The online racing simulator
Skin Download Fail
(29 posts, started )
Skin Download Fail
Hey guys.

When I'm on any server, each time a skin goes to automatically download, I get a microsoft 'send or do not send' error, and LFS crashes.

I've never had this problem, it started to occur after I began to play LFS again after a little break. It never did it before, and I haven't changed any settings in LFS or my computer.

I guess a quickfix is to re-download LFS again, but I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

Tryed turning off auto download skins in option, no harm in trying it then join a server to see if the problem remains.
is there a problem with your skins directories? read-only perhaps? messed up permissions? never had this problem myself, just thinking out loud.
Turning auto skin download off fixes the problem.
Okay, a fresh download of LFS didn't fix it. I still have the problem.

Basically, it lets me download skins from SPR's, and on the entry screen into a server (downloading skin #/#), but once I'm in there it doesn't let me download a skin at all and LFS crashes.

I'm quite bemused, I have no idea what it could be
Isn't it possible that your firewall blocks the skin download? Silly an idea I know, but I can't seem to find any other stuff that would cause this.
Well it has never done before so I've no idea why it would start doing that now :\
What LFS version are you using ? Using testpatches ?
It does it on any version of LFS GC, whether it be standard Z or any test patch, tried them all.
Also downloaded new GFX card drivers, didn't help. I'm screwed
Then here comes the most useful help ever. Format C
are you using a HTTP proxy?
#12 - SamH
Quote from [DUcK] :Okay, a fresh download of LFS didn't fix it. I still have the problem.

Basically, it lets me download skins from SPR's, and on the entry screen into a server (downloading skin #/#), but once I'm in there it doesn't let me download a skin at all and LFS crashes.

I'm quite bemused, I have no idea what it could be

Same problem for me. It doesn't download when I watch an MPR but does download them when I'm entering a server.

I'm going to check to see if it's a hi-res skin issue. At the moment, I believe I'm downloading hi-res.
Hmm, I'm just downloading standard skins.

What do you mean bunder?
Maybe it's cause you from down under!
gtfouta my thread, gizza.
get ur ass on msn bredz
Same problem here...

yesterday i watched the replay of 16h race. But lfs was unable to download the skins, no matter why. i have tested high-res and none high-res settings, but both settings dosen't work.

all the time i get the error (the skin xxx could not downloaded) or something similar (don't know the exact words at the moment).

I had used a clean patch z lfs installation. no proxy, no firewall.
Hi Machael,

I'm just wondering if you're just unable to download skins, or does your game crash too when attempting to download skins from a server?
I get the error, but the game does not crash. Report this as an bug and let Scawen take a look on it.
I thought this was where you report bugs
Oh my god.. did not see where this topic were ...
Ok, now i have made an screenshot.

I can't believe that all teams had deleted their skins on lfs world.
Attached images
noSkins.jpg
Mines a different problem to yours, maybe you have switched auto skin download off?

I can download the skin, but the game crashes immediately, I'll go get a screen shot. It's not hard to reproduce because it happens every time
This is what I get - every single time immediately after a skin download begins (as soon as I turned skin download on and I left options, it crashed).
Attached images
lfs skindownload crash.JPG
#25 - arco
You were absent for so long that critters have made a home in your hard drive.

Do the usual, scan for malware, test the memory, disable 3rd party firewall if you have, smack Josh in the face etc...

Skin Download Fail
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG