The online racing simulator
Your Favorite Mouse
(18 posts, started )
Your Favorite Mouse
To all of the mousers out there, what's your favorite mouse you've used over the years with LFS?

The Micosoft Mouse
When I first started playing Live For Speed I was using a Microsoft mouse that's a regular optical mouse. The mouse wheel itself worked beautifully for changing up and down gears providing great feedback for how many 'clicks' you have gone up or down. The middle click worked very well as the clutch and that's important for servers these days that require that you use a real clutch. The mouse buttons, left and right click where very large and simple giving you an easy target for pick up and go races. I loved this mouse, wish I could find it again.

Logitec G5 (1st Gen)
The logitch mouse on the other hand provided a greater level of precision that you could feel over that of the first Microsoft Mouse, however there where a great many drawbacks. While it provided many buttons, most of them where useless in and out of game as they served no purpose for me, and it was awkward at best trying to hit them while using the mouse at the same time. The scroll wheel, that I used still as the change gear mechanism, was horrid on this mouse as it provided no feedback, or at least no tangible feedback. The buttons them selves worked well, and the overall feel of the mouse in the hand was better at first be also for some reason gave a certain amount of fatigue, but that might have had to do more with the mouse wheel that required my hand to tense when ever I changed gear (and as you all know, in one lap, that's alot, over a race, it's insane!).

What's your favorite mouse and why? The Micosoft mouse is still my favorite, but I do wish it had the precision of the Logitch, and I wish the logitch hand the simplicity of the Microsoft mouse. Quite frankly, when I scroll up or down, where it be to shift gears, or move a web page I want to fell what I'm doing, I don't want to be happy with a half arsed result of a botched scroll because my hand is required to become a body builder to be able to scroll with the precision it requires of you.
Seeing as my G25 has yet to arrive I have been limited to mousing...

Razer Deathadder -

I like this mouse because it has 5 buttons...The two on the side work quite well as Clutch and E-Brake (I don't use the scroll button) and the two on the top obviously used for Gas/Brake...It's ergonomically designed to sit really comfortable in your hand...

Also, this mouse has a gold plated USB & a 3G laser with 1800 DPI which makes steering really smooth...I also like this mouse because it lights up lol...

lolz

Does it have to be a mouse for LFS?
Because the only mouse I've used for LFS so far is a generic Dell Mouse. It served me well, but it was pretty uncomfortable so I ended up cramping during long races and hotlaps (because I get tense)

If not then...

The Razer Lachesis is my mouse of choice. Its long so I use the finger grip for it and it feels very nice, unless you try other grips because this is a weird ambidextrous mouse. It has just enough features, tracks smoothly and accurately and is light but "weighty" for a good feel. Plus, I got it for a good price.

It sucks that its a laser mouse though. I always felt that optical was better, and the Deathadder is one perfect reason why optical is not going to lose to lasers. Also, Razer tends to make the teflon feet of their mice really thin so on a cloth pad, the mouse snags.
My best ive had yet is Logitech LX5. Its pretty cheap, wireless (bad, bad). Anyways, not sure how much dpi it has but its clearly enough for me. Aiming for headshots in fps games is not a problem. Been using it for 2-3 years now and i still love it. Will change it only if it breaks wich i seriously doubt.
The best mouse I ever had was the microsoft intellimouse 1.1

I hate mice with both extra buttons on one side and the intellimouse had one on each side, it was perfect. And if you knew how to set it up it had very high accuracy.

I never played LFS with that mouse, but alot of FPS games where much better with it, using the side buttons for things like voice and fire mode switches where much better than keyboard buttons.
I've used 3 mice with LFS, and the best experience I've had was a simple 2-button + wheel Logitech ball mouse that I couldn't even find on their website anymore. Runner-up is the equivalent Microsoft optical mouse, it's not so sensitive that repositioning the mouse slightly would move the cursor.
Logitech MX1000 gave me good LFS mousing for years.

Wireless but rechargeable on a docking station
Enough buttons
Scrolling OK
Durable (3 years use no problem)
Works on unlikely surfaces (glass covered hotel room desks included)
Logitech annoying software allows you to auto detect LFS and auto turn off acceleration.
Kind of heavy, so increased stability but not so portable.

G25 is better
I was driving LFS with MX518, very good mouse.
#10 - wild

Logitech Trackman Marble, just got to be the best mouse I've had so far :-)
That's a snail, not a mouse
#12 - bhs
For gaming use on my desktop:
1. Logitech G9
2. Logitech G5
3. Logitech MX500(It all started here imo)

For my laptop:
1. Logitech VX Nano

Looking at my desk is pretty funny. G9, G15 , G25, VX Nano, Z-5500, Logitech headsets.
1. MSI GS-502
2. Logitech G7
Roccat Kone
Deathadder
Gone through:

Soyntec r200 (Horrible optical mouse from the airport : D )
Copperhead
Intellimouse 3.0 MS.

Tbh, for everything the intellimouse wins and for £15-£20 you cant loose.

edit: Lasaarrrr failsss btwwww
Logitech MX1100r, it has ultra fast scrolling feature and dpi buttons and i love it.

Your Favorite Mouse
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG