The online racing simulator
Rio 2016 - They made it!
(34 posts, started )
Rio 2016 - They made it!
Do you think Rio deserves to host the Olympic games? I think so. They really wanted the Olympic Games, gone after that, and it paid off hugely.
If London can get it then Rio should, they will probably do a better job too.
Yeah. London will probably f.. up... They will try and make it amazing but fail miserably in the end

And congrats to Brazil.
#4 - 5haz
Aren't they going to build the Olympic site on the Jacquerapuegua (spelling?) circuit or something? I am dissapoint.
Quote from 5haz :Aren't they going to build the Olympic site on the Jacquerapuegua (spelling?) circuit or something? I am dissapoint.

It's Jacarépagua. The circuit was destroyed for the Pan-Am Games.
It's a chame

Google Maps
Quote from Vagner :It's Jacarépagua. The circuit was destroyed for the Pan-Am Games.
It's a chame

Google Maps

Quote :As of early 2005, there were plans to partially demolish this racetrack to make room for a new sports complex to be used for the 2007 Pan American Games. It would have made the track approximately 1.67 miles (2.69 km) long, thus making it too short for most international racing series. However, the FIA's ruling on a track's minimum length is ambiguous. In 2006, despite rumors of the race being cancelled, the Brazilian Stock Car Rio event was contested on a temporary short circuit combining sections of the oval and normal circuits and the start/finish line was moved to the back stretch, which was cut short to make room for the Pan-American games venues.

Another proposal for the circuit was to have both a club permanent circuit, and an international-length half-permanent, half-car park circuit involving that circuit and an extension which utilises the car parks of the park. That would be have been designed by Hermann Tilke.

As of 2008, the 3.336 kilometres (2.073 mi) track comprises the original's second half, with a hairpin that connects the previous main straight and back straight. It remains active, with races such as Stock Car's Corrida do Milhão.

In January 2008, it was announced that the track was to be demolished to allow the city to build an Olympic Training Centre venue for the Rio de Janeiro bid for the 2016 Summer Olympics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A ... ternacional_Nelson_Piquet
Chicago possibly has it for next years.
What?

Chicago was knocked out in the first round of voting today for the same competition that Rio won.
I just thought I couldn't remember an olympic games in South America so I looked, and there's never been a games held there. That's pretty shocking. Well done, Brazil.

BTW expect the London opening ceremony to consist of some tramps with sparklers and a wedding band from the west midlands playing Mustang Sally. Times are hard.
Well done Rio, I was hoping they would win and it's nice to go to South America for the first time rather than america again! Sad about Jacarépagua though
They should have had it in Chicago. They could have demolished the ghetto to make room for it lol.
-
(batteryy) DELETED by batteryy
Quote from batteryy :why wouldnt they bring the olumpics to finland?

Sun, sand, amigas and tequillas versus snow and raindeer. hrmz. Tough call.
They could run the maraton in Korvatunturi
And they could have Elves hand out royal jelly?
Congrats Rio , but I think we had a better offer
Hopefully this will be great

However, I am not sure if I like that Rio is using 80billions (said on the news yesterday, probally in NOK value), while people suffers and living in the slums. There are some rich people there, but the mayority is people living in the slum. Use 80billions on those instead.
Hopefully they will have a better logo than this waste of £400,000

£400,000!!!!

Live For Speed devs do a shout-out on a forum for t-shirt designs, and attracts FARRRRR superior design work... for free!
Quote from Intrepid :£400,000!!!!

How the..

£400,000?!?! On a LOGO??

Ughh.. This makes me think of something I did in my drama course ,

The gov spend too much on logos and crappy things, and don't have money for anti-terror units (in our production at least), instead they have green bins outside the arena, and Gordon Brown (who I played ) said "We're hoping they'll pop their weapons in and be nice for a change!". That play actually went quite well .

Still, I hope Rio do well, they're a deserving winner
Quote from batteryy :why wouldnt they bring the olumpics to finland?

they probably will just after the winter olympics take place in egypt

actually with climate change that may be sooner than we think
There was summer olympics in Finland. 1954
I think Rio deserved to get it but i hope people wont be pick pocketed or mugged or robbed when it does come around to that time.
Thats my only real complaint, with Rio holding it.

As for that london logo, it doesnt even resemble anything in london, they could of had bridge and it still would of looked better then that.
The official slogan is out!

Rio 2016 - They made it!
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG