The online racing simulator
Cant get skin onto LFS
(17 posts, started )
#1 - Zay
Cant get skin onto LFS
Hello everybody, here is the story:

I put the skins I want in the LFS/Data/Skins folder and they are not showin up in the game. The funny thing is that with one of the older versions of LFS(the one used for I-SCAR, forget proper name),it works and I see the skin in the game. I just spent 2 hours trying to get it into LFS, so I am getting sort of annoyed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
zay
#2 - 5tag
Of course they should be .jpg files. If you put them in the "skins" folder you just need to go to the garage, click on "new paint" or what ever it is called in english and then select the skin file from the list showing up.
... and make sure you use the correct prefix to name it.

i.e FO8_whatever.jpg
UF1_1000R.jpg
#4 - Zay
Yes I know, but it's still not working.
#5 - Zay
Ok so for some reason I have two LFS's, exactly the same, both with patch Z25, and thats NOT including the old I-SCAR version I have. So I got the skin I wanted onto one version of LFS, with patch Z25. But the problem is I have always played the other LFS, with patch Z25, so that means the LFS that I CAN get my skins onto doesnt have all my sets. Is there any way to, like copy paste the sets onto the LFS with the skins?
thanks,
zay
Quote from Zay :Ok so for some reason I have two LFS's, exactly the same, both with patch Z25, and thats NOT including the old I-SCAR version I have. So I got the skin I wanted onto one version of LFS, with patch Z25. But the problem is I have always played the other LFS, with patch Z25, so that means the LFS that I CAN get my skins onto doesnt have all my sets. Is there any way to, like copy paste the skins onto the LFS with the skins?
thanks,
zay

Just copy the skins and setups folders across to the preferred install.
#7 - 5tag
I would rather contact Scawen. If you have two exact LFS installs and they are working differently... that would be very very weird.
#8 - Zay
Quote from beefyman666 :Just copy the skins and setups folders across to the preferred install.

thanks, and where is the setup folder found?
#9 - Zay
Quote from 5tag :I would rather contact Scawen. If you have two exact LFS installs and they are working differently... that would be very very weird.

They arnt really working differently, its just there is no LFS/Data/Skins folder to go along with the LFS that has all my sets. This is, like you said very weird but the folder probably got erased or something
Quote from Zay :thanks, and where is the setup folder found?

Should be data/setups.
#11 - Zay
#12 - Zay
Oh my god, u are not gonna belive this. The setup folder that has all my sets also dissappeared.
Anyone know whats going on?
I think it would probably be best if you deleted both versions of Z25 and start another fresh one. That way all the folders will be there, you'll just lose out on all your setups and skins.

Plenty of places and people to get both setups and skins from.
#14 - Zay
Quote from beefyman666 :I think it would probably be best if you deleted both versions of Z25 and start another fresh one. That way all the folders will be there, you'll just lose out on all your setups and skins.

Plenty of places and people to get both setups and skins from.

Done, sadly, but, done.
I guess ur right there will be other ppl willing to help me out with sets.
#16 - Zay
Thank for the info.

Cant get skin onto LFS
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG