The online racing simulator
Offset options for Steering Wheel
As you see in picture, some areas of Dashboard is not visible. Steering Wheel offset sliding bar as like as mirror offset should be a solution for altering this. While trying to see dashboard according to other options, the total view is affected entirely.
Attached images
Dashboard.jpg
Quote from ADX.14 :As you see in picture, some areas of Dashboard is not visible. Steering Wheel offset sliding bar as like as mirror offset should be a solution for altering this. While trying to see dashboard according to other options, the total view is affected entirely.

+1 - I find in some cars i can't see the dials.
You don't need a setting for the wheel offset. There is only one place you would want it, which is out of the way of the dials. I can't see why someone would want it in front of the dials. You don't need to adjust the wheel position for physical reasons like in real life either. The dashboard could maybe be re-designed so that the wheel wouldn't block the dials.

As for moving the mirror upwards: If you set the mirror offsets to 0, the mirror is where it would be in real life. It looks like it's too low, but if you look at it from the outside and/or measure where it is in your real car, it's in the correct position. Moving it up would actually make it go through the windshield.
Quote from geeman1 :You don't need a setting for the wheel offset. There is only one place you would want it, which is out of the way of the dials. I can't see why someone would want it in front of the dials. You don't need to adjust the wheel position for physical reasons like in real life either. The dashboard could maybe be re-designed so that the wheel wouldn't block the dials.

As for moving the mirror upwards: If you set the mirror offsets to 0, the mirror is where it would be in real life. It looks like it's too low, but if you look at it from the outside and/or measure where it is in your real car, it's in the correct position. Moving it up would actually make it go through the windshield.

Thanks geeman1 for comments. ATM, the main point is time consuming. I think, redesigning dashboard takes much more time than offsetting steering wheel. We already have an active mirror offset pattern.

BTW offsetting mirror (or steering wheel suggestion) doesn't change the actual looks. You can observe this in Shift+U mode or TV Cam. The arrows in first picture attached (in my first post) are just related to directions. I'm also adding two ones. Arrows in the last one is an indicator for measuring. So, you will see what I'm saying.
Attached images
lfs_00000034.jpg
lfs_00000035-1.jpg
Yeah. The view settings don't change how the car looks from the outside. I just used to illustrate that the mirror is in the correct position. It's just that there is no visibility reason to move the mirror higher. There are adjustments to move it lower and more to the left because someone might be using a low FOV which would make the mirror not be visible, hence you can move it to the visible area. No one is using a view that would require the mirror to be moved higher for it to be visible.

It's also seems to be your custom views fault that the dials are behind the wheel that badly. In the default in car view the dials are almost fully visible (the wheel is only slightly in the way in some cars). So instead of requesting wheel offset settings, you should change your own view settings.
Quote from geeman1 : It's also seems to be your custom views fault that the dials are behind the wheel that badly. In the default in car view the dials are almost fully visible (the wheel is only slightly in the way in some cars). So instead of requesting wheel offset settings, you should change your own view settings.

You are right, the default settings doesn't block dashboard. But in the name of seeing dashboard completely, I must sacrify almost half of the FOV.
Quote from ADX.14 :You are right, the default settings doesn't block dashboard. But in the name of seeing dashboard completely, I must sacrify almost half of the FOV.

What do you mean? You can increase the FOV in the default in car view too, and by doing that the dials don't become blocked.
Quote from geeman1 :What do you mean? You can increase the FOV in the default in car view too, and by doing that the dials don't become blocked.

No, on the contrary I don't select default car view. Instead of this, I prefer steer look function with body draw. That's why dashboard is blocked.

Additionally, every change causes this issue. That's the starting point.
Anyway. It's your choice that you moved your view so that you can't fully see the dials. You can either move it so that you see them or you could disable the wheel or you could use virtual dials.

The bottom line is that you are one of the few people who would need this feature. And since that is only because you put the view in such a way in the first place, it seems to me that this feature is really not needed. Also even if there would be adjustment some one would probably think of a view where it still would block the dials or wheel could move to a unrealistic positions.

Also what I just noticed is that the driver would need to also be adjusted if you moved the wheel. The arms would need to be in a angle or the seat would have to move too.
+1
for the most insightful thought and discussion of improvement in a very long time!

so very true this:
Quote :Also what I just noticed is that the driver would need to also be adjusted if you moved the wheel. The arms would need to be in a angle or the seat would have to move too. Yesterday 16:10

I recall having those probs in mrt and other small ones, AFAIR. Will kep an eye on it.
And I usually do not enjoy to switch to unrealistic "on-screen" dials, as well
Quote from DrBen :for the most insightful thought and discussion of improvement in a very long time!

Thank you DrBen for kind words.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG