The online racing simulator
I played wow for over 5 years. I was in a Server-first boss kill kinda guild the entire time. I had the best equip there was, period. Enemies mounted up and ran whenever I showed up to fight. I was TEH BOMB.
I was (and still am) also married with 1 kid. My second kid was literally MADE during a raid. (Yes, I was tanking a boss while having sex - and yes, we did kill the boss).

Shock.
Horror.

Stereotype moar?
Quote from Stigpt :My second kid was literally MADE during a raid. (Yes, I was tanking a boss while having sex - and yes, we did kill the boss).

Shock.
Horror.

Stereotype moar?

W T F!

Anyway, any good loot?
WoW is for freaks it's obvious, I wouldn't want to play a game where the majority of the community are #1 dumb enough to buy a game and expansions and then pay per month aswell and #2 into cosplay and all that shit
Quote from BlueFlame :<insert game name> is for freaks it's obvious, I wouldn't want to play a game where the majority of the community are dumb enough to buy a game and expansions and then pay per month aswell

Sounds like iRacing
Quote from BlueFlame :WoW is for freaks it's obvious, I wouldn't want to play a game where the majority of the community are #1 dumb enough to buy a game and expansions and then pay per month aswell and #2 into cosplay and all that shit

Funny you say that, because I am willing to state around 10% at best of the playerbase are actual roleplayers who care about lore etc.
Quote from J@tko :Sounds like iRacing

yea, that's why I won't get that either, how ever good it is.
Quote from DevilDare :Funny you say that, because I am willing to state around 10% at best of the playerbase are actual roleplayers who care about lore etc.

WoW is full of Trekkies and Doctor Who junkies, sci fi fantasisers and kids who dedicate all their hours on ONE game. If only these people put that effort into their OWN 'char' maybe the world would be a better place.
And where is your proof good sir?
Quote from DevilDare :And where is your proof good sir?

There is no 'proof' but anyone I know that has played it has become a brain dead recluse of some sort. Dying to 'lvl up' and loot the next instance or w/e you do on that P.O.S.

For me, games like this don't bear any relation to reality, so they can't be enjoyed. To enjoy something it has to be real. Playing a game about magical gypsies and people casting magic with a piece of wood isn't the same as using your body to input your kinetic energy into another machine (i.e) a car. Because you do exactly the same thing in reality. Input your kinetic power into a machine.

You can't learn anything about the world with a fantasy game, because non of it is based on true laws of physics or history. With a racing game you learn about physics, maths and alot of facts about engine displacement and weight distribution. Also with a fantasy based game, there is no limit to what can happen because it's not based on reality, so if you aren't able to use your own imagine to control the linearity of the game whats the point? If you can't use your own imagination to create the fiction it's a bit pointless.

Effectively, you're in a story that is of someone ELSES imagination. If it's based on reality, everyone perceives it the same way because everyone (in theory) knows what reality is. Ask anyone who hasn't played WoW if they think it turns the majority that play it into a recluse of some sort and then you will get your proof, why not ask your mother? I'm sure she has called you from your computer many times to eat some food whilst you tap rappidly at your keys trying to kill an fable creature..
And how many of these people you know?

5? 10? 20? 50? 100?

Didnt know you can summarize a database of around 10million active players by just knowing a few of them...
Thats a wrong argument, blueflame.
And here's my usual counter argument:

I bought Bioshock. Around 60€. Hours played? 16h.

Wow: 60€. + 120€ / year.
In the first year, I had played 900h of that game. (thats 2 and a half hours on average per day - and thats not much. When I was raiding during year 2-5 it was easily twice that).

Bioshock:
60€ / 16h of fun: 3.75€ per hour.
Wow:
180€ / 900h of fun: 0.2€ per hour.
Methinks WoW is CHEAPER. And believe me, MORE fun. PLUS, with wow, since you will spend nearly all your computer-gaming time on it, you buy no other games, saving you even more moneh.

Remeber, MMORGs (and iRacing, too) supply a SERVICE. The game is ALWAYS getting bigger, so you have new stuff to do constantly. If there is no new stuff, people stop playing, as they "finish"(in a MMORG - do everything there is to do) the game. Trick is to never let the players finish - keep making new stuff. THAT is the service you pay 10€/month for.
sorry for OT but i tried wow once and for me it was complete turnoff + i have barely time to spend on some computer game (with few exeptions sometimes), tbh there is a lot more in the world to spend most of your free time behind the pc (as far as i know people who play wow), but yeah it's up to a lifestyle ofc.

On topic: i would love to se more funny pictures (or posts more like stigpt made on last page )
I understand that I don't speak for everyone who doesn't like fantasy based games, and it's obvious that I don't know 10million people let alone 10million people that play WoW. If you take 20 people ask them the same question and they answer it with the same answer you can garentee that the next 20 people will say the same thing too. Generalizing isn't stupidity it's common sense in some cases. Alot of my gaming friends turned to WoW and I never saw them on the original game I played with them on after that. Same with some social friends. They started playing and never really left the house or socialized. So I do hold a bitterness to it.

Stig what you say about Bioshock makes sense, but you could of just bought neither game, and you'd have not spent any money at all. Bioshock you have it for life, you can return to it after 50years if you wanted to, but WoW you need to continue to activate the subscription if you wanted to play it once every month. However you put it WoW is NOT value for money. Playing it 24/7 won't justify it. WoW doesn't have a 'story' line per-se, neither do racing games, thats why the communities of these games last forever because you can never 'complete' the game. With Bioshock, once you have finnished the story you won't want to pick it up again, but then soon you will uninstall, and find a desire to play it again some day. At least then you don't have to pay another 20£ or so to play it, after you already bought the damn CD.

Can't WoW players see that they are getting absolutely robbed? I don't understand what rational person would pay for a game that they can't play on until they pay more money to the people that made the game.

Most pay2play games you download the software for free. You don't haul your ass to the shops and pay £50 for the game, only to be told you need to pay more money to play it. I just don't understand how so much money can be given to a company that are basically, mocking the human race with those kind of subscription requirments. Just like iRacing I may add.

PS. Didn't mean to put a negative mood on the funnies thread. But I just wanted to say my rip. That's all.
Quote from BlueFlame :There is no 'proof' but anyone I know that has played it has become a brain dead recluse of some sort. Dying to 'lvl up' and loot the next instance or w/e you do on that P.O.S.

For me, games like this don't bear any relation to reality, so they can't be enjoyed. To enjoy something it has to be real. Playing a game about magical gypsies and people casting magic with a piece of wood isn't the same as using your body to input your kinetic energy into another machine (i.e) a car. Because you do exactly the same thing in reality. Input your kinetic power into a machine.

You can't learn anything about the world with a fantasy game, because non of it is based on true laws of physics or history. With a racing game you learn about physics, maths and alot of facts about engine displacement and weight distribution. Also with a fantasy based game, there is no limit to what can happen because it's not based on reality, so if you aren't able to use your own imagine to control the linearity of the game whats the point? If you can't use your own imagination to create the fiction it's a bit pointless.

Effectively, you're in a story that is of someone ELSES imagination. If it's based on reality, everyone perceives it the same way because everyone (in theory) knows what reality is. Ask anyone who hasn't played WoW if they think it turns the majority that play it into a recluse of some sort and then you will get your proof, why not ask your mother? I'm sure she has called you from your computer many times to eat some food whilst you tap rappidly at your keys trying to kill an fable creature..

Great post!

To summarize, anyone who likes/enjoys fantasy/sci-fi is a complete brain dead moron.

Have a medal.
Quote from DevilDare :Great post!

To summarize, anyone who believes in fantasy/sci-fi is a complete brain dead moron.

Have a medal.

Watching a movie takes 2-3 hours, and you can socialize whilst doing it, playing WoW each person is staring at a screen. And using more hours than just 2 or 3. So no, not anyone who likes fantasy or sci-fi is a brain dead moron. Also I'd like to point out to you that, I don't think anyone 'believes' in fantasy or sci-fi. Unless, there's something you want to confess?
Yes nice one Mr. I made a mistake... If you notice, I corrected it the same minute, hence no "This post was edited..." message. But because you are so "cool" you retype the mistake in...

Back to your post. Uhm, dont know if you knew this, but you can socialize in MMO's as well! I know right?! Amazing feature.

Also, like it has been said many times before, you dont need to spend 8h a day on it. And people who do these days are a very small minority. Its just like any other game. You log in and couple hours later exit as the raids dont take longer than that.

Its time people drop the old stereotype that WoW has been known by. Its a great game and can be very enjoyable. Just because you dont like the genre doesnt mean that its shit...

Forget the days when it really did require you to spend all day on it to become even half good at it or to progress anywhere. If anything, WoW these days is way too casual because people love to whine and "QQ" when they dont get something. "But I pay my montly subscription and should be able to have all the good stuff too without bothering to learn the game mechanics" MEH!!!!" Trust me, its a lot worse than here. A lot.
Quote from BlueFlame :You can't learn anything about the world with a fantasy game, because non of it is based on true laws of physics or history. With a racing game you learn about physics, maths and alot of facts about engine displacement and weight distribution. Also with a fantasy based game, there is no limit to what can happen because it's not based on reality, so if you aren't able to use your own imagine to control the linearity of the game whats the point? If you can't use your own imagination to create the fiction it's a bit pointless.

That's why it's called a "game". You play it for fun. Enjoyment. Entertainment. There doesn't need to be a "point" and it doesn't need to teach you anything about real life.
street fighter anyone
Can't fuc*in believe you turned this into WoW thread..
mmo games learningcurve
I have played Eve Online since 2007
and I still find this picture funny.
Attached images
evelearningcurve.jpg
Brilliant!

So true as well.

This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG