The online racing simulator
display messed up even in menus.
(54 posts, started )
display messed up even in menus.
i got a ffresh install for lfs because my xfire was not working with it. so i erased my cfg file, and everything else except for my data folder. ,i re-installed lfs, and xfire works fine, but my display is too narrow looking. even in the menus the cars look like compact cars. the vertical is fine, just the horizontal. everything else on my pc is perfect, so it is not my tv

it is probably just an easy fix, so i am betting it is an option, but i have messed around in the options for a while and still nothing
Try to check Options > Display > Interface > screen size X (?)
Screenshot it please or it's just guessing on our end.

What resolution are you using in Options >> Screen? Is it the same as your LCD panel?
Sounds like you're trying to run a 16:9 resolution on a 4:3 monitor. Right click on your desktop and go to properties, and find the resolution you're using in Settings. Then go to options -> screen in LFS and select this resolution. This should fix the aspect ratio, as long as your windows resolution is correct
~screen size not in interface anywhere

i am using a widescreen tv, and it baffles me how it is too narrow

~check the attachment
~it is all correct

EDIT: rofl, just realized it is all messed up because of my second moniter xD ignore this thread on the bottom and it is about right
EDIT2: if you press the zoom thing, and make it so it is taking up your whole screen that is almost what iam looking at, kinda looks a little less bad, ut still not what im used to
Attached images
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
Quote from logitekg25 :~screen size not in interface anywhere

in LFS, Press Esc key >> options >> screen menu

I meant the interface scale, sorry.
Quote from Flame CZE :I meant the interface scale, sorry.

All that does is downscale the buttons you see on-screen, like the buttons in autocross mode. It won't affect the display resolution or aspect ratio at all
so does anybody know what i have to do?

it is making me mad, only in less kid friendly terms
Quote from logitekg25 :so does anybody know what i have to do?

To achieve what? The screenshot is how it should be, correct aspect ratio, no stretching or anything.
If it's not how it used to be, you probably changed the FOV or some setting on your TV.
are you sure? that doesnt look horizontally squished to you? am i going crazy

maybe it is my tv, in the menu there is the picture of the car horizontally right before you race, and it looks really compact
this double post is just so you see it as a new post in subscribed threads...

this link shows me that my screen is still being a wide screen and it is an lfs problem...is there any option in graphics that could affect this, because everything is either all the way to the right or all the way to the left
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
tried that, but it doesnt affect the menu, so the problem is still there, and that will bug me (wow i am a stubborn @$54013 :razz
Does the menu look right in windowed mode? Maybe you're just running a wrong full screen resolution
If the other cars around you are squished and your cockpit is ok then try changing your FOV Field of View, thats in View Menu or use 5 and 6 Keys on the keybaord

edit1: oh wait you added another post while my screen was open for an hour.
edit2: you posted a ruler? That image is scalable so I don't understand how that can prove anything.. I can resize the window and make 10 inches look like 1 inch.

Tell us? does this pictureappear perfectly round on your screen? Use this to get your desktop aspect ration correct if you think it's wrong in Windows.
the resolution and such was all the same as before i had any problems, and check the url of the round thing

the ruler was suppossed to prove that my screen is a wide screen because the inch is about a half inch long
Does anybody KNOW what his native screen resolution is?

Whatever that is... make sure MICROSOFT WINDOWS is set to that resolution (Can you tell us what screen you have?) .... and make sure LFS is set to the SAME resolution in the OPTIONS >> SCREEN MENU
what do you mean? you CAN ask me
Well at the moment we don't know what resolution you have selected in LFS, or even what resolution you have for your LCD monitor.

So tell us what is your screen resolution supposed to be?
The monitor you bought... what is it's maximum resolution supposed to support?

something like
1920 x 1080
or 1600 x 1200
or 1680 x 1050
or 1440 x 900
?

Then, tell us if you set the same resolution in Windows (Display properties) and set the same reolution in LFS menu Options >> Screen

We're trying to help you but have no idea of your configuration or even what you are setting things to. It's like flying in the dark.
my moniter is this

and i have everything on my computer set to 1360 by 768, and that is set properly in lfs, and the shift F9 F10 F11 F12 is set to max (shift F12) i forget what it is called but remember how to change it mid-race
Quote from logitekg25 :my moniter is this

and i have everything on my computer set to 1360 by 768, and that is set properly in lfs, and the shift F9 F10 F11 F12 is set to max (shift F12) i forget what it is called but remember how to change it mid-race

Well that's wrong, the screen you linked to has an aspect ratio of 16:10 at its native resolution of 1440x900, not 16:9 at 1360x768.
The only explanation I can come up with for it suddely looking different is that a driver update might have switched from monitor-side scaling to GPU scaling.

Also, set the correct resolution in LFS under Options -> Screen, the Shift + F9/10/11/12 can be and is very likely to be set to the same wrong res.
there is no way to set that to my exact res. and in lfs...well i will try that

EDIT: there is also no 1440 by 900 in lfs, and everythiing is as close as it wil get...it is how it was when i got lfs origionally anyway somebody with mostly high graphics want to give me a copy of their cfg, so i can not mess with graphics too much and have a hopefully fixed problem
Quote from logitekg25 :my moniter is this

Firstly... as has been said : FIRST set up Windows to your native resolution. (1440 x 900) from the Windows desktop. Setting up Windows to 1360 x 768 will just make everything wrong for a start.

Then once you've got windows working this is how you fix the LFS config. if it doesn't have the 1440 x 900 option in Options >> Screen.

This is how you can fix it. Rename the following files -
card_cfg.txt rename to OLDcard_cfg.txt
&
cfg.txt rename to OLDcfg.txt

This is the same as deleting them, but you can restore them later if you need to or need to OR refer back to old settings that your forgot you had used.
Note: when messing with cfg.txt and card_cfg.txt MAKE SURE LFS IS CLOSED COMPLETELY or the changes to those files will not apply.

Then restart LFS and if you got Windows set up right in the first place (1440x900), it should detect your Windows settings at 1440x900 and then make it available inside the menus of LFS.

You might not be able to use Shift+F9 - Shift+F12 as a shortcut to change resolution because I'm not sure if 1440x900 is a setting there by default. You can define your own shortcuts in the Screen menu in LFS. If you want to know the cfg.txt lines that adjust all those Shift+F9/Shift+F12 shortcuts are:
INFO_F9 1 0 640 480
INFO_F10 1 0 800 600
INFO_F11 1 0 1024 768
INFO_F12 0 60 1440 900

that sounds like what wil fix my problem, and i know i am probably giving you grey hairs and making you scream at the moniter for asking this probably noob quewtion

how do i change my desktop resolution when there is no way to get the 1440 x 900 that is needed in the first place? in display properties it skips from 1360 x 768 to 1660 x 1050
Hah, no that doesn't give me grey hair.

You are trying to change it here yes? This is a stock photo as I don't use Vista.

If you can't get 1440x900 in that screen then you got a problem. There's an Advanced settings button in that Dialog box. Once in there, one of the tabs (Adapter?) has an button.. List All Modes. Try look in there for 1440x900. Make sure you use pick 32bit colour.

Can you find that 1440x900 in your nVidia control panel? RIght click the nVidia logo down in the task bar (Tray icons)

If you can't see it in those you need to re-install the corredct nVidia dirvers for your graphics card. 1440x900 should not be difficult to find, something aint quite right here.
Attached images
list.PNG

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG