The online racing simulator
The Forza race series discussion
(48 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :I've got a story about that............but lets just leave it there........

You can't say that an expect to get away with it. I demand at least a PM, if not photographs
Quote from Dajmin :You can't say that an expect to get away with it.

I ain't saying nothing, the fact that my username is the same on MANY forums, and google is too good means its more than my lifes worth!!!
My 300c is pimpin. Or should i say my boat is pimpin :P
I can't decide which car I like best. I keep buying new ones, speccing them up and then deciding it's better than the last one. Right now I'm liking the G8 though, and it's unusual enough to be interesting. Need to have a go at skinning it.
I am plumping for the 300C, big pimpin' all the way.
Wow how did I completely miss this thread up until now. As I said in the forza thread would be good to do this. Though it seems that from the response in this thread that there is more than 8 people interested already (damn forza limit GRRR!) Might test out some of the cars anyway to see what they are like can never have to many cars in your garage anyway lol.
The number of people isn't that big a deal, since the Forzacentral guys ran 16. Qualifying times split them into the 2 groups. The video editing and replay splicing were so good on those that you'd swear it was a 16-man race.

But it's okay, my spreadsheet has space for 16 players on it
In that case then, I will get playing about with the cars to see which one I want. Initially, I would say M5 as I love it so much, but I will test the others.

Also need a paintjob, so I will get designing.
Im torn between my Boat that rocks and a BMW M5....Hmm
If anyone wants to run with it, and do all the organisation shite, be my guest, I am struggling to find the time to do so, however, I am sure I'd find the time to race
Can I get a huge and resounding "hell no"?

While my ego likes the idea of being in total control of everything, my brain can imagine the sort of work involved keeping everything up to date and going through replays for queries and working out a points system and all kinds of nonsense. I think not
Even if "we" thrash out the car details, and just have a "series" of fun races?
Well "we" could most certainly try, but eventually somebody is going to complain about getting bounced off the track (and for that I apologise in advance) and expect someone to pay for it
To be honest, whether this turns into a full league with points and rulings etc or whether just a night for a decent length organised race with the cars I don't really mind.

Either way, as long as Dajmin is racing so I wont loose I will join in
How about we just say, LFS get-together night is............and see what transpires.
Quote from danowat :How about we just say, LFS get-together night is............and see what transpires.

That sounds just as good to be honest, but without the organising of a league. If we do this though, anyone else agree though that should be proper curcuit racing and say around 20 laps or so?
Quote from Greboth :That sounds just as good to be honest, but without the organising of a league. If we do this though, anyone else agree though that should be proper curcuit racing and say around 20 laps or so?

I am more than happy with that.
I had assumed the races would be an hour or so long, so 20 laps is fine by me. You'll be able to lap me a couple of times in that distance

I also recommend that if we're using B-class cars that we don't choose any stupidly twisty tracks, like Fujimi Kaido since you'd spend most of it in 2nd gear.
Quote from Dajmin :I had assumed the races would be an hour or so long, so 20 laps is fine by me. You'll be able to lap me a couple of times in that distance

I also recommend that if we're using B-class cars that we don't choose any stupidly twisty tracks, like Fujimi Kaido since you'd spend most of it in 2nd gear.

IMO, the longer tracks aren't really that good at providing quality racing, so IMO, there will be no Fujimi, no Nurburgring, no Rally de Postiano or whatever its called.
Glad to hear it. The Ring might be brilliant to drive round, but as a racing event it's kind boring.

I'd say ideal lap time for those cars is between 1:30 and 2:15. Much longer feels really long and any shorter feels too abrupt. But there's a load of good tracks in that range.
I don't mind the nurburgring so much as it flows not like Fukimi Kiado or the rally one as all 2nd gear really. Off the top of my head I was thinking of silverstone, suzuka, road america, road atlanta, sebring, laguna seca, catalunya, maple valley and mugello. Which is quite alot of tracks to keep busy on
IMO, Mugello is probably the most conducive track to racing there is.
Quote from danowat :IMO, Mugello is probably the most conducive track to racing there is.

I Heart Mugello

The Forza race series discussion
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG