The online racing simulator
How stupid is this
(9 posts, started )
How stupid is this
Ive bought a monitor a couple of weeks back that has a HDMI slot and says ready for xbox 360 on the box but it has no built in speakers so how exactly am i meant to get sound for the 360 with the hdmi cable? LG really are morons
No they're not, why would you even want built-in 1W speakers? They're so useless, there's no point in having digital multichannel sound anyway.
  • XB360
    • AVR
      • Monitor
      • Home theatre
well at least with built in ones i'd be able to hear some of what was going on instead of having to play in silence
The PS3 can provide a stereo downmix of any audio on the analog output and the full digitial signal via HDMI or optical out at the same time, I'd be surprised if the XB360 couldn't
#5 - senn
Use an amplifier and speakers/headphones? +1 monitor mounted speakers are fail. I'd always consider a monitor to not have speakers. On an LCD/Plasma TV sure i'd expect it...

Pretty sure the 360 in HDMi composite mode uses normal audio outputs? Or do you have a different kind of cable?
ive got a HDMI cable not using the HD cable that comes with the 360 or PS3
also ive got a set of Logitech pc speakers that i would like to use if possible so what would i need to do?
That Xbox 360 ready on monitor is a marketing gimmick. Any monitor with a HDMI or DVI is Xbox 360 ready, so that makes almost all monitors Xbox 360 ready (except those really cheap monitors with only VGA).
i got my ps3 working with sound by plugging the HDMI into the monitor then plugging the plug that goes into the scart on the tv in and plugging an adapter onto the end of that to make it put the sound through my Logitech speakers

How stupid is this
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG