The online racing simulator
LFS and CrossOver slow? (Came from FreeBSD/Wine)
I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.1, hackint0sh. It's performance is great, I had win xp tested right before pop'ing a new drive, 93FPS no matter how much AA/AF, etc.

9600GT 1024MB GDDR3 card :-)

I had a 8500GT 512MB, super slow card that was broken (overheated), I used windows 7 and FreeBSD 7.2 (WhciH I could run at 1440x900 and some AA and decent FPS)

Now I'm using 1660x1050, I get like 23FPS, quality is shittier on crossover, not sure which wine ver exactly ( I think 1.19?/1.1.19?) of wine it's based on, anyone else?

AF doesn't really change FPS, esp when theres people online it slows more it's like wtf, this systems a core 2 quad... last was a X2 4800 AMD.

Oh and other 3D video games arnt slow thanks for any help, I want to have this fixed so I can enjoy the new stuff soon without dual booting
Theres no X11 package for Snow Leopard yet it appears, 2.4.1 will be for SL.

uhm I'm trying that wine, one thing I noticed after updating to Z20 from Z18 is tons of artifacting (Whole desktop artifacts violently) so it might be my gfx card is overheating.
It's probable, especially as Snow Leopard has introduced that to me on my Macbook Pro on occasion. I still doubt your choice to run a Hackintosh as it'd be much better in FreeBSD/Wine or Linux/Wine or even Windows. Even as a Mac enthusiast, I still think of Crossover as being a gimmick of "HEY LOOK, WE CAN SO WE DID!" when WINE runs better on other platforms.

Not saying you can't do it, but expect some pain. Additionally, if you can find a Tiger X11 package (from an Intel Tiger retail DVD), WINE will run smooth as glass with it. Apple ****ed up XDarwin in 10.5, and it's only from 10.5.7 that it has started to recover (GLX support fixed). Soon a 10.6 version will come and make WINE a preferred choice over Crossover especially as they're having fun with Apple's decision to strip some of the X11 libraries out of a default install (XQuartz and such).
#5 - Crady
I just made LFS working via CrossOver. But my G25 only has a few degree to stear

Is there any workaround to get the profiler working on crossover too together with LFS?
There's a hack that sends the magic packet to the G25 to enable 900* and Clutch and such.

I'm on a shaky connection (Mobile phone on a ferry), but go search something to do with G25 and VDrift and OSX. Those 3 keywords should point you in the right direction and a source file to compile. Then you just need the Developer tools installed (Freely available on Apple site) to compile it with GCC.

Also, in reply again to the original poster... Crossover guys are getting closer to having a new version released that fully supports Snow Leopard.

Edit: I lied, it's a bit more involved.. involves installing libUSB and libusb-dev, and then compiling one of the 2 linux utilites. Once I get home later, I'll give it a shot and repost in this thread with some updates. However you can give looking at VDrift forums as they're about the only OSX compatible racing sim where a Momo with 270* isn't sufficient.
Bumpity bump.

Interesting thread here. I am running Crossover Games 8.0 on a Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Leopard 10.5.8) with 4 GB RAM and 2 graphic cards (NVIDIA 9400M & NVIDIA 9600M GT), got a LFS S2 licence, and a self-built racing rig with a Logitech DFP.

Almost everything works, and I'm a big fan of the physics. Great stuff.

What could be better is:
• Force Feedback. It doesn't work at all. (got Logitech WingMan installed but can't open it)
• FPS. It's playable, but seems a bit too low for my specs. After fiddling around with the graphics settings I realize that I can't get higher than 50 FPS and it drops to low thirties if I am at the end of a starting grid on an online server.

Have turned off details in my (single) rearview mirror and sacrificed shadows to make the FPS bearable at least.
Useful hints anyone? Any CrossOver Games Mac Users here in the Forum?
Quote from Mr. Apex :Bumpity bump.

Interesting thread here. I am running Crossover Games 8.0 on a Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM and 2 graphic cards (NVIDIA 9400M & NVIDIA 9600M GT), got a LFS S2 licence, and a self-built racing rig with a Logitech DFP.

Almost everything works, and I'm a big fan of the physics. Great stuff.

What could be better is:
• Force Feedback. It doesn't work at all. (got Logitech WingMan installed but can't open it)
• FPS. It's playable, but seems a bit too low for my specs. After fiddling around with the graphics settings I realize that I can't get higher than 50 FPS and it drops to low thirties if I am at the end of a starting grid on an online server.

Have turned off details in my (single) rearview mirror and sacrificed shadows to make the FPS bearable at least.
Useful hints anyone? Any CrossOver Games Mac Users here in the Forum?

For LFS you need stronger CPU. And LFS uses only one core, so upgrading CPU is your only choise.
Thanks for the ultra-quick reply.

After studying the unofficial benchmark performance list http://lfsbench.iron.eu.org/?c ... &sort=0&sortinv=1 I still am suspicious that my hardware could do at least a bit better (I mean, the benchmark is run with FRAPS which surely slows down the FPS a bit more).

I mean, I see a 2.25 GHz processor on Vista there with my graphic card on MIN graphic settings that has a minimum of 73 FPS and tops out at 125 FPS.

27 Töki 0.5Z RPL2 C2D P8400 @2.26G 4096 Vista SP1 GF 9600 GT (512) - - 98.492 73 125

Again: Any CrossOver Mac 8.0 users here on the board?
Oh, and by the way: Is dual processor support expected for S3? (with multi-processors becoming quite normal nowadays…)
I'm not really a Mac guy, but there are few things you have to realize. First, the LFS benchmark is not applicable in your case as LFS (or any other app) will run much slower through emulators and foreign API layers such as Crossover. 2.4 GHz C2D CPU would be fine in you ran LFS on Windows, but I remember seeing my Athlon 3000+ struggle a lot when I tried to run LFS through Wine under Linux.

Anyway, you might be much better off with plain Wine, not it's derivatives like Crossover. I linked a guide describing how to build Wine under MacOS X. It's not exactly an user friendly, but it shouldn't require any hacking skills also.

http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX

As for the multicore support, no, it doesn't seem that anything like this is planned for the upcoming S3 release.
Quote from MadCatX :I'm not really a Mac guy, but there are few things you have to realize. First, the LFS benchmark is not applicable in your case as LFS (or any other app) will run much slower through emulators and foreign API layers such as Crossover. 2.4 GHz C2D CPU would be fine in you ran LFS on Windows, but I remember seeing my Athlon 3000+ struggle a lot when I tried to run LFS through Wine under Linux.

Anyway, you might be much better off with plain Wine, not it's derivatives like Crossover. I linked a guide describing how to build Wine under MacOS X. It's not exactly an user friendly, but it shouldn't require any hacking skills also.

http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX

As for the multicore support, no, it doesn't seem that anything like this is planned for the upcoming S3 release.

Thanks for your info, appreciate it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG