The online racing simulator
Wheel Rotation
(15 posts, started )
#1 - Dcon
Wheel Rotation
Hey all,
I have a logitech wingman racing force pro with only 180 degrees of turn. I was wondering what degrees in game should I use for cars such as the formula and street "RWD" cars. Should I leave it at 180 since my wheel can only go 180? I often feel restricted if I only use 180 degrees of turn.

Thanks in advance!

(I got my full license yesterday!!!)
welcome to lfs. after doing the steps below you should watch the vid in my sig

1.)Download wingman Profiler http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_so..._soft_main.htm

2.)install profiler and callibrate wheel

3.) create a new profile for LFS. go to edit/ specific game settings/
check "use special force feedback settings"

overall effect strength = 100%
spring effect strength = 0%
damper effect strength = 0%

check "enable centering spring" but set it to 0%

check "use special steering wheel settings" and uncheck "report combined pedals"
-------------------------------------------------------
i use 95% force feedback ingame. you may like more or less.
for drifting i have it set to 620 in the profile and 540 ingame.

with GTR class cars i have steering lock set to 540 both ingame and in profiler.

450 for formula cars ingame and in profiler
#3 - Dcon
Hey, thanks a lot Gabkicks!
ur welcome
#5 - Dcon
my wheel has a lock at 180 degrees so if I turn a little in real life it turns a lot in game
press select+ R3+ right paddle
#7 - Dcon
Select, R3? I'm not sure what all this means, also Gab we were just in the same server.. I didn't notice to say Hi! and thanks!
yeah lol once you get the game set up you'll enjoy it alot
press the slect and r3 buttons under the gt (or logitech) logo at the same time as you press the right paddle and hold it untill you hear a click.
Gabkicks, I think you misunderstood... he said he has Wingman Force not DFP.

270 degrees in LFS is the default, I think you should use that... Or lower it a bit if it feels bad.
lol i saw him type wingman force pro so i assumed he meant driving force pro :insane:
Quote from Dcon :my wheel has a lock at 180 degrees so if I turn a little in real life it turns a lot in game

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it. I'd suggest setting the "wheel turn compensation" to "1.0" in the LFS options, that makes the wheel less sensitive to movement around the center (which gives you more control over small direction changes).
#12 - Dcon
Maybe I should return this and just get a DFP!
Quote from Dcon :Maybe I should return this and just get a DFP!

that would be the best decision
#14 - beep
Quote from Dcon :Maybe I should return this and just get a DFP!

It is going to be the best decision you will ever make
+1 buy a DFP! woot!

Wheel Rotation
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG