The online racing simulator
Plasma Pong
(22 posts, started )
#1 - Vain
Plasma Pong
I know I know, "It's 2007, they want their news back..." but anyway:

Two days ago I stumbled about a small and free remake of pong based on a computational fluid simulation. Instead of just using a paddle to deflect a ball that moves through empty space your paddle can now emit a fluid and the ball flows within this fluid. All based on pretty nicely done physics.
The game is visually extremely appealing and has an enormous awe-factor to it.
Watch an example of it here and get the installer here. Remember to crank up the performance settings to get the most out of it.

Vain

P.S.: My highscore so far is level 27.
Level 31 is my PB. Can't be bothered to play this, ages ago since I've tried the game.
i need some lsd for this.
#4 - CSU1
Quote from theirishnoob :i need some lsd for this.

It would look like normal pong then.

Edit: it seems that it's an DMG file.. How/what can I open it with? Why's it not just an .exe?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :It would look like normal pong then.

Edit: it seems that it's an DMG file.. How/what can I open it with? Why's it not just an .exe?

Apparently it's for Mac.
Just joking!

First time i saw this was on Brian Beckman's interview about game physics, specially auto and flight simulation.
#11 - STF
Quote from h3adbang3r :Apparently it's for Mac.

oh, thanks for letting me know...i was looking a way to open that file like an idiot.
#13 - Vain
Sorry for the mac-link. I had a hard time finding english mirrors for version 1.3c because google hates language settings.
Quote from Vain :P.S.: My highscore so far is level 27.

Make that 28.

Vain
Quote from STF :Bad is a relative term.

Indeed.

Then there's the other side of the coin, just watch The Osbournes for proof.
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly-
#16 - STF
Quote from Krane :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh6oGwOMVeY

And that stuff is legal everywhere

If I'd be a betting man, I'd say it's fake...

Ask for a beer in Saudi Arabia and see just how legal it is ;p

Quote :Indeed.

Indeed there are some uses for canabis, just as there are some medical uses for smoking cigarettes too.

Still, you can't convince me smoking cigarettes is any more social or pleasant to be around than somebody who sits there and drools on ganga whilst their paranoid brain spits out conspiracy theories of how "they" are using the carpet they've sprawled themselves out on as a trap to catch them...

Then again, i'm both a smoker and an ex-junkie, so obviously i'm biased.
Quote from Becky Rose :Still, you can't convince me smoking cigarettes is any more social or pleasant to be around than somebody who sits there and drools on ganga whilst their paranoid brain spits out conspiracy theories of how "they" are using the carpet they've sprawled themselves out on as a trap to catch them...

Sounds much better than a aggressive and violent drunkard.

Plasma Pong
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG