The online racing simulator
I won something with LFS
(36 posts, started )
I won something with LFS
Simracing, usually more of the arcade type can be found on business expo type things and when I was supposed to help a colleague, I noticed a Force Dynamics 301 running LFS BF1 Blackwood. It had a 3 screen setup like this

While it was mighty odd and the motion sim really only adds some 'occasion', certainly not realism, I was of course the fastest by miles! The laptime? Horrid.. 1:13! With those three screens its weird how your eyes sort of are used to looking at ONE of them, so I either looked ahead, or to the side. Often I wanted to look in the middle somewhere but there was the black surroundings of the monitors.

So when looking at the center view, its simracing on a single screen with about a 25 degree FOV, which is mighty odd.. While the handling was somewhat like I recall LFS to be, and amplified by cold tires probably, it was pretty 'auto rotate / spin' at low speeds. Since LFS is used somewhat often on expos, I wonder if it might be a good idea for the devs to turn tire heating etc off.. Though perhaps it even was off and I just really couldn't feel it.

And what did I win? Tickets to a football game.. I despise football.. But my colleagues might not.

There was also a ps3 somewhere running some arcade F1 game with auto brakes and auto steering and 'anti-simracing' enabled, which made no sense at all and I came 2 tenths short of winning a (pretty poor) laptop! Doh!
Ah, when I first opened this thread I thought you had won that Force Dynamics! Too bad, football sucks indeed But at least you got to try out that setup.
Nice prize and well done.

With regards to football, can you both please check between your legs and confirm you are indeed men? A man who has no passion for the greatest game in the world is in need of help.
I thought you won that 301
Quote from yeager :Nice prize and well done.

With regards to football, can you both please check between your legs and confirm you are indeed men? A man who has no passion for the greatest game in the world is in need of help.

I hope you realise they are probably referring to a different game to you

Football can refer to at least 3 sports that i know
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I thought you won that 301

+1

Also, i wonder. There would be any similar contest from the devs It would be nice, i know that they dont have much money to spend on us (right?), but still. Dam, if i had money for like 3x G27 systems, i maybe would help devs. But myea.
Sure I'm a man, in fact, I can operate all 3 pedals at the same time!
Yes.... only real men like to watch other men grunt, grope and fumble with each other in tights.
* not that there's anything wrong with that.

Interesting how the black bars on the screen put you off so much.
talking about a shameless plug there.
Quote from yeager :nice prize and well done.

bully
Guess extended ballcollection is a bieffect of this.
#13 - 5haz

Football requires only one ball. ;-D
hah, nice one. All I won on the IAA was a NFS Shift punching ball, at a boot where 8 people had to race each other in M3 GTRs. They even had a sort of commentator:
"I see, you played Shift before."
"No."
"Ehh, another NFS title?"
"Not since NFSU1"
"... You are good, but why do you only use one foot?"
""
Quote from yeager :....With regards to football, can you both please check between your legs and confirm you are indeed men? A man who has no passion for the greatest game in the world is in need of help.

In Europe, what we call 'football', Americans call 'soccer'.

What Americans call 'football', Europeans call - well, nothing really, as we don't watch it, dont' understand it, wonder why you need all that padding and helmets to play a type of rugby game.
Given Yeager is originally from Britain I'm sure he's talking about the proper meaning of football.
I always have trouble when racing on 20° FOV, the physics really 'feel' different. When you get in a spin, you'll most probably lose it.
I even have trouble racing at 90° FOV. I have 2 screens and I want to use them both, but I'm just used to racing with 110° FOV.
Quote from sinanju :
What Americans call 'football', Europeans call - well, nothing really

Hand-egg.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I always have trouble when racing on 20° FOV, the physics really 'feel' different. When you get in a spin, you'll most probably lose it.
I even have trouble racing at 90° FOV. I have 2 screens and I want to use them both, but I'm just used to racing with 110° FOV.

FINALLY! Someone who agrees with me .
I drive at 120 though, the first time I played LFS it was set at 120° FOV and I have never changed it.
20° makes the car feel like it is going 40mph when you are doing 120 and you can't see out of any windows or see the left mirror!
Congratulations Niels

I also thought you had won the setup in the pic when I first started reading

SD.

You're kidding, right? Football, any type, is a pansies game.

Quote from sil3ntwar :I hope you realise they are probably referring to a different game to you

Football can refer to at least 3 sports that i know

3? Are you including Aussie rules as a different sport to European football, or is there another horrible sport I don't know about?
Lol at those tho thought for a moment I won a 301! If there ever is a BF1 Blackwood competition with a 301 at stake, 1:13 won't cut it
Quote from MAGGOT :You're kidding, right? Football, any type, is a pansies game.

I've seen em fall over on purpose, they seem to fall over a lot to get attention.

Though football is funny, fans get so angry and mad if their beloved crappy team looses and they go out and start fights. So lame. I think you need only 1 brain cell to watch football, thats why people get so mad at it because they don't have the capacity to not get that angry. Football players sure are rich just for kicking a ball around in a field.

But I guess if it gets kids out and cures obsesty then it's all good. Now where did I put that magic potion to cure fat chicks...
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I always have trouble when racing on 20° FOV, the physics really 'feel' different. When you get in a spin, you'll most probably lose it.

ForceDynamics 301 and 401 are deployed now with one 50'' screen.

I am really curious about description from experienced LFSer - I know FD301 and 401 are really light and servomotors driven so its quick. How about lags or unnatural feel of acceleration. I experienced driving in Michelin simulator based on Citroen C2 for demonstration of proper tyre pressure (and won key fob for driving the test ride till massive pressure drop ) - this simulator felt really laggy as its hydraulics moved the whole car body.

I won something with LFS
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG