The online racing simulator
5th Gear Axed!
(56 posts, started )
Quote from Shotglass :it was also relatively shite

And yes, Alan, I would happily be taxed to fund the British Grand Prix. And I'd then buy tickets!
Car show for having fun even if you don't like cars: Top Gear
Serious car show in which you can actually can see how a car performs: Best Motoring
Something in the middle: 5th Gear

So we need all of them
only good thing about Fifth Gear were the crash tests, never even came close to matching Top Gear for it's entertainment value
Quote from sinbad :I tell you what, if Tiff made a "Best Motoring" type show for a UK audience, people would watch it. Or at least I would.

Yes please. They have race car drivers, they should be racing cars. For real. With numbers. Filmed like an actual race. None of this dramatized post-production processed to crap scripted "racing" that we have now.
Fifth Gear is like old format topgear. It even had half the old presenter.

I used to enjoy it a fair bit.
Quote from Mattesa :Yes please. They have race car drivers, they should be racing cars. For real. With numbers. Filmed like an actual race. None of this dramatized post-production processed to crap scripted "racing" that we have now.

My dad works as a race marshal, and 5th Gear have been there a few times to film.

When you see Tiff or Vicky do a lap, that's actually an entire day's filming edited together. Each corner is filmed a good 50 times and they pick the best ones for the show, which completely removes any validity when they do that thing of superimposing two cars' laps together.

Vicky's *really* dirty laugh is, I'm told, genuine. They were taking in turns to try and get her to do it.

5th Gear Axed!
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG