The online racing simulator
New wheel, help me to decide.
Hi,

My G25 is getting old, and by the time it's dead, I want to buy a new wheel.
I've liked the G25.
But now there's a G27, so that is interesting.

But I also seen the "Porsche 911 GT3 RS wheel Clubsport" wheel for €290.
My main question is : Logitech or Fanatec.

If logitech, G25 or G27.

If Fanataec, "Porsche 911 GT3 RS wheel Clubsport" or "Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel - Clubsport Edition" The 2nd one, because it's €500, so must be alot better?

About the "Porsche 911 GT3 RS wheel Clubsport ", does it have a wheel and pedals? Or only the wheel? And are they some people here who have it, and can confirm it's better then a G25/G27? Because I couldn't really find that much reviews, except the simracing one on youtube.

I think The Fanatec and the Logitech wheels are the best for the budget of less then €500, correct me if I'm wrong.
#2 - Buzzn
Short review, but it's good. So basicly said, it's better then the G25? About the pedals, I don't really know what he means.
#4 - J@tko
^ Remember that Tommy is sponsored by Fanatec

Of course, not saying in any way that he would endorse a rubbish product in any way, just thought id mention it
the GT3 RS wheel is better than the other wheel you mention The turbo S wheel (if I remeber correct) does work with xbox 360 though, something the other wheel doesnt. It doesnt exist many of those wheel, I think, thats why their so expensive. Again... If I remember correctly :P

oh, and I have of course written my impressions of the wheel
Quote from Tomhah :the GT3 RS wheel is better than the other wheel you mention The turbo S wheel (if I remeber correct) does work with xbox 360 though, something the other wheel doesnt. It doesnt exist many of those wheel, I think, thats why their so expensive. Again... If I remember correctly :P

oh, and I have of course written my impressions of the wheel

I don't give a damn if it works on anything else then the PC. So I should go for the GT3 RS wheel?
#7 - Jakg
Quote from J@tko :^ Remember that Tommy is sponsored by Fanatec

I got a 911 wheel free. Doesn't mean I ever sang it's praises...

I'd say G25 simple because the 911 is waaaaay too chunky...
Quote from Jakg :I got a 911 wheel free. Doesn't mean I ever sang it's praises...

I'd say G25 simple because the 911 is waaaaay too chunky...

In what way?

And is the gt3 wheel better?
#9 - Jakg
Erm, the wheel it's self is just very fat and felt nothing like a real car and just felt ridiculous to me.
Depends on what car you're used to I'd say, my brothers Peugeot 206 wheel is also quite large.

I have heard alot good and bad things about the GT3 wheel. Some say they have this, some say they don't. Some say they have that, some say they don't, so I dunno.

I'd say, when my G25 dies, and no other new better wheel has come out, I'll take this, and just try. I can always get my money back, right?
#11 - Jakg
I've driven several cars, and my Dad's Kia has a thick wheel but the 911 wheel was much much smaller circumference but much much thicker.

Personal experience though - your mileage may vary, some people may swear by them...
Yeah.

I hear good things about the pedals, although buggy drivers. I assume that's solved by now, and also Windows seven 64 bit working.

The more reviews and forums I look at, they all say : FFB is better, smoother and less noisy.
Only bad things I hear is play in the main shaft, the flappy shifters. And someone with snapped belt or whatever. But that shouldn't be a problem when you got guarantee.

So this combo is wheel + pedals? So I need to buy a separate H-shifter from them as well?
The GT3RS Clubsport edition includes the Clubsport pedals. I'd pay double that price for the pedals alone!! (Read my review if you want more info)

As for the wheel.. here's a little review I wrote on another forum:

Quote :

The G25 is obviously a very good wheel. The things I liked most about the G25 were its responsiveness/speed and strength, so I was curious as to how the GT3RS would compare. Especially after reading that some 911 Turbo owners complained that their wheel was a bit sluggish.

Well, no need to worry! With the most recent software you can enable the so-called "drift mode". Why on earth they called it drift mode and why it isn't enabled by default is beyond me. What it basically does is to remove the internal resistance of the wheel. The net result is that the wheel is every bit as responsive and quick as the G25.

As for strength, the wheel is as strong (if not stronger) than the G25. But more important is the way in which the force is delivered. I guess it's a combination of electronics and the belt drive, but the net result is that the wheel feels very very smooth. The transitions from weak to strong force feedback is completely dynamic with no noticeable notchiness or "force levels". With my G25 I normally used quite low force feedback because it felt like the forces leveled off (saturated) quite early when turning. With the GT3RS I'm able to use higher forces because it doesn't saturate as quickly. I guess you can say that FFB fidelity is maintained for much higher forces than with the G25.

Add the big diameter of the wheel, the thickness of the grip and the lovely alcantara leather and it really feels terrific to race with.

And, of course, this wheel is quiet! My G25 was making a lot of noise towards the end when going over bumps and stuff. That's not the case with the GT3RS. Sure it's not 100% quiet (you can certainly hear the belt moving) but it's not something that bothers me at all. I'm playing with headphones, and then I don't hear anything at all. So no need to worry that you're going to disturb someone in the room next door!

In my opinion it's a far better wheel than the G25 on every account.

Very nice review. Is this wheel also better then the G27?
The pedals look really nice to me, and the wheel itself aswell. I think you convinced me to buy it. As soon my G25 dies, I'll take this. Only downside it's €300 + €50 for shifter and shipping. Is the shifter any good? (h-shifter).
I have never tried the G27, so I can't comment. But according to Inside Sim Racing the wheel is significantly more noisy than the G25. (about 30 seconds into that clip you can hear it for yourself) Which is something to keep in mind I guess. But overall the G27 is said to have better force feedback than the G25

As for the Fanatec Shifter, I didn't buy that one so I couldn't say.. but from what I've heard, the clamping mechanism is crap, so you'd probably want to come up with some custom method for clamping it to your desk or whatever. The shifter itself is supposed to be good, though.
Yeah, the G27 is noisy I've heard.
I still think the FFB of the fanatec wheel is better, because it's belt-driven, thus more smooth I'd say.

Clamping isn't really a problem IMO, because I'm quite creative, so I'll find a way to mount it. Aslong it's not as crap as the G25 shifter, which just is quite crap quality.
yeah, I'd say go for the GT3 RS wheel -clubsport edition-. Thats at least what I would have done

I just love the way the wheel and FFB feels, and the pedals is top notch, and far better than the G25 ones.

Im off to bed, night
the clubsport 911 gt3 rs has wheel and pedals it is absolutely awesome i love it best wheel ever the trubo s wheel is more expensive because it works with xbox 360 get the gt3 rs clubsport you wont regret it
I Own a Fanatec 911 Gt3 rs and Tbh..

G27 Anyday.

My opinion.
Im more of a logitech guy tbh, To me.. G25 Was a raw Racing wheel.. So im pretty damn convinced that G27 Should be.

911 Gt3 I Just dont get any thrill out of it...

I Hate the looks of it aswell..

But gotta admit, Clubsport pedals OWN!

(Dont flame at me if you dont agree, its my opinion)
Quote from Jordan2007 :Im more of a logitech guy tbh, To me.. G25 Was a raw Racing wheel.. So im pretty damn convinced that G27 Should be.

911 Gt3 I Just dont get any thrill out of it...

I Hate the looks of it aswell..

But gotta admit, Clubsport pedals OWN!

(Dont flame at me if you dont agree, its my opinion)

I think the opposite. I think it looks totaly awesome, unless the boring black plastic G27/G25.I think raw isn't good, so...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG