The online racing simulator
Texture problems
(8 posts, started )
Texture problems
Well strangely enough I seem to be having some texture problems with the new version of LFS. Also kicking myself for not backing up my install before upgrading

It seems the car textures and other various bits are very fuzzy in a non technical term. They look terrible and it's not on custom skins etc it's even on the prefab ones. I've reinstalled LFS with a fresh copy and got the same results.

Here is the info on this machine:
Intel Quad Q6600
2gb RAM
Ati 2900XT
Logitech G25
Windows 7 Professional

And I can't think of anything else pertinent. I haven't had any problems with any other games, was working prior to the update. Same hardware I've been running for the last couple years and was on Vista previously and the upgrade is new this week. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't had much time to drive so it's not a huge hurry But when I get some free time again I hope to have this figured out. Oh and I'm running the newest Radeon drivers and DirectX.

Thanks.

Luke

Also I uploaded a screen shot to better explain the appearance.
Attached images
lfs-texissue.jpg
Take a look in your graphics settings and make sure 'Car and helmet skins' is on 'full' and not 'compressed'.

If that doesn't fix it then I don't know. Those skins aren't the best of quality anyway, but they shouldn't be that bad.
Attached images
skin settings.jpg
Sorry should have said that I tried compressed textures and changing res and z buffer and just about everything else I could think of. It's a really odd error, any suggestions though are appreciated because I very well could have missed something but since it appeared with this new update I wonder if it's related but I'm just not sure.

Luke

Gonna try and download Z stock and see if it clears up to eliminate that option.
Is it only that skin which does it, or is it all the default skins that come with a fresh copy?

If a fresh copy doesn't work, theres a link somewhere on the forum to all the default LFS skins in 1024 resolution. I'll try find it, if not I will upload the pack somewhere.

For starters, you can try the XRR_DRIFT skin. Attached the 1024 version.

Edit: If you look on THIS thread, theres a download link for a pack which has hires skies and the hires skins. I thought there was a seperate .rar for just the skins, ah well.
Attached images
XRR_DRIFT.jpg
Well I just tried patch Z fresh install with the same issue. It's not the skins because it happens to the ones that I built for league races in the past and those are hi res. Unfortunately it seems like it must be machine/driver related. I think I'm going to try and reinstall the latest RADEON drivers and see if that fixes anything. It could have been like this after my windows 7 install, I know I tested LFS but since it's just the skins that are weird I may have overlooked that. Either way I do appreciate the suggestions.

Luke
ATI bug. Had happened to danthebangerboy too.
Thanks that did it Strangely enough it read that it was on "high quality" though when I changed it down, then applied and then changed it back up and applied it fixed the problem.

So if someone else out there has fuzzy textures in Windows 7 with an Ati video card you should check the mipmap settings and if they are already on high quality move them down and back up.

Thanks everyone

Luke

(That last paragraph was to make sure if someone was searching the forums for the same things I was, IE fuzzy textures that they would find this thread and post with the solution)
Oh dam, i had this problem too for a while. lfsn00b told the truth.

Texture problems
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG