The online racing simulator
Lightswitch S2 0.1a
(31 posts, started )
Lightswitch S2 0.1a
I made a program which keeps the "g" key pressed down. Eventually I will improve it considerably. Not yet tested ingame....

EDIT: To exit, right click the tray icon and select exit!
Attached files
lightson.rar - 179.8 KB - 2465 views
Coolade, cant wait till we can get them to acctualy project light.
Oh no, does that mean more people who have their foglights on in perfectly clear conditions because of the extra hp it gives? Great, however, for future LFS@Night movies.

Note: Running with your foglights on actually decreases the power at your wheels slightly. This is not a wind up. If you are a sad boyracer with 192" wheels on your 2CV then bear it in mind unless you want to look like an idiot If you don't believe me, PM me and I will explain further (as well as mocking you for having a silly car).
next time i see ya on track tristan ill make sure to flash ya!
#5 - bal00
Neat add-on. You may want to pause it at start-up though, because if you happen to have the exe in a directory which contains files or folders starting with "g", windows will just cycle through those very quickly. Maybe it'd also be possible to check which window is currently active and send the keystrokes only if LFS is on top. It might also interfere with instant messengers and the like.
good job, I like it
#7 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :Oh no, does that mean more people who have their foglights on in perfectly clear conditions because of the extra hp it gives? Great, however, for future LFS@Night movies.

i know more power must be generated, ergo more drag must be created due t the alternator, but is this modeled in LFS?
If someone can learn scripting fast, then feel free to make a better script than me! I just used this: http://www.autohotkey.com/ to make the keys go on and off. Using that program, it is also possible to popup message boxes and get key inputs so that when you press one key the lights flash on and off, if you need to pass someone, and when you press another key...I dunno...
#9 - orre
Quote from tristancliffe :Oh no, does that mean more people who have their foglights on in perfectly clear conditions because of the extra hp it gives? Great, however, for future LFS@Night movies.

Note: Running with your foglights on actually decreases the power at your wheels slightly. This is not a wind up. If you are a sad boyracer with 192" wheels on your 2CV then bear it in mind unless you want to look like an idiot If you don't believe me, PM me and I will explain further (as well as mocking you for having a silly car).

LOL i just use to sit and marking the text on the site when i notised that
So, question is does LFS simulate this kind of powerloss?
Quote from wheel4hummer :If someone can learn scripting fast, then feel free to make a better script than me! I just used this: http://www.autohotkey.com/ to make the keys go on and off. Using that program, it is also possible to popup message boxes and get key inputs so that when you press one key the lights flash on and off, if you need to pass someone, and when you press another key...I dunno...

Excellent find!
yup.. not we just need everyone to look in the mirrors and focus on the behind drivers fog lights! i never did that... i just pull over.. :P
Quote from MoriX :wow..

when u run it. u cant write a message. u cant shut down .. etc.

ummm, yes you can!
Attached files
msg.zip - 181.2 KB - 560 views
What is in that msg.zip? What is the msg.exe?

And will the Lswitch work in the Q version?
And in the new version with the BMW F1 car
#15 - Jakg
Quote from Liquid Li0n :What is in that msg.zip? What is the msg.exe?

And will the Lswitch work in the Q version?
And in the new version with the BMW F1 car

Yes x2
well tried it works...but the bad side when using that, u wont be able to use the shortcut commands...like shift + r.
when i need to have my light always on i just grab a piece of paper
Those of us with a DFP can setup a lights on button (and a lights off button!) using the profiler. Just record a custom button config like this:

Start Recording
Press down G (lights on button)
Stop Recording
Release G button.

To record lights off do this:

Press down G button
Start Recording
Release G Button
Stop Recording.

Done.

It is annoying though when you forget about it, and press T and then get gggggggggggggggg constantly...
I just created one in a similar way to what letdown427 said. Using the Profiler for my Logitech G15 keyboard and one of it's many programmable buttons.

Thanks for the idea!

PanterA
When I use it and want to type something I can't its pressing g all the time in my textbox
Wheel4hummer, all you need to do for this program is make an on/off shortcut key combination, and this would work beautifully.

Otherwise I cannot disable it, cannot chat, cannot quit the game, cannot do much at all really....

Because I don't play in Windowed mode, and those who use Fullscreen cannot get to the taskbar, they are locked in the game and have to manually shut down their PC to get back to norm...

ffs
Well, I take no responsibility for what it does. All it does is press down the "g" key. I have not figured out how to make it more complex. Feel free to download autohotkey (free), and code your own Lightswitch.
Whoah I didn't realize you made a different one bal00. I'll give yours a try when I can
I can`t get autohotkey working anymore in new (u30) patch...
nice, thats what i need

Lightswitch S2 0.1a
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG