The online racing simulator
LFS USA Server Host
(23 posts, started )
LFS USA Server Host
hey guys

I have multi-homed colocation in Kanses USA, I could provide LFS hosting, better yet I could provide a USA 24/7 server and offer anyone wanting a USA node

Any interest? I've not had good luck with vmware thus if interested I'll look into another solution.
how much $ will it cost?
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :how much $ will it cost?

Haven't looked at LFS server costs but I'd do the same as other companies, it's the same thing just different location basically.
I am interested, since I'm a foreign exchange Student in the US. (<- 4 one Year)
I just don't know how much money I would spend for a 24/7 Server.
I'm interested, sounds like fun.

I'm from CT - I'm going to have a friend come over tomorrow and try to help me out with creating a 24/7 dedicated server on my home pc. I'm on a 3.3ghz AMD quad core with 8gb of ram - so it would run without a hitch. My connection caps out at around 80-90k/s upload as well so I think it might be smooth with 12-15 people racing on it at 40k/s max upload used. Well at least thats what the chart said that I would be using when I looked at the in game non dedicated server settings.

I'll let you guys know more when I know more about it. But I've had the game for about a week now and I'm tired of racing on 100+ ping German snob servers. I'm bringing it back home.
Quote from topslop1 :I'm interested, sounds like fun.

I'm from CT - I'm going to have a friend come over tomorrow and try to help me out with creating a 24/7 dedicated server on my home pc. I'm on a 3.3ghz AMD quad core with 8gb of ram - so it would run without a hitch. My connection caps out at around 80-90k/s upload as well so I think it might be smooth with 12-15 people racing on it at 40k/s max upload used. Well at least thats what the chart said that I would be using when I looked at the in game non dedicated server settings.

I'll let you guys know more when I know more about it. But I've had the game for about a week now and I'm tired of racing on 100+ ping German snob servers. I'm bringing it back home.

I've ran servers at my house, I have a 250kByte/sec up cap and I can host pretty full

The datacenter is part of Kansas city internet xchange the average pings for USA would be about 60MS, 120 for europe roughly (We hosted LTC) ask Mark
Quote from cmanns :I've ran servers at my house, I have a 250kByte/sec up cap and I can host pretty full

The datacenter is part of Kansas city internet xchange the average pings for USA would be about 60MS, 120 for europe roughly (We hosted LTC) ask Mark

250KByte/sec upload? that's uberslow
I haz 4MByte/sec upload, no not Mbit but MByte.
Quote from rockclan :250KByte/sec upload? that's uberslow

yes, but you live in europe... over here, we all get shafted. most home users only have 128kbps upload, which is barely anything.

i myself had to pay $100/mo for 1mbps upload...

And now your e penis is 1000m long? Wtf is the point of that reply. ****ing hate ppl like u.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :And now your e penis is 1000m long? Wtf is the point of that reply. ****ing hate ppl like u.

I have 100 MByte/sec. Do you also hate me?
Quote from Gekkibi :I have 100 MByte/sec. Do you also hate me?

If you want me to. I have 100mb/s download and 4mb/s upload

You sir have a tiny e-penis.

Bragging about speeds is nothing, you want to see what my servers can do? I'll out max your line - can't wait to have a office n the dc.

Oh and at my house we'll have either 100/80 down and 20/40 up (Not sure which but its one of those two)

Did I say I was hosting LFS at my house? Anyways your in the netherlands, thats UBER SLOW to the USA, hell most of europe is crappy hops, your ISP's disconnect & lag LFS users, etc.

Anyways, enjoy your europe nets! USA -> Europe = Always best

ON TOPIC

I'm going to look into how to get this ball rolling, sorry there'll be a delay I'm working on this and another project alone gonna flop between and try to launch both near same time.... neither I have a priority over since I would use LFS usa servers, and the other I'll use too

Sorry bout that!
good luck
If i were u i would start up a webs.com site and post pricing payment method then make it a .com (unless u are good at making websites)
Quote from cmanns :Anyways your in the netherlands, thats UBER SLOW to the USA, hell most of europe is crappy hops, your ISP's disconnect & lag LFS users, etc.

Anyways, enjoy your europe nets! USA -> Europe = Always best

That's the biggest bullsh*t I've heard today! Proof me that it's bad, since the internet in our country is pretty good actually. Do you even know anything about it? Or are you just being an typical American that says everything in Europe sucks? I bet you don't even know where Holland lays, let alone Europe.
Quote from Bose321 :That's the biggest bullsh*t I've heard today! Proof me that it's bad, since the internet in our country is pretty good actually. Do you even know anything about it? Or are you just being an typical American that says everything in Europe sucks? I bet you don't even know where Holland lays, let alone Europe.

Actually it was more-so a joke but alot of the networks out side of the USA really have issues coming into the USA, high high pings, etc. Everyone boasts how europe networks are better, sure cost wise (I've got a good friend living in UK, he works for a hosting provider) but even though it's rly close to him USA hosts are normally "quicker" at times.

The reason USA seems "behind" is theres only a few companies nation wide providing DSL, Cable, Fiber. DSL isn't going to get faster, cable can (DOCSIS 3.0 is coming out on my ISP already for example in their home state... 80/20 package as test, 3.0 supports higher though :O also Fiber companies have been offering 20mbps+ upload rates for years now.

When I hosted LTC I had 50ms ping, now that they moved back to UK (or wherever) it's 120-140+ which is almost unplayable.

Hosting LTC on my house connection I was doing 10-20 ppl avg (On a basic server) everyone boasted about the low pings, even people in other countries.... I did host a server again @ our datacenter due to me not wanting my 2mbit upload eaten.... but vmware caused some sort of packet loss lag.... thus I'm trying to figure out how to do this I'll probably give Xen a shot.
Quote from Bose321 :That's the biggest bullsh*t I've heard today! Proof me that it's bad, since the internet in our country is pretty good actually. Do you even know anything about it? Or are you just being an typical American that says everything in Europe sucks? I bet you don't even know where Holland lays, let alone Europe.

Atleast u capitalized Americans most dont have enough to capitalize that .
And yes i can vouche for the fact that Servers outside the US lag quite abit for me. I raced in a league with USA based server out of a home with 32 people racing and it lagged less then a euro server with 15 from a london HS center.
It's our size and existing networks. We have super fast network structures here, but not really to the home. Electrical signals are hard to send distance wise and we have a lot of space here in the US and Canada. Plenty of unused fiber going for super cheap if someone wants to buy it and start an ISP, but you still must get it to the homes. And economics says that using the old telephone and cable structures that are existing already is the way to go. Progressively building these structures up will lead to better and cheaper structures in time. It's like never buying a whole new PC, just upgrading the one you have one piece at a time until at one point you look down and realize you have a completely different PC then when you started. You don't have the best and not the worst and your not broke. If we throw all of our eggs in one basket at one time, then at one point we might have ancient technology.

The situation is relative to area. In the US this is what we have.

US and Canada people. We should be lucky we aren't in the situation of Mexico, S. America and Africa. A lot of Wireless technologies in those areas and gaming would be quite a challenge at times.

...and there really isn't much advantage to trying to smack someone down for their ISP technology or their Governments for that matter considering most things in the world are jacked because they are built by people and people are not gods. So what they build is not perfect.

- Jay Odom
Quote from Bose321 : Or are you just being an typical American that says everything in Europe sucks?

Are you being a typical european that assumes americans hate Europe?
Quote from Bmxtwins :If i were u i would start up a webs.com site and post pricing payment method then make it a .com (unless u are good at making websites)

A webs.com site?

I've hosted major forums and other large services over the years, I'm well established.

Sorry for the lag, we have finally migrated to a new location with over 10 providers multi-homed bandwidth, were migrating over our servers but Iv'e setup a LFS dedi vps w/a dedicated ip which should solve vmwares lag issue.

I used to host LiveToCruise (two servers maxed) on a low ram vps, worked great until after a few days vmwarenatd would eat all cpus and drop packets. If vmware doesn't work I'll be figuring out a working solution.

Does anybody want to gime some pre-configured lfs servers to launch up ?

XenServ will host 5 MAX free public servers, I don't have time atm, I need to get vmware fusion + LFS to run better, or install windows xp and dual boot OSX/XP then maybe I'll beable to figure out LFS dedi's.

However if you've done lfs dedis and would like to setup one for drift, race, etc I'll host it they will be online 24/7 and open to all people.

chris@evilpuma.com is my msn, c`mon folks lets get some USA servers online

Also I'd like to see how they run for european people, I'll post when I get a basic server up

update
Put up a test demo server, XS Public - Demo
I'd like to run S2 servers however, I'll keep this demo one for testing
Kansas is far away from Jersey :P I'm all for the nationalism thing though.

LFS USA Server Host
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG