The online racing simulator
Function key messages
(15 posts, started )
Function key messages
I'm sorry if this is posted before as I honestly don't know what this would be listed under

But I think it would be helpful if when you change driver profiles(options>driver), that your Function key messages can be different for each driver. I found it kinda annoying when I was driving the safety car...
Nice input douche.
Good suggestion - This would also be helpful for driving in league races, because some leagues ask you to clear all your binds before racing, so this would save you entering them all in again.

Quote from Trev084 :Nice input douche.

Do you have nothing better to do than insult your new 'enemy' after every post he makes ?
I agree.
yah, that'd be cool...
as if i really don't need to use " ! ! ! Police PULL OVER ! ! ! " in the race,
what i do sometimes xP
It has likely been suggested before, though I still give it a thumbs up. Would have been great to have during my testing of my AI project, as I needed to reconfigure my controls each time I wanted to play the game, or work on the AI project... This annoyance lead me to stop working on the project, at least for the time being.
Quote from JO53PHS :
Do you have nothing better to do than insult your new 'enemy' after every post he makes ?

I find it quite sad really. Some people can't handle criticism.
I think this this is a good suggestion, would be very handy, since I am a cruiser (Please don't hate otherwise you get a report) it's annoying trying to squeeze cop binds in with my normal cruising binds.
You can already do this for Ctrl+ and Alt+ function keys using LFS scripts. From docs/commands.txt
/ctrlf [num] [text] - change text e.g. "ctrlf 1 hello"
/altf [num] [text] - change text e.g. "altf 1 bye"

It wouldn't do it automatically and it won't work with F1-F8 as far as I know, but it's a start.
Quote from JO53PHS :Good suggestion - This would also be helpful for driving in league races, because some leagues ask you to clear all your binds before racing, so this would save you entering them all in again.

Sorry for slightly OT and sorry if I miss something but why would they do this? Surely just giving penaltys for chat would be enough?
Agree with the OP.

Quote from menantoll :Sorry for slightly OT and sorry if I miss something but why would they do this? Surely just giving penaltys for chat would be enough?

Preventing it from happening is better (as opposed to taking action afterwards)?
You could probably use the scripting system.

Then you would just need to '/binds1.lfs', '/bindsoff.lfs' etc to change them all at once.
I have different binds and wheel buttons for police/towtruck/racing/cruising. All set up so whenever I press Alt+F12, it switches to the next mode. All binds and buttons are changed within a fraction of a second.
You can't change the F1-F8 buttons with scripts, though.
Ah, it is possible to set your binds with a script, its also possible to change your driver name!

As you wish to load tow, cop and other binds, you could have a script called tow.lfs that changes your binds when you type //tow.

I can help you do this, remind me when you next see me
Been looking for this forever and it was under my nose this whole time

Function key messages
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG