The online racing simulator
Delet abs
(32 posts, started )
Delet abs
Hello,

Why keep the abs in the game?

Can we ban the abs on the servers?

The abs is aid which is on the open road but has no place in a simulated car.

So please delet the abs

Thank you
rechercher
You can disallow ABS by Insim I think.
Since there are road cars in lfs and almost any road car has got ABS why do you want to take it off?
Race cars don't have ABS as it should be like in the real world.
The abs is on the open road but many people who are on track with road cars want disconnected the abs.

A road car that would only circuit has no abs.
You can disable ABS in the car setup.
Why would Scawen delete ABS which he worked hours on?

All modern road cars do have ABS.
I tested ABS during the test patches campaign and allow myself to make some hypothesis from these tests.

ABS saves your tyres, but does not make you much faster (at least LFS implementation of it). The ability to modulate braking force will make you faster.

However most of us use a travel related brake force, very difficult to modulate, or On/Off brake force, impossible to modulate. The implementation of ABS will help us getting safer beginners (no more T1 lockups) so overall more enjoyable races. The more experienced drivers / realism strivers will not use ABS as it is not faster and boring (but gives consistency).

Scawen has implied not so long ago that we may see setup restrictions. If one of the setup restrictions is related to minimum brake force, and mouse driving / kb driving are still supported, then ABS will become a must.

ABS/TC will eventually become server options in my opinion, similar to reset / forced cockpit view.
I made a similiar time to my PB in 2nd lap. U dont have to care about locking tyres. U have more usefull brakeforce especially at curbs on slow corners. I tryed bl1 xrg. Just pushed full brake started turn nothing locked and my brake stopping distance decrased alot. Because when u turn now to right and use 100% brake force left wheel will brake 100 % and right wheel will brake maybe 30 % because of abs what will unlock it . In normal u could brake with only 30 % brake force if u dont want to lock your wheel

Correction: Bl1 XRG i made 0.2 better sc 1 then my pb and made 0.3 better pb then previous so i improved that much in 5 laps or it is abs
I also have tested and I think that gives an absolute advantage.

Moreover, on XRG, using engine braking, the ABS prevents lock the rear wheels (the abs works but the LED does not light).

The more you increase the braking force and the abs is an advantage.
and now tell me how could andy made 0.5sec improve with xrt so1rev? Abs is really a big advantage at technical tracks!
Ahh!! What you do with SO and the XRT is brake less and straighten the back end out with the wall when you get a little corner exit oversteer

I never come out of a race at South City without some quarter panel damage.

Anyway, back on topic.
ABS is fine for those who want to use it. I do agree that there should be a server option to disable it.
Personally, I always set my brakes so they will lock at any speed if you apply too much pressure.
Quote from L@gger :and now tell me how could andy made 0.5sec improve with xrt so1rev? Abs is really a big advantage at technical tracks!

Andy is fast. That's how. He doesn't have almost 80 WRs for nothing. You can see WRs dropping by up to .4-.8 seconds even this far after the last major patch. Yeah the ABS helped but that's just how it is. The fast drivers are still going to hold the WRs because they're still the fastest drivers.

I don't see why there would be a server option to dis-allow ABS. It's not the same as "cruise" or force cockpit view. None of the other server options (to my knowledge) affect the actual physics or driving, only the way you're allowed to experience it.
braking is the hardest part of racing. There were only few good racers that could brake like they wanted. Now there are much more people because braking is just much easier
Quote from L@gger :braking is the hardest part of racing. There were only few good racers that could brake like they wanted. Now there are much more people because braking is just much easier

In other news, turning in, modulating the throttle, and exiting the corner are just as difficult as they always were.
While braking u need to have braking stability, cant lock tyres, get good apex and more. Its more dificult than other. I think entering the corner is the hardest if someone would make me the best enter i think exit would be really no problem in comparation to very bad enter.
+ if i use control traction with many cars I dont have some special time bonus but with abs i have. Ofcourse not f1 and so...
Quote from L@gger :braking is the hardest part of racing. There were only few good racers that could brake like they wanted. Now there are much more people because braking is just much easier

Which pretty much equals to closer racing. Is that a bad thing?
Quote from geeman1 :Which pretty much equals to closer racing. Is that a bad thing?

Didnt understood what u mean now
Quote from L@gger :Didnt understood what u mean now

Braking is easier means that less people fail at it which means that racing is closer.

I don't really see why more people being able to brake properly is such a bad thing.
Because skilled people now wont be that in front like before. For others it will be easier to fix on some brake point and have good enter like before. I dont really think that ppl who totally rammed u in t1 will now brake good they are total nubs so it doesnt help this way... If is someone braking 20 metres after the brake point abs doesnt help
But why is that a bad thing?
For example demo users will race this style. Then they will get s2 and ramm people and flat their tyres...
You stretching quite far now. People who would do that would probably ram people anyway. Also in demo only XRG has ABS. The two more popular cars (FBM and XFG don't have it)
Quote from L@gger :Because skilled people now wont be that in front like before.

This is not true. The good drivers are still good drivers. Being able to have a bit more brake stability is not going to all of a sudden make the midpack and back markers BETTER than the front runners. At best it'll put them a little closer. For two drivers of equal skill, if one uses ABS and one does than yes it will change things, but it's not the drastic change that you're making it out to be.

Quote from L@gger :For example demo users will race this style. Then they will get s2 and ramm people and flat their tyres...

This is also not true, and hardly a point worth bringing up. In some of the less powerful cars you can already brake full force for most of the braking zone, ABS isn't going to change all that much when your car isn't going that fast anyway (as is the case with the demo cars).

You're worried over nothing, the fastest drivers will stay at the front by virtue of their skill. Most of them will switch to using ABS because hey, it's there, why not use it? The cars that have ABS should realistically have it, the cars that shouldn't (GTRs) don't. I don't see what anyone who is striving for realism in this simulator could find wrong with ABS.
Quote from L@gger :Because skilled people now wont be that in front like before. For others it will be easier to fix on some brake point and have good enter like before. I dont really think that ppl who totally rammed u in t1 will now brake good they are total nubs so it doesnt help this way... If is someone braking 20 metres after the brake point abs doesnt help

Important thing is, that ABS is not in every car, just in TBO, FZ5 and XRG. So skilled people can still enjoy races in formula cars and GTRs
Didnt known that xfg doesnt have abs. But then Xfg is losing now and thats not fair for others... abs makes people faster alot. I think it isnt totaly true that roadcars on tracks have abs if u want realistism (im not sure that old cars have that good abs)

Delet abs
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG