6800 ultra problems
(9 posts, started )
6800 ultra problems
Hey just seeing if anyone can help me with a problem im having with my graphics card (6800 ultra) since last night lfs has ceased to work due to the graphics card im guessing (as shown in below pics)

There was no system changes or added or deleted programs prior to this problem. the things I have tried so far is :-
1.Uninstall/reinstall drivers
2.Re-bed graphics card on motherboard
3.Wipe and reinstall XP (was planning to do this anyway)
4.Tired other games (Homeworld 2 works, Rfactor demo same problem)
5. Run Dxdiag on the graphics card, no problems

They have still not solved the problems so if anyone else has any idea's or solutions i'd be very grateful.

(Pictures also have GPU-Z and CPU-Z screen caps)
Setup Picture

Ingame Picture
#2 - dadge
the card could be finished. it is quite old now for a gpu.
WELCOME!

also, try cleaning it.

if you are good at it and not scared unscrew the heatsink, check the fan is working, make sure everything is clean, apply a tiny bit of thermal paste wherever the heatsink touches any chip and screw it back on.

be careful
yeah but it works with other games (be it 1) and a few demos so thats left me puzzled
hmmm

i hoped i could help you... but it seems i haven't got another suggestion for you yet
First, put your vSync on in lfs (assuimg that you have 60Hz monitor) and second, try reinstalling lfs. Try different updating drivers. I dont think that the graphics card is broken.
just out of curiosity, why are you saying "assuming that you have a 60Hz monitor" ?

how is it different if the monitor is a 75 Hz, 85 100 or 120Hz?
Quote from george_tsiros :just out of curiosity, why are you saying "assuming that you have a 60Hz monitor" ?

how is it different if the monitor is a 75 Hz, 85 100 or 120Hz?

The point is that im not sure if he has it. If he has 75Hz, then the fps in the screenshot is explainale. If he's on 60Hz, then having 70fps+ is overkilling/stressing. If monitor has max of 60Hz then showing more than 60fps is pointless.
good idea hazaky... but did you not notice that he is running in a window? that screws up the measurement of the fps, because, he is not running it at full resolution.

if you wanted to give advice to make it easy for his machine, there are two things that you can do,

increase minimum sleep and enable the fps limiter at around 30-40

anyway

6800 ultra problems
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG