The online racing simulator
Strange UDP problem with one specific server
Hi there, I'm trying to help a league-mate solve one strange problem he is having with one specific server.

We have four servers, all hosted in the same machine (I checked it using TCPView), that we use in this league. Three of them are team servers and the other one is owned by the league. Well, he claims that since about a week he's constantly having problems with one of the team servers - ironically, his own team server.

He reports that he sees all cars in that server with over 50 seconds lag, then suddenly he see them move for a very brief moment and then they lag again. At the same time, people seem to not see him in track, "only when he's stopped".

He doesn't lose connection to the host, so that would mean that he's still having a fluent enough TCP connection to keep him alive, but what he describes looks like he's not sending (people can't see him) and neither receiving (he can't see others) UDP packets.

I repeat that he only has this problem with this host www.nls.es | XspaTM, but not with the other three servers hosted in the same machine (www.nls.es LFS-CESAV.net #Q, www.nls.es | DMS, www.nls.es |<<LFR>>).

This doesn't make any sense, does it?

Right now he's using control+T to play in UDP mode, but I told him that's not the right solution. In fact, that's only a turnaround fix, but the problem is still there.
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Hi there, I'm trying to help a league-mate solve one strange problem he is having with one specific server.

We have four servers, all hosted in the same machine (I checked it using TCPView), that we use in this league. Three of them are team servers and the other one is owned by the league. Well, he claims that since about a week he's constantly having problems with one of the team servers - ironically, his own team server.

He reports that he sees all cars in that server with over 50 seconds lag, then suddenly he see them move for a very brief moment and then they lag again. At the same time, people seem to not see him in track, "only when he's stopped".

He doesn't lose connection to the host, so that would mean that he's still having a fluent enough TCP connection to keep him alive, but what he describes looks like he's not sending (people can't see him) and neither receiving (he can't see others) UDP packets.

I repeat that he only has this problem with this host www.nls.es | XspaTM, but not with the other three servers hosted in the same machine (www.nls.es LFS-CESAV.net #Q, www.nls.es | DMS, www.nls.es |<<LFR>>).

This doesn't make any sense, does it?

Right now he's using control+T to play in UDP mode, but I told him that's not the right solution. In fact, that's only a turnaround fix, but the problem is still there.

Try changing the server with the issue to different ports.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG