The online racing simulator
Adding Mucis To LFS Server
(9 posts, started )
Can this be done?
Is it possible to add music to an lfs server?
I have a dedi server and was wondering if its possible to add music to my server so all players connected to server can hear music?

Thanks, Under
why wouldn't it?
#3 - amp88
It's not currently possible in LFS. It would technically be possible to do it, but why would Scawen want to? LFS is a racing simulator, not a shoutcast server. There are also copyright issues here (are you allowed to broadcast the music to people) plus I'm guessing a lot of people wouldn't want to hear your music.
Obviously it can't be done with LFS itself, but there's nothing to stop you making your own radio server, with Winamp and Shoutcast for example, and then announcing the radio's address at the connection screen of your LFS server. That way people who actually want to listen to your music, are given the address automatically, and can connect by themselves if they want to, using the player of their choice...
making client-based music is possible, but it has the side effect of spamming the screen with the ogg header.

server-to-client, on the other hand, no.
Quote from UnderLine :Can this be done?
Is it possible to add music to an lfs server?
I have a dedi server and was wondering if its possible to add music to my server so all players connected to server can hear music?

Thanks, Under

if you want music while playing launch your winnamp or what ever you use to listen music
ok thanks, was just an idea
Quote from bunder9999 :making client-based music is possible, but it has the side effect of spamming the screen with the ogg header.

Use proper encoder then.
-
(Zipppy) DELETED by Zipppy

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG