The online racing simulator
#1 - Krayy
Common GUI Layout & Look (Competition)
Hi guys,

Here's a chance for world-wide fame and fortune...well, okay, no fortune, and fame only within the world of LFS, but fame none the less.

The background:
After some discussions with Tim NL and fire_optikz, there is a lot of interesting deveopment going on, and I have a few "grand plans" for my own Lapper servers, that could seriously benefit from a common look & feel to make Lapper more appealing. One bugbear for me is that each contributors buttons look & feel completely different, and that causes me to either shy away from using a particular plug in or just get confused.

The challenge:
Design a GUI look & feel that can be easily adapted and used by other Lapper admins so that Lapper looks "integrated". Some guidelines to follow are:
  • It should be able to support a tab bar to access multiple screens of information
  • Text colours should be visible when the game shows darker and lighter backgrounds
  • Text should be easy to read at any resolution (ie not too small - except for the tabs)
  • It should be able to be configured for different languages
  • The entire interface should not overwrite any LFS race buttons
  • It can include infobars on top and bottom of screen
  • Add/minus buttons should act the same way as LFS (ie when using a plus button, right clicking increases a numeric by 5, left by 1)
Let your imagination run (not too) wild and let's see what we can come up with. Winner gets a beer next time they are in New Zealand
Quote from Krayy :... fire_optikz,...
Winner gets a beer next time they are in New Zealand

ahg im to young to drink >.>
#3 - m4ccy
ye and make it support 64 bit too -.-
What's point of making 64-bit version for something that doesn't needs to store so large amounts of data (over 2G in memory, over 2TB on HDD)?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG