The online racing simulator
Be Patient (PLEASE READ)
(5 posts, started )
Be Patient (PLEASE READ)
I hope this becomes a sticky.

Ok, people. When you request a skin, it takes time for a skinner to find your thread. I would say wait 12-18 hours before :bump:ing your thread. Unless, your thread is falling back on the list of pages. And then, when you do have a response, allow the skinner to give you updates before you go and ask if it is done. Most skins are free, and people do them in their spare time. For a quality skin, it takes time. BE PATIENT. Allow 2-3 days for a skinner to complete your skin.

And for skinners, this is my suggested checklist:

1. Respond to post saying that you are willing to make the skin.
2. Be sure no one else has offered to do the skin. If someone has, wait. If it takes them a while to finish the skin, ask if you may do it as well.
3. Give an expected finished time, such as "2-3 days" or "2-3 hours"
4. Ask if they want any racer names on the skin, or any special sponsors or logos
5. Update the requester on skin progress
6. Ask if it is a private or public skin and mark it accordingly.
7. If it is private, ask for the requester's email address and send the skin file to that address.
8. Post only previews if private, and skin file and previews if public.
Quote from roadrash17 :I hope this becomes a sticky.

Ok, people. When you request a skin, it takes time for a skinner to find your thread. I would say wait 24-48 hours before :bump:ing your thread. And then, when you do have a response, allow the skinner to give you updates before you go and ask if it is done. Most skins are free, and people do them in their spare time. For a quality skin, it takes time. BE PATIENT. Allow 2-3 days for a skinner to complete your skin.

And for skinners, this is my suggested checklist:

1. Respond to post saying that you are willing to make the skin.
2. Be sure no one else has offered to do the skin. If someone has, wait. If it takes them a while to finish the skin, ask if you may do it as well.
3. Give an expected finished time, such as "2-3 days" or "2-3 hours"
4. Ask if they want any racer names on the skin, or any special sponsors or logos
5. Update the requester on skin progress
6. Ask if it is a private or public skin and mark it accordingly.
7. If it is private, ask for the requester's email address and send the skin file to that address.
8. Post only previews if private, and skin file and previews if public.

First of all.. the thought is good!

But what about "skinners" who doesnt look at this forum every 48 hours? 2 Days is by far no reason to bump a thread or get somewhat impatient. A reason could be when the thread is already 1 page back (for example).

The checklist is pointless, really. Because a skinner is well aware of things that bothers him, dont you think? i.E. asking if privat or not.... thats all things a requester should "check".. not the skinner!!

The whole list sounds abit like you`re upset because niel1 replyed to a request you already finished. There is no need to. Its something you both should clear up like real men xD
ROFL you really are offended by it for some reason . I just took another request you already did. Well like I said before, you should be aware that if a person is asking for a skin several will skin. The thead starter will choose what he will use in the end. No need to be so upset about it. Its only askin nothing more nothing less.

@ Jazzon nothing between us asfar as I am concerned. He takes it a bit to personal for some odd reason.
what a thread
Roadrash is like logitekg25
I am not offended...I just thought that people needed to be patient. I am tired of seeing "is it done yet?" posted every few hours.

@ JazzOn Now that I think about it, I agree...I will change that :P

I was trying to put some basic guidelines together. This is just the way I do it.

Be Patient (PLEASE READ)
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG