The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
Would You Buy From This Company? "One Stop PC Shop"
I'm looking at buying something from "One Stop PC Shop" - http://www.onestoppcshop.co.uk/

I've never heard of them before, and while they are cheaper for *some* items it's not by a massive amount or on all products (i.e. not too good to be true).

They take Google checkout, and have a phone number listed, 0845 619 1000, which SayNoTo0870 has listed as 028 7126 4490, I tried calling but they say the are open 9-6 weekdays and it's 6:30 so them not picking up makes sense.

There is also an email address, but no address listed.

They also have an Irish version, http://onestoppcshop.ie/main.asp?sitepages=ContactPage - this does have an address listed, which, according to Google Maps is the road between an Industrial Estate and a Resedentail Area (couldn't find the road so not entirely sure).

Would you buy from this company?

Note, i'm not trying to advertise them, just wondering if they are real...

Whois says:

Domain name:
onestoppcshop.co.uk

Registrant:
Com Cubed

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
1 Collon Terrace
Londonderry
County Londonderry
BT48 7QP
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Namesco Limited t/a Namesco Ltd [Tag = NAMESCO]
URL: http://www.names.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 19-Jun-2007
Renewal date: 19-Jun-2011
Last updated: 03-Aug-2009

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns0.phase8.net
ns1.phase8.net
ns2.phase8.net

Which means it's registered to the Irish address, the .ie website comes back as:

domain: onestoppcshop.ie
descr: Com Cubed Ltd
descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
descr: Discretionary Name
admin-c: AIP468-IEDR
tech-c: HH36-IEDR
renewal: 05-January-2010
nserver: ns0.phase8.net
nserver: ns1.phase8.net
nserver: ns2.phase8.net
source: IEDR

person: Shane McCourt
nic-hdl: AIP468-IEDR

person: Hosting 365 Hostmaster
nic-hdl: HH36-IEDR

Opinions please?
#2 - 5haz
If in doubt, avoid if possible?
#3 - Jakg
I am in doubt, but I'd rather save £20 compared to eBuyer...
Never heard
It's too bad resellerratings doesn't apply to the UK.
#6 - Krane
Quote from Jakg :Opinions please?

Quote :There is quite often a DeLorean parked on Smith Street in Chapeltown. It belongs to the guy who owns One Stop PC Shop.

They have my blind trust, if that matters!

Hmm.... also that crazyass gay Wacko Jacko impersonator had a DeLorean

Seriously; http://www.google.com/search?h ... sults&ved=0CBQQrQIwAQ Doesn't say a bad word
#8 - Krane
if they have an adress and such, you could try it.

btw, can't you just pay on delivery?
#10 - 5haz
Quote from Jakg :I am in doubt, but I'd rather save £20 compared to eBuyer...

An extra £20 may end up being a hell of a lot less than the price you end up paying.
I honestly don't see any reason not to trust them Or did I miss something here? Everything looks legit to me so... what's the problem?
#12 - CSU1
#13 - Jakg
Quote from BlakjeKaas :btw, can't you just pay on delivery?

No - this only seems offered "on the continent" by UPS and even then it costs around ~€20 more (at least, thats what AMD wanted to charge me for it).
What exactly is it that you're trying to buy??
#15 - Jakg
Does it have to be that exact case? This one is from the same manufacturer and is identical barring 1 internal 3.5" bay less, doesn't have dual PSU support and is physically smaller. On the flip side it has a larger rear fan, (14cm over 12cm) and it's cheaper.

http://www.dabs.com/products/c ... B2.html?q=Cooler%20Master
#17 - Jakg
The HAF isn't as... understated and it's also a bit noisier.

The ACTS is it's higher quality brother and the case I now have my heart set on...
Quote from Jakg :The HAF isn't as... understated and it's also a bit noisier.

The ACTS is it's higher quality brother and the case I now have my heart set on...

Fair enough. But the question is. Do you really need it?? Unless you intend to do some serious, (and I mean serious), overclocking I don't really see the need for a case with all those fans, special cooling of HDD enclosures etc Plus, all the bays are a waste unless you're looking to run a server OS on it and set up a RAID array.

It's your money, but personally I'd be buying a mini-tower with one chasis fan, and a tunnel/side vent for the CPU and put the extra money in to a graphics card uprade, more memory, more disc space or something.
#19 - Jakg
Quote from gezmoor :Fair enough. But the question is. Do you really need it?? Unless you intend to do some serious, (and I mean serious), overclocking I don't really see the need for a case with all those fans, special cooling of HDD enclosures etc Plus, all the bays are a waste unless you're looking to run a server OS on it and set up a RAID array.

It's your money, but personally I'd be buying a mini-tower with one chasis fan, and a tunnel/side vent for the CPU and put the extra money in to a graphics card uprade, more memory, more disc space or something.

Without being unduly harsh - it's my money.

I know it's a lot of money on a case, but i've had my current one 5 years - I plan on keeping my new one just as long.

I want something BIG because I like to have lots of space to work with, esp with stuff getting bigger and bigger. Fan wise I want quiet more than anything - big fans can run slowly being quiet and still shifting a lot of air.

I built a PC for someone recently, (you know who you are) and I put a LOT of effort into things like cable management. When I compared what i'd build for them, compared to my own PC's I just realised I wanted to be able to do something like that and put the work in. My current case is waaaaay to cramped and even though I used an Antec 900 for the build I made, that one was new so had the HDD bays etc, whereas my one was second hand and was missing it all.

It's taken me a long time to chose a case i'm happy with, and this is double what I wanted to spend but it's everything I need - no, I don't need 6 drive bays and 5 optical bays - but they had to fill up the front space with something I suppose.

I refuse to buy any more hardware for my PC 'till something REALLY impresses me, i7 is good... but it does nothing revolutionary - the only real thing to impress me atm is 12-cores, but it will be YEARS before they are at a price I am comfortable paying.
For what it's worth, if you have any qualms about a dealer then don't use them. Go to someone you trust and sleep nights. £20? It's a few beers.
Quote from Jakg :Without being unduly harsh - it's my money.

I know it's a lot of money on a case, but i've had my current one 5 years - I plan on keeping my new one just as long.

I want something BIG because I like to have lots of space to work with, esp with stuff getting bigger and bigger. Fan wise I want quiet more than anything - big fans can run slowly being quiet and still shifting a lot of air.

I built a PC for someone recently, (you know who you are) and I put a LOT of effort into things like cable management. When I compared what i'd build for them, compared to my own PC's I just realised I wanted to be able to do something like that and put the work in. My current case is waaaaay to cramped and even though I used an Antec 900 for the build I made, that one was new so had the HDD bays etc, whereas my one was second hand and was missing it all.

It's taken me a long time to chose a case i'm happy with, and this is double what I wanted to spend but it's everything I need - no, I don't need 6 drive bays and 5 optical bays - but they had to fill up the front space with something I suppose.

I refuse to buy any more hardware for my PC 'till something REALLY impresses me, i7 is good... but it does nothing revolutionary - the only real thing to impress me atm is 12-cores, but it will be YEARS before they are at a price I am comfortable paying.

I wasn't meaning to be critical. You clearly have thought it all through. I was just putting forward food for thought.
#22 - Jakg
Just an update, ordered it from them on Tuesday last week, they took the money on Thursday when it was dispatched and still nothing - I called today at 10 and now after several calls I've got an answer - Business Post lost it.

They said they've got one left and they are sending it out next day delivery but we'll see...
I bought my first PC from the dodgiest place I've ever seen. Was in Glasgow, right out on the very edge under railway arches. Cant' remember the name now, had the word "silicon" in there somewhere. They gave me a 1-day guarantee - on Xmas Eve. And then we had to walk all the way across Glasgow carrying a CRT monitor and a full tower. On public transport. Awesome.
Worked a treat though, after we installed an OS
Name says it all....
#25 - Jakg
RAWR

Turned up today, Scan have it on their "today only" page for £5 more than I paid. And I get free next day delivery, too.

Oh well - it's here. Won't have time to play 'till next week though

Would You Buy From This Company? "One Stop PC Shop"
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG