The online racing simulator
Any Americans Near Vegas? Schumi is coming to town!

Quote :On the 22nd of November the Tony Kart Racing Team will once again take part in the prestigious US event, SKUSA SuperNationals.
The XIII edition of the race, will take place in front of the Hotel Rio in centre of Las Vegas. The track, situated within the city, is 1500 meters (1 mile) long and offers fast stretches giving many possibilities to overtake. The SKUSA SuperNational has become one of the main events in America the last years, attracting teams and drivers from Europe. The event has become the race where the karting schools of the two continents meet each other.

Tony Kart Racing Team renews with great satisfaction its attendance to the SuperNationals race, joining the forces of the US importer of Tony Kart. The Team will count on the competitiveness of the Tony Kart Racer EVR and Krypton KRX chassis powered with Vortex engines.

The Tony Kart Racing Team official line-up will be special this year thanks to the seven times World Champion Michael Schumacher, who will join the Tony Kart team at this event. With his famous and active presence at this international karting race, Michael proves his great passion for karting and gives once again his important contribution to the worldwide promotion of the sport.

In the Super Pro (KZ2) category Tony Kart Racing Team drivers will be next to Michael Schumacher the Italian Marco Ardigò (SuperNational 2007 winner and multiple world champion) and the Englishman Gary Catt. The English driver boasts several prestigious international titles, such as the victory of the Italian Open Master, the victory of the Margutti Trophy and of the Winter Cup. He has been also vice European and World Champion. In category KF2 the talented drivers Japanese Yu Kanamaru and Brasilian Guilherme Silva, both racing the European series, will join the team.
Besides the drivers coming from the Europe, Tony Kart will have very strong field of US drivers attending the race. Famous names like Alex Speed (KF2), Buddy Rice (Indy Car champion driving KF2), Gustavo Menezes (KF2 & TAG Sr), Cody Hodgson (KF2), Joel Miller (KF2), Jose Zanella (Super Pro), Pietro Fittipaldi (TAG jr) and Marc Zartarian (TAG Sr) are examples of Tony Kart drivers present that will make the Supernationals event highly competitive and will also be favorite drivers in their respective categories

Gonna be crazy! Alguersuari and Beumi will be competing. Who knows if any more F1 lads will come and play!

Schumacher has been testing rather a lot (and I mean a lot) recently in italy as well as racing in germany. Odd really investing so much time in go-karts for 8 year olds innit.

Looks like a man to me who wants to stay race sharp and race fit for F1 to me!
#2 - amp88
Quote from JPeace :wish senna was here to show them how a real driver drives a go-kart

Terry Fullerton > Ayrton Senna (in karts).
Quote from JPeace :of course, i forgot terry fullerton, my sorries, but you have to admit, those two and maybe button are ledgeonary in karting folke lore

Button was good, but far from legendary
Quote from JPeace :hm i dont know, i think he was far better than he would ever be in formula one, then he won world championship, so it shows how much i know lol

lol He wasn't a legend in karts, but very very good. He finished 27th in the only World Championship final he competed in (I don't have details though about his weekend performance). Whereas as Fullerton had two, and Senna finished runner-up a few times
Quote from JPeace :i have details from his auto-biograhpy from 2002, he was "comfortably 2nd and with 3 laps to go the guy in fronts engine seized and i hit him and rolled it, it hurt. bad." lol aka he failed, he wasnt ledgendary no, but it is very hard to be a ledgend nowadays

Thonon, Ardigo, Kozlinski, Fore
Buddy Rice and Scott Speed will also be competing in the KF2 class as well I beleive.
Nelson Piquet Jnr has confirmed his entry too!

Now it's gonna be very interesting!
Quote from Intrepid :Any Americans Near Vegas? Schumi is coming to town!

Why only Americans? Surely, anyone near Vegas could go, not just Americans near Vegas :P
Schumacher in training for Supernats Home vid from some dude at Lonato. Schumi is in there mixed with some of the more 'recreational' karters.

For a sport easy for an 8 year old to master Schumacher has been putting in some insane mileage for the Supernats. Gonna be freakin' mega. He certainly looks more kart driver like than he did several months ago. But to be comfortable in one of those karts you do need a lot of mileage.

Here's the crazy thing. Schumacher clearly is demonstrating he wouldn't dream of entering a kart race in a hotal car park in Las Vegas without doing a significant amount of driving and testing. Yet in F1 you have to jump in without any testing bar some days in an old car.
joel johansson will also be there racing. we drive for the same club
#11 - J.B.
Looking interesting! I wonder if there will be any TV coverage? For that matter, does anyone know if Massa is doing his karting event again this year? Was quite good the last two years, definitely more fun than the silly RoC stadium events.
Quote from Intrepid :Schumacher in training for Supernats Home vid from some dude at Lonato. Schumi is in there mixed with some of the more 'recreational' karters.

For a sport easy for an 8 year old to master Schumacher has been putting in some insane mileage for the Supernats. Gonna be freakin' mega. He certainly looks more kart driver like than he did several months ago. But to be comfortable in one of those karts you do need a lot of mileage.

Here's the crazy thing. Schumacher clearly is demonstrating he wouldn't dream of entering a kart race in a hotal car park in Las Vegas without doing a significant amount of driving and testing. Yet in F1 you have to jump in without any testing bar some days in an old car.

Yet in F1 if you don't test you become a luca badoer.
"Any Americans Near Vegas?"

I lol'd.
Quote from Mustafur :Yet in F1 if you don't test you become a luca badoer.

luca badoer = look how bad you are
Just got back! Wow.... F1 drivers did well but weren't in the same league as the pros.
Pretty sure if you swapped them round the end result would be the same.
Quote from boothy :Pretty sure if you swapped them round the end result would be the same.

But F1 drivers are supposed to be 'the best of the best' and karts are for 8 year olds

To be fair they all did well, Schumi especially, but he hasn't been out of a kart for 6 months (racing and testing all the time) and his gear was phenomenal. he got a bit lucky to get a top 10 with several karts retiring or crashing in front.

Oddest thing was seeing Carlton from Fresh Prince singing the national anthem before the finals. Appaz he's big into karting
Haha you don't half ramble on. What is this, real driv... i mean, F1 drivers vs Karters?

'Odd really investing so much time in go-karts for 8 year olds innit.'

'But F1 drivers are supposed to be 'the best of the best' and karts are for 8 year olds'

'Here's the crazy thing. Schumacher clearly is demonstrating he wouldn't dream of entering a kart race in a hotal car park in Las Vegas without doing a significant amount of driving and testing. Yet in F1 you have to jump in without any testing bar some days in an old car.'

You must be insecure about something, maybe deep down you actually think karts are for 8year olds and these statements are your way of trying to hide your insecurity? :P

Or did you just fail to progress from karts?

Not trying to bitch, just woundering what all those comments stem from.
#21 - 5haz
F1 drivers are kartors.
F1 drivers were karters.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :
Not trying to bitch, just woundering what all those comments stem from.

I am diggin' at everyone on the forum who thinks karting is shit, not making statements about myself.

BTW chattin' to some guys inside Schumi's tent was interesting. While no one stated he IS returning to F1 there were some interesting looks when the question was raised
Now i understand, I thought you were on some sort of crusade.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Now i understand, I thought you were on some sort of crusade.

hehe nah. Everytime I post on this forum anywhere several predictable members will somehow mention karting and how it's just for kids and is easy (even when I don't even mention karting), hence when I do have the opportunity to dig back I do

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG