The online racing simulator
LLWS 2010 Round 2 - International 100 Post Race Discussion
My fault is to destroy the race to the leader.
Sory for that , shits happend.
I will accept any punishment , what will the admin decide to give me.
Sorry again.
Quote from Ki-Men :My fault is to destroy the race to the leader.
Sory for that , shits happend.
I will accept any punishment , what will the admin decide to give me.
Sorry again.

If it makes you feel any better it wasn't the leader.
Was a pretty fun race for me, I spun out early on but then after that got a good rhythm going and got back up to second. Then I had a misunderstanding with Palatinus, I went to overtake on the left side but he moved over to the left to let me pass as the same time. After that the car was too damaged to drive to the pits so I had to spec.

anyway congrats to Pettegrew!
#5 - pik_d
Quote from no_one :Was a pretty fun race for me, I spun out early on but then after that got a good rhythm going and got back up to second. Then I had a misunderstanding with Palatinus, I went to overtake on the left side but he moved over to the left to let me pass as the same time. After that the car was too damaged to drive to the pits so I had to spec.

Not only that but he also hit the brakes.
Ah well, I could write a hole essay on this race. But I won't so here goes...

From practice till the qualify I felt me and Reintjan had a good chance of getting into the super pole shootout. After changing some settings on my setup the car felt great and after the practice I felt that I could get myself near the top 6.

But that wasn't so, I stuggled to find my lines in T1 and lacked the confidence in qualifying. I put in a so-so time but was very surprised with my teammates performance and very please he made it into the super pole shootout.

In the race I knew I would have to get ahead quickly to make my strategy work, I tried to keep my tyres warm in the formation lap and kept good distance to the cars infront. On the green flag I went for it starting in 2nd gear I had the engine power I would need to sprint past the lead cars.
After getting into P4 after T1 I was pleased but knew this wasn't over until I gained an advantage or the other cars had incidents. Once we were 8 laps in the car felt amazing it could only get better from here, my main consern was pushing too hard too quickly.
From the point that the first set of cars started pitting I felt it was best to leave my stop till the last moment, this way I could push like hell on the new set of R2's. I made a clean stop and got away with only 8secs between me and the car behind. The race was on again, I was hunting that fastest lap time and felt like nothing could stop me until... I got a bit caught up with a lapped car, I made the pass in T1 but he didn't leave enough room and it was a close call once I made it past.
But going into the uphill chicane of turns 4 and 5 I made a mistake the car went mad as the lapped car was about the pull back past. I gatherd the car up and shook it off, from there I still wanted to push everything out of the car and pull ahead with a large enough car I could be happy with

But to finish 1st from starting 7th i'am very please there is no doubt about that. My only wish is that my teammate didn't have engine trouble which got him stuck with a heavy battle for 4th, 5th and 6th.

Thanks again to the NDR team, I will be back for the next race and will give it my best to try and get a good possition there.

@no one - It's Pettigrew btw, But thanks all the same.
Quote from TFalke55 :Post here your thoughts about this round...

and sorry for the big delay in the end... wasn't my intention

Will Replay, race restult, stats and standings be updated today?
Quote from no_one :Was a pretty fun race for me, I spun out early on but then after that got a good rhythm going and got back up to second. Then I had a misunderstanding with Palatinus, I went to overtake on the left side but he moved over to the left to let me pass as the same time. After that the car was too damaged to drive to the pits so I had to spec.

sorry man , really sorry for that , that was wery stupid move from myself , I was see you in the mirror behind me and litle lift the gas and move away from ideal line of the track , in the same moment when you try to overtake me , to let you pass in the ideal line , but you see it was went wrong and I m angry to myself to destroy your race.

hunnty : it is not feel better , there is no explanation or excuse for my stupid moves on the track.
Quote from aroX123 :Will Replay, race restult, stats and standings be updated today?

EDIT:Provisional Results and replays on spdo Eventdb, see OP.

I'll do results and standings after MoE

d
Thanks Deko, shame you were managing the MoE. Was looking forward to your expert running of the league

Not that the guys didn't do a bad job, They did it perfectly
Quote from adamlfs :Thanks Deko, shame you were managing the MoE. Was looking forward to your expert running of the league

Not that the guys didn't do a bad job, They did it perfectly

I wasn't managing MoE. I was doing media shite.

I've trained them well haven't I ?
Unofficial Driver's Championship standings after this race
  1. 10 A. Pettigrew 83Pts
  2. 76 S. Murphy 66Pts
  3. 33 Y. Laprevotte 62Pts
  4. 0 O. Motorson 54Pts
  5. 32 R. J. Hoiting 52Pts
  6. 17 L. Chebbi 46Pts
  7. 6 J. Teien 43Pts
  8. 22 S. Rose 42Pts
  9. 11 J. Marcinkevicius 42Pts
  10. 81 I. Fermevc 42Pts
  11. 13 R. Salama 40Pts
  12. 19 R. Young 40Pts
  13. 24 M. Barry 36Pts
  14. 66 N. Vallée 35Pts
  15. 71 Z. Palatinus 32Pts
  16. 18 E. Kasperiunas 31Pts
  17. 69 I. Todorvic 28Pts
  18. 90 D. Brestovac 26Pts
  19. 4 T. Mehlinger 14Pts
  20. 99 R. Kööts 14Pts
Quote from dekojester :I wasn't managing MoE. I was doing media shite.

I've trained them well haven't I ?

Well yeah, Timo needs to get a less annoying voice still but otherwise the organisation was fine

Enjoyed this event much, had pretty much good racing, happy that my team-mates did well too, everyone in the team in the top 10 including 2 cars in the top 5, that's rather good overall I assume

Nice to see me in 3rd position at the champ too
Quote from adamlfs :@no one - It's Pettigrew btw, But thanks all the same.

ups sorry
Quote from Ki-Men :sorry man , really sorry for that , that was wery stupid move from myself , I was see you in the mirror behind me and litle lift the gas and move away from ideal line of the track , in the same moment when you try to overtake me , to let you pass in the ideal line , but you see it was went wrong and I m angry to myself to destroy your race.

hunnty : it is not feel better , there is no explanation or excuse for my stupid moves on the track.

Don't worry about it these things happen
I hope to get all videos uploaded until the end of this week... so around sunday/monday I'll have the Polelaps uploaded and the Race summaries (the last thing is a bit of a hoping thing^^) This will include the MiniFBM series also
Results in the OP.

d
Pettigrew wins at Westhill - Concept Racing takes the lead
The International 100 was the second round of the LFSCART Light Winter Series 2010. Overall it was the second road course round in LFSCART Light history after the Jamaica 130 three months earlier. Also it was the first time the Superpole Session was used in a League race. The race took place on the track of Westhill International reversed.

In Qualifying pool 1 the Something Awful drivers Randy Young and Travis Mehlinger and the Concept Racing entry of Reint Jan Hoiting reached the top 3. Young's 1:34.41was the fastest lap of the Qualifying. Adam Pettigrew (Concept Racing) who was pole sitter in the season opener at Kyoto only reached the 4th position in this pool and started 7th in the grid. Prior to the race he was confident to reach at least the Superpole, but he missed the time of his team mate by 0.04 seconds. In Qualifying pool 2 a third car of Something Awful qualified for the Superpole, Simon Murphy in the #76 followed by the two Tiger Express Motorsport cars of the newcomer Nicolas Vallée and the team owner Yann Laprevotte. In the Superpole session the newcomer surprised everyone. Vallée drove the fastest lap and earned the pole position infront of Mehlinger, Murphy, Young, Hoiting and Laprevotte.

The race was scheduled for 32 laps and one pace lap. Although the formation was not the best, the stater waved the green flag. After the race the race director said, that he feared the field would get nervous if the start was weaved off because it was already started behind the schedule due to problems with the live broadcast. At the exit of turn 1 Vallée stayed in the lead. Pettigrew who started 7th passed already 4 cars and was in fourth position, side by side with Young and closely followed by Murphy. At the exit of the fast chicane, Vallée left the track, loosing 5 positions. The same did Jarl Teien in his Norwegian #6 car. When sorting back in behind hoiting he oversaw the Serbian Chromed Pistons #81 of Igor Fermevc, who spun off track because of the contact. Trying to avoid a bigger chrash Ori Motorson (Jochen Rindt Racing) and Lims Chebbi (Tiger Express Motorsport) left the tarmac. Unfortunately they couldn't get around the #81 and made contact. As the next corner was a left hander, Chebbi crossed the track. Luckily he wasn't hit by another car. In the same situation Fermevc made contact with the #24 of Mike Barry and sent him into the gravel trap. All involved cars could keep on racing. Teien got a 30 seconds penalty added to the results afterwards. Big winner of Lap 1 actions was Pettigrew.

Because of slip streaming on the fast and long straights the field divided rapidly into different battle groups. At the end of the second racing lap Murphy passed Pettigrew at the end of the start-finish-straight and Young did the same on the back straight entering the chicane, which caused all the trouble on lap 1. Entering the final two corners the points leader Murphy passed his team mate Mehlinger and got into leading position and again Murphy was followed by Young, this time at the end of the start finish straight. On lap 4 Murphy overshoot the first hairpin and went through the grass. His two teammates and Pettigrew could pass him. So the Concept driver was again in the Something Awful sandwich. And on the backstraight, Pettigrew found a way around Young, so he was in second again. Because the speed was not that fast the following group of Laprevotte, Spencer Rose in the fourth Something Awful car, Vallée and Hoiting approached the leaders. Barry became the first overlapped car on the same lap. The American spun off when he was shown the blue flags. With lap 6 the leading group split. Mehlinger spun exiting the first hairpin, loosing 8 positions. This made the door wide open for Pettigrew who was now in lead. He now started to pull away. The LFSCART Light points leader also spun one lap later again at the scene of first lap's chaos. He fell back to 7th position. All of the sudden, when the pitwindow was opened, The French newcomer Nicolas Vallée was back on the bronze medal position. Young meanwhile kept the gap to Pettigrew between 1 and 2 seconds.

On lap 9 the pit lane opened and racing calmed down a bit.. Skrajūns Drambliox (Fast Animals), who pitted one lap earlier, got a drive through penalty for blend line violation. Teien in the Norwegian car was the first one to pit in the window. After contact with a wall Mehringer down in 10th position entered pitlane. However, during his pit stop he timed out. Leaving 15 running cars on the track. Racing setteled down and positions were kept for several laps. On lap 18 Young made his compulsory pit stop. Unfortunately he was too fast in pit lane and got a Drive-Through-Penalty. This gave Pettigrew a very good opportunity to play out his strategy and to get a big enough gap to stay in front after his pit stop without risking too much. After the penalty Young was 7th. Eimantas Kasperiunas (#18, SimRacing Lithauania Team) repeated the mistake of his landsman Marcinkevicius and got his personal Drive-Through-Penalty. With Zoltan Palatinus (Serbian Chromed Pistons), who pitted on lap 20, all but one car have served their obligatory pit stop. That car was the #10 of Concept Racing who still led the field. Palatinus should become a race deciding factor. On lap 23, one lap before the window closed, the leader came in for his stop. He exited the pit road with 8 seconds in front of Murphy. Murphy could see the Concept racing car at the end of the straight and he could close up a bit. But on lap 25 the tough luck stroke: Palatinus wanted to open up the inside line to let Murphy pass. Murphy however decided to overlap the backmarker on the outside line. The two of them collided in the fast chicane after the hairpin. Both had to retire. Young who became the new runner-up was too far behind to be a real danger of Pettigrews victory.

While the top two podium spots seemed to be decided, a battle for the 3rd position set up between the second Concept Racing car and the pole sitter. They had a hard battle and the positions changed every few corners. Rose benefited from this. He could minimize the gap and became bigger and bigger in the mirror of the two fighters. On lap 28 he became part of the battle. But only 2 laps later he was out of the decision about the bronze medal again, ironically directly after he could get a few meters between him and Hoiting. He overshot the hairpin and got onto the grass with the left rear wheel and spun because of this. Vallée took over the 3rd position as Hoiting had to go over the grass to avoid contact with the spinning Something Awful car. Hoiting was not able to catch the Frenchman and finished 4th. Pettigrew won the International 100 with an incredible race pace. Young on second and the E-Team member Vallée, who starts for Tiger Express Motorsport in LFSCART Light, on third.

With this victory Pettigrew takes over the points lead with 85 points in front of Murphy with 66 and Laprevotte 62. In the teams ranking Concept racing also takes over the lead with 157, 23 points ahead of Something Awful and 42 points in front of Tiger Express Motorsport.

Full Qualifying and Race results under http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=62165.
Full championship standings under http://spreadsheets.google.com ... Olyp7ekd0RV8Ynw&gid=0.

Next round is on November 6th at Aston Club for the Aston 140. All further information under http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=265
Quote :Barry became the first overlapped car on the same lap. The American spun off when he was shown the blue flags.

Yes, that's true. I was watching my mirrors, too much maybe. But I didn't want to be in the way of someone ahead of me. So I got a little too close the edge of the track while I was trying to stay out of the way and dropped a tire in the dirt.
Nice report, only needs one or two pics IMO
it got pics on newdimensionracing.com and on LFS News

LLWS 2010 Round 2 - International 100 Post Race Discussion
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG