The online racing simulator
Any way to disable buttons on the monitor?
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if any of you smart tech people knew of any way to dissable the buttons on the monitor. One of them is going crazy and it keeps displaying a ''Auto Adjust in progress'' message in the middle of my screen and goes a bit darker and then brighter and adjusts constantly. I know its one of the buttons that is broken because if I press on the little ''-'' button on the monitor it stops doing it for a bit.

Hope you understand what I mean...
#2 - CSU1
Mine is doing this since I got it, strangely enough It seems to be autobrightness and the screen auto callibration I have put down to that window bug in Z18 iirc???
Buy new monitors. Problem solved.
Smash it with a hammer.

Then buy a new monitor.
Take the monitor apart and disconnect or remove the button?
Sorry if I am wrong, but we have some monitors at work that do this until you tell it to save the auto adjusted settings. (Confirm OK [1]) comes up after the adjustment completes. We have to hit the [1] button to finish the process.

Otherwise, as Bob said, take the back plate off and disconnect the wires to the button. However you may want to click it at some point, so you might want to keep the ends accessible so you can short them out when needed without having to open the monitor case each time.

Consult someone with electronic knowledge before opening up the monitor. At least make sure it's not plugged in at least when you open it up.
Thanks for the help, I guess I'll just physicly disconnect the buttons if its the only way. Oddly though it just stopped doing it now, didn't do it for something like 2 days... And theres no confirm button Jason btw, it just does the message, auto adjusts and stays then does it again and again.

Anyways, if it starts again I'll just open it up and disconnect the wires.

Thanks!
No confirm? oh ok. Just thought it was worth mentioning in case you overlooked that.

Sounds like the button is getting stuck. Mash it a bit maybe?
Quote from JasonJ :No confirm? oh ok. Just thought it was worth mentioning in case you overlooked that.

Sounds like the button is getting stuck. Mash it a bit maybe?

Tried mashing it, trust me. :P
But it seems to have stopped now oddly enough. Just needed to ask for help for it to stop it seems -_-. But yeah if it starts again I'll just completely disconnect the buttons.

Thanks for the help!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG