The online racing simulator
Round 1: Qualifying
Hello racers:

Here is the place for anything directly relating to qualiifying.

There are two qualifying sessions.

Session 1 starts at 19:00 UTC on Sunday, 8 November 2009.
Session 2 starts at 19:00 UTC on Friday, 13 November 2009.

Each session is divided into two "pools".

Cars 00-14 are in pool 1.
Cars 15-28 are in pool 2.

Teams in Pool 2 may not be in server while Pool 1 is qualifying. During Pool 2's qualifying, the same goes for Pool 1 teams. We will announce in this thread as well as in IRC and in server (for those in remote to see) when Pool 2 may join.

You are able to use as many drivers as you wish during the session, but we ask that you please only have 2 drivers in the server at one time. Shift+P and Shift+S will only be allowed from within the pitlane AFTER you have made a pitstop. You can telepit while the pitstop is in progress. If you telepit from anywhere else on track, your session is over.

We will post in this thread a cropped screen shot of each session's results, then after each session's runs have been audited, we'll post an official results image for all to see. The final grid will come from the fastest times of the two sessions. The driver credited with that time MUST drive one racing lap (outlap and inlap excluded) during the race. If this driver is unable to do so, you must notify administration PRIOR to the end of the race.

NOTE: SimRacing Lithuania Team lost their fastest lap of the session due to chat during the session. Also, the last 3:30 (approximately) of the session is not counted as one of their drivers telepitted from on track

1. Car 21, n!faculy, lost their fastest and only lap of the session due to a driver name change during the session, which is counted as chat.
2. Car 18, Deadline Racing, did not set a lap, due to an incident preventing them taking further part in the session.

Session 1 Pool 1 Replay - SendSpace - FileFront
Session 1 Pool 2 Replay - SendSpace - FileFront
Session 2 Pool 1 Replay - SendSpace - FileFront
Session 2 Pool 2 Replay - http://www.sendspace.com/file/fypq35 - FileFront
Attached images
Q1Pool1RawResults.png
Q1Pool2RawResults.png
Q2Pool1RawResults.png
Q2Pool2RawResults.png
Is the rule XIX.1 required for the qualification as well?
We can qualify on both days? Or only in one session?
#4 - pik_d
Quote from AjRose :We can qualify on both days? Or only in one session?

Each team can qualify on Sunday and on Friday.
Note: You do Not have to have confirmed yet to take part in Q1.

You can do this session and not 2, or do #2 and skip #1. Or you can do both #1 and #2. If you miss Both, you don't get to race.

Please have a representative in IRC. The IRC rule will be enforced.

d
Quote from dekojester :Note: You do Not have to have confirmed yet to take part in Q1.

You can do this session and not 2, or do #2 and skip #1. Or you can do both #1 and #2. If you miss Both, you don't get to race.

Please have a representative in IRC. The IRC rule will be enforced.

d

irc for qualify? Isn't that going to be more serious than needed?
Yea.. I don't think I can get anyone in IRC for this qualy.
That IRC stuff really is not easy at all. I understand the reasons behind it but... euh...
I'll let it slide if you're not in.
what is the server for qualif?
Quote from Crash_burn :what is the server for qualif?

The one you're on

Pool 1 Quali starting in ~5 mins
Goddammit my stupid screen blacked out...

I hope I didnt take anyone out god I cant believe my luck...
Pool 1 complete. Pool 2 may now join. Results screenie going into OP shortly.

d
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
Replays in OP.

d
Combined results (full qualifying 1 Results) added to OP.

A penalty was incurred by SimRacing Lithuania Team (Car #14) for chat in server, when Stibi changed his name. Also, there were two instances where both SRLT drivers were on course...this is not allowed. We'll /spec if the second driver is on for too long, or discredit any laps of the driver who joined later while both are concurrently on track.

d
Just a little thank you to 'Something Awful' for giving me the final push to get back in the pitlane when I had ran out of fuel at the end of the qualify.

Good qualify in Pool 2, I did horrible, but it was good racing with everyone giving enough room to eachother. I like it!
Just a couple of notes:

1. Team 09 FUBAR Racing are driving the FZR, not the FXR.

2. Big to The E-Team for dislodging us from the final chicane when we got beached on the raised kerb. Thanks guys .

Otherwise good effort all.

1.10.50..........the bearded crucified one did shed a tear :eye-poppi
As far as I know the driver who qualified for n!faculty is called Michael Leisterer, not Keisterer.
Was a really good qual Everyone drove very nice, and respected blueflag. Very well done everybody!

Pretty close too :P
Gratz Tommy that was great lap i think my team need now little more work to be proud from our result.
uhh, could somebody give me a screenie of my chating?

Im beliving you guys, but just make sure where i chated
Oh, and im too lazy to watch whole replay
You didn't chat, but your teammate renamed himself which produced a line of chat, thus the penalty.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG