The online racing simulator
Its back and its organised!!
Thats right, the 60 Lap GP's are back and this time... they are organised!

We (I) have decided to make a miniture league of it. But without too much demand on people. Now, its dead simple so here is how it works:

12 Races in total (2 weeks between each race) The cars will stay the same (XFG + XRG) Why? because we know this is simple and it works.

Out of the 12 races, at the end of the league you will have to drop any 3 races from your league that you want.. This wont be done automatically, its YOU that gets to decide what 3 races you will drop. At the end of everything the results will be tallied up and a winner will be announced.

Now, Points. heres how they will work:

1st - 25 Points
2nd - 22 Points
3rd - 20 Points
4th - 18 Points
5th - 16 Points
6th - 15 Points
7th - 14 Points
8th - 13 Points
9th - 12 Points
10th -11 points
11th -09 Points
12th -08 Points
13th -07 Points
14th -06 Points
15th -05 Points
16th -04 Points
17th and below - 3 points

Started but DNF: 2 points.

additional points:
Pit stops:
Less than 2 second - 0 Points
2-5 seconds - 1 point
5-8 seconds - 2 points
8-10 seconds - 3 points
10-15 seconds - 4 points
more than 15 seconds - 6 points

Best laps:
If the fastest lap is by the winner: 3 points
If the fastest lap is by anybody else: 6 Points

Qualifications:
Qualified in top 3 - 4 points
Qualified in top 10 - 2 points

Highest Climber - 5 points

biggest loser - (eg started 1st. finished 19th) - 3 points

Penalties:
Cutting pit lane entry or exit lines: -5 Points

OKAY! maybe its not quite so dead simple BUT. The idea of being able to get points in so many different ways is so that wether you finish 1st or last you have a good chance of gaining plenty of points and keeping you in with a chance to win.

This thread just wants to grab your attention and i want some feedback as to wether you will be interested in taking part in this. The sooner we get some feedback, the sooner we plan!
Great, but if its STD class, could the tracks be only short too?
I'd love as4 with STDs.. that would be fun
Quote from pacesetter :I'd love as4 with STDs.. that would be fun

Sorry for OT, but this sounds so wrong (if you don't know a car class is being referred to).
all bar 2 of the tracks would be relatively short and sweet. the longer 2 would be KY3 / KY3R. The plan would ultimately be to visit 2 configs of each track or visit the configs in each direction.

At least. thats the plan i have in my head
Quote from AndroidXP :Sorry for OT, but this sounds so wrong (if you don't know a car class is being referred to).

#7 - VoiD
Sounds great!

But you should think about "noob-filtering".
Last ATC-race on AS2 was a desaster, at least for me. Too many wannabe´s, latebrakers and divebombers on track...
Quote from VoiD :Sounds great!

But you should think about "noob-filtering".
Last ATC-race on AS2 was a desaster, at least for me. Too many wannabe´s, latebrakers and divebombers on track...

good plan that way i can stop you from entering
When this league will start?
Sounds pretty interesting. I think I´ll be in for this.
More points for a longer pitstop? Interesting. Mixes strategies up for sure.
#12 - CSU1
This actually sounds pretty cool, depending on the dates I'd be interested in signing up
How do the pitstop points work? I assume the time for the extra points is accumulated over however many pitstops you make? So if you make two pitstops, the first taking 4 seconds, the second 7, you would get 4+7=11 => 4 points?

Is the pitstop time measured via InSim? What points do you get if you take exactly 10 seconds (3 or 4)?
Also, if you pit every lap for 15 seconds, you get 6 points each lap?

Maybe give points only for 1 stop? (longest/shortest)
This is what I was getting at. Otherwise you could simply do 58 15+ second pitstops and finish the race dead last with 351 points
my thinking with the pitstops is it will count for 1 stop... i must admit i did not take into account the thought of multiple pitstops (i know.. silly of me!)

Shortest would be good but it would seem to take out the whole idea of the pitstops being given points. So the longest would be a good plan,

That way you might gain 5 - 6 seconds at a pitstop doing it quickly, and therefore might gain a place or 2, BUT wont get as many points.

What do you guys think>

Longest.. or shortest? or perhaps Average.
sounds really interesting. What day of the week would it be and about what time! For all of us (possibly just me) that are 7hrs different
would be on a sunday still, likely 7pm GMT.
well, if that would be the time, and the race and qualis didnt drag on too long after, I would be in, looks like some good interest has already come about
if you have previously entered into the atc 60 laps GP. you will be familiar with the whole process.
ok im going to start getting some dates / tracks , a propper post together and then we shall rock on
This sounds intrestig i might be participating then

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG