The online racing simulator
Haters
(107 posts, started )
Quote from Infiniti :..... even though we help pick up other countries off their feet, then they flame us .....

One can say that you are very informed illepall

Personally I wish you stop "helping" other countries and start concetrating on your.
Quote from spankmeyer :Or better yet, take some really neutral and unthreatning country like Iceland or Switzerland.

Dude are you serious, have you seen those knives the swiss army carry, they could easily take someones eye out

This is racial!
Riiiiiight.
trouble is blackrabbi it doesnt matter what nationality you are, no matter what you post, if people wish too they can find something which will reinforce their stereotype view of your home country and its people. unfortunatly your argument about helping other countries etc probably isnt the best thing to type.

at the moment usa is unpopular in may parts of the world, it is patently unjust to blame any one individual in community for a country's actions (unless your really george w bush (joke)).

unfortunatly there are always idiots in every community, be they online or real world. hence you get the agro from idiots online and you heard of attacks on muslims after 9/11 even though they obviously had nothing to do with the attacks, they ,like you, were just the wrong "type" in the wrong place at the wrong time, or rather the right "type" in the right place at the right time for someone to vent their feelings.

these people that gave you problems may actually have a genuine dislike of USA, in which case they shouldn't take it out on you, or more likely they decided it would be fun to wind you up, in which case they succeeded. as mentioned before anything like this happens, save a record of it, contact admins etc, don't rely on just posting here as its just their word against yours.
People will look for any excuse to take a pop, heck I have been called "Limey" (not that I even know what it means) by Americans, but so what, just ignore it.

At the end of the day, who gives a flying frig what some guy sitting at his PC thinks about you?.

Dan,
Its sad that only the innocent people are involved, in sure no one learn anything from WW1 WW2, I don't even remember what I had for breakfast last Wednesday, do you? Do any of you?
As long as human stupidity exists so will racism..
Quote from bubbles :I don't even remember what I had for breakfast last Wednesday, do you? Do any of you?

Yep, 3 Shredded Wheat with semi-skimmed milk, and a cup of tea, same as every morning

Dan,
Thats not strictly Remembering though is it Dan. That's just routine.

And for the Limey question . . .

During the naval days of the Great British Empire (Another expantionist, empirical, tyranical, do gooding nation if ever there was one. You gotta watch those Brits.) scurvy was a common problem abourd ships. (Scurvy is Vit C deficientcy. Causes rickets and a whole host of other problems.) To combat that the British Navy and long voyage ships would carry Limes as they are high in Vit C. Thus limes . . Limeys.

Not really a derogatory term I've always thought. More of a 'hey, thats a good idea. Why didn't we think of that' kinda name.
Quote from bubbles :Its sad that only the innocent people are involved, in sure no one learn anything from WW1 WW2, I don't even remember what I had for breakfast last Wednesday, do you? Do any of you?
As long as human stupidity exists so will racism..

What? Germans did learn a lot! I would say that there is no other country in the whole world where the poeple are as afraid as the german public of upcoming rascism in there own country! We did learn... every damn schoolboy works at least 3 or 4 times on the topic WW2 in school. Sorry for beeing harsh, but i can't hear this "nobody learns from history" stuff anymore.

So, let's stop talkin about politics. They aren't interesting while racing as long as the fuel isn't too expensive and as long as i rock all the british damon hill mates on the track :P (ONLY JOCKIN)

greets,
Warper
Thick skin is compulsory for anyone wishing to enjoy LFS. Self criticism is also a 'must have' ability I reckon
Quote from Gentlefoot :Thick skin is compulsory for anyone wishing to enjoy LFS.

You mean like *really* dark colors or just many many layers of stickers?
Quote :as long as the fuel isn't too expensive

LOL... Probably not the best statement to make, given the topic !
Quote from Warper : and as long as i rock all the british damon hill mates on the track :P

What? Who's Damon Hill anyway? Didnt he get toasted by Mansell on Top Gear?
Hill beat Schumacher in an inferior car, Mansell may or may not be better, but you cannot take that away from Damon. He would have won twice too if the German representative (sorry couldnt resist that given the thread) hadn't cheated so many times to get his first title, especially at that last race in Aussie when he'd already crashed out then drove back onto the track specifically to take Damon out of the race too.

So yeah, our definately not a nazi has learned from history German friend here can 'rock' the Damon fans all he likes on the track. I've got a lot of respect for Damon, so bring it on
Quote from Becky Rose :LOL... Probably not the best statement to make, given the topic !

WTF... sorry for that

Quote from Vykos69 :What? Who's Damon Hill anyway? Didnt he get toasted by Mansell on Top Gear?

Atleast Webber was about 3 seconds faster then him in the reasonably prized car.

Quote from Becky Rose :So yeah, our definately not a nazi has learned from history German friend here can 'rock' the Damon fans all he likes on the track. I've got a lot of respect for Damon, so bring it on

I'm not as good in english - i hope that was ment to be sarcastic! Otherwise are your last sentences only laughable - sorry And the rest? Don't let us discuss about a boring topic which had been discussed sooo many times - i just tried to turn this thread away from these erneast politc discussion!

Greets,
Warper
you think there are no rfactor players that dislike U.S-ians?
I think this is a healthy discussion for us all. And by the looks of things everyone is handling this very well. None of us make the policies that our leaders employ. I for one am pleased to be a part of such a global community that for the most part seems to get along just fine.

I think some lessons can be learned right here. We all have at least one thing in common here, LFS. It brings us together in a competitive environment, and yet most folks are more than willing to help one another with advice, set-ups and the like.

Sure there are times when flaming occurs, or a slur is tossed at another. But for the most part, this is the most globally united online community I've participated in. Unlike the last one I was into, which totally broke down over international issues. Not a sim, not a shooter... a simple game of online pool.

Be proud, LFS'ers. The world could learn a lesson from this community.
Can't everyone just get along?

hehe

:dopey:
Quote from theblackrabbi :I'm not sure if the LFS community is as great as everyone says now, and I just might go on to play more Rfactor because of these 3 people

I guess the tricky bit is we're still on the internets, where opinions need no backing arguments and everyone happily shares without much thought, and i just generalized a few million billion internet users, sorry.
Quote :I'm not as good in english - i hope that was ment to be sarcastic!

Nope, I was saying 'lets race'... You can beat on this Damon fan all you like...

I think when it comes to lessons learned from the Nazi's i'd say Britain and America perhaps have the shortest memory of all. Bush even used Hitler as a comparison for Hussein in the build up to the war, which I found interesting and ironic, and even more ironic considering the British tenacity to remember the war whenever a German is within 800 yards.

We could all do with a little less pride on ocassion. It's not as if the blood of our ancestors actually courses through our veins, if it did, we'd actually die out pretty quickly because of all the new diseases we've grown immune to over the centuries...
Quote from theblackrabbi :Hi I haven't played this game in a month now, so I'm getting back into it. I love it as always but I had a very bad experience against 3 players. As soon as I mentioned I was from the USA the started hating against me, saying F the US, F me, and then on the first race crashed me right away.

I'm not sure if the LFS community is as great as everyone says now, and I just might go on to play more Rfactor because of these 3 people, Metal Headshot, Campos_MIC (Marcio Campos, and gsbr ([VTA]GR-R)

Thanks guys for killing my experience. I'm not whining but this is baby shit. They booted me for no reason after, so this just adds to my frustration a bit, especially since in trying to get back into the game I loved not too long ago. illepall

These 3 people are brazilian racers, and we are investigating about your complaint. If confirmed our bad suspect, they'll be punished under our rules (www.lfsbr.com).
Quote :Can't everyone just get along?

Can 20 cars get through T1 of Blackwood without incident?
I know some of these guys, and...

If this really happened, I doubt that it was without a cause.
I think this thread has actually shown how grown up some of us are. I second the motion that this is one of the better Forums around. The last thing we should do when issues such as this arise is hide from them and sweep them under the 'this is not LFS related' carpet.

Unfortuanatly it is LFS related because it occured whilst playing LFS. Hopefully The BlackRabbi dude (What a curious name btw.) can come back on, read through and feel that A: something has been done about his grievence and B: that the community understand his feelings and C: We have feelings and advice of our own.

All given in a grown up and sensible manner.

Bravo.

Let's have a group hug.

Not too hard, I'm only little.

Aww, man. I feel so blessed.

Haters
(107 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG