The online racing simulator
softth 1x22" + 2x19" problem
(5 posts, started )
I have been searching everywhere for a solution. The screens on the sides are scaled down and does not match the middle monitor. Is there som way to crop of the top part of the screens to get them to align like in the gif?

Or maybe a way to scale them up somewhat like how it´s done with lens correction, but not scaling the middle monitor?

In LFS, in windowed mode, if you drag the window over the screens they do line up, but ofcourse with terrible performance.
And after aligning the monitors in windows monitor settings they are aligned when using the desktop.

I assume it´s a softth problem but I´d very much appriciate if someone have a tip (Placing the monitors higher makes it aligned in center, but not ideal)
Attached images
54cb440ee20efd9009b06b9349b77933.gif
As far as I am aware, SoftTH doesn't know, nor can do anything, about screens of different physical sizes.

If the smaller screens are lower resolution, by the precise amount that the screens are smaller by, so that your pixel size ends up the same, then in windowed mode things will appear the same size, although you can't compensate for the bezel gap. SoftTH and LFS can both compensate for bezels (although LFS can only do so when rendering with multiple viewports).

With SoftTH, when you run a smaller resolution on the sidescreens, the whole image is still rendered at 3x the central resolution, and the image for the sidescreens is resampled to the lower resolution. If the screens are smaller and the native resolution lower, what would actually be better is for the image to be cropped, rather than resampled, and that would probably get your desired effects. I've not noticed an option to do that last time I looked through the SoftTH config, but there might be. If not, you could always add a request for that feature on the SoftTH forum.
Thank you for your responce.

I added this as a request at that forum because I´ve seen many examples where users have two smaller screens instead of three exacly matching.

In my experience testing my own setup, I must say it is very dissorienting not having the images lining up. I am amazed there is so little discussed about this issue though.
Since you might not get a software solution (today) you could try a physical adjustment to scale them up. Bring the two smaller monitors forward, which makes them bigger to the spectator. With this setup you can also overlap the bevels so you get some more screen realestate back to.

I used to have a 1x 19" and 1x 22" setup and that's how I made them line up. You might have to use a couple of thin books or something to lift the monitors the the exact height to make them line up.

IIRC I had the 19" about 10cm closer to me than the 22" viewed from about 60cms.
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5303/dscn8848vv8.jpg
Attached images
x3.JPG
xplan.JPG
Thanks. Cool tip!

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG