you, of course)

Quote :Don't you think variety of tracks doesn't hurt anoyone?

In how has a long straight track anything to do with variety?
Quote :There is a place for fun and adrenaline in 80km/h rally through forest, the place for it, is also in racing 100-200km/h on track but there is no place for fun in racing h2h at 300km/h in FZ5?

kyoto?
I didn't even notice it was a demo user, I only noticed the suggestion of possibly the most boring piece of track ever. I can't even imagine how dull a few miles of straight line would be. No chance to get back any time you lose early on, nothing to fight against but the wind, no need to actually think about where you're going or your position on the track. For 5 miles? Hell no.

And racing at 300km/h isn't going to be any more of a challenge than racing at 200km/h. If both cars are around the same speed and the drivers around the same skill, the race would be amazing and intense no matter what speed you're doing.
I love racing the UF1s for that very reason - they're not fast but you're always bunched together.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Who said anything about the OP being a demo user (except you, of course)

No one, directly.
Quote :In how has a long straight track anything to do with variety?

Long straight as a part of the track. Long straight where you can reach 100% of Top Speed of a car is a variant which LFS doesn't contain now.
Quote :kyoto?

No it's boring and not long enaugh (oval). I thought about something like semi-public road course, very thight and quick, with huge bumps and places to break suspention at top speed
I wouldn't mind the VW test track in Ehra-Lessien where TG maxxed the Veyron. 8.85km straight
Long straight has also practical side.

Imagine that she starts to sing to microphone. Long straight is a most safe place to take your chorus part, when you don't see the track for few seconds.
39283° thread, but...

+1

Avus Ring, old La Sarthe, old Monza, Ehra-Lissien, that awesome 2 mile "curved straight" at Nordschleife, and many others... boring?
What about a downward curved endless straight? As in, a really small earth, formed like an O.

Just to test out some things.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :What about a downward curved endless straight? As in, a really small earth, formed like an O.

Just to test out some things.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/2084/pistagmretajw6.jpg

This is GM's test track, in Indaiatuba, Brazil. There are similar tracks around the world, owned by companies. Nardo (Italy), is an exemple.

They call them "end-less straight". Don't think we would have much to test, but...
i think that it's a great idea, but it's not necessary. we already have the autocross and the dragstrip. it's like adding a carpark in Aston, it would be great, but we don't need one. and hundreds of thousands of people have suggested this, right?

Straight Track
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG