The online racing simulator
Where can I get one of these?
(26 posts, started )
#1 - v1rg0
hahahah typical beeb!

actually tbf i was at a retrokart meet the other week and there was this twin gearbox kart and the sound it made was absolutely ferocious!!!
omg, its not even sync
Wow, they shouldn't have bothered putting sound on that video... They played the same sound effect three times in a row, praying nobody would notice.
#5 - JJ72
ROFL what a cock up!
I've seen LFS videos with better sync than this.
Jees even Gills sounds are better than this, only just mind!

(hides from gills)

Edit: only kidding
:grumpy:
That sounds like is was dubbed by the guys who do the 1970's Kung Fu movies.
What makes it even worse is they seem to have used exactly the same piece of sound recording for each shot.

This is a fail of epic proportions if I ever saw one.
It doesn't load here

edit: It does in Chrome. ROFLMAO!!
Too funny. I guess it's an example of what happens when someone that has absolutely no knowledge and even less interest in the subject matter does the job.

It's like the 3d graphics in the WSBK broadcasts, wheels turning but brake disc/rotor not turning! Or look at the 3d animations used by ITVF1 during the last few years. The people doing these things don't have a clue and probably couldn't care less.
Quote from sinbad :Too funny. I guess it's an example of what happens when someone that has absolutely no knowledge and even less interest in the subject matter does the job.

It's like the 3d graphics in the WSBK broadcasts, wheels turning but brake disc/rotor not turning! Or look at the 3d animations used by ITVF1 during the last few years. The people doing these things don't have a clue and probably couldn't care less.

The only difference is you had to pay for that bloke to put that soundtrack over Massa's kart unlike the ITV stuff
#14 - 5haz
A thread involving Karting and the BBC, it was inevitably going to come to this. :doh:
Quote from Intrepid :The only difference is you had to pay for that bloke to put that soundtrack over Massa's kart unlike the ITV stuff

Yes, true, but then I got something through the letter box today from our local council's "Waste Awareness Officer" (add hyphen wherever you see fit), so it's not uncommon for me to feel like our tax moneys are being squandered. The BBC is far from the worst culprit.
The sad thing is most people probably didn't even notice / care. WTF.

I expected something bad, but not THAT bad.
Maybe they added the F1 kind of sound deliberately, or maybe they just fcuked up, but with it being the BBC, the latter seems most likely!
What the hell...?! :chairfall
Sounds so distant too.
Maybe they were having a laugh, and knew only motorsport geeks would know/care and it would give us all a laugh
-
(v1rg0) DELETED by v1rg0
They've updated it overnight. Now it fades out as the F1 samples come in.
Bit of a bump, but for anybody who's interested:

Quote :Hi,

Thank you for your email and feedback on our Formula 1 coverage.

This clip originated from a news agency who gave us permission to use
it. The sound had been added by them.

It wasn't until after the clip was published we noticed the sound issue
and removed the overdubbed sound completely from the video as you can
hear from the story now live on the website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/8282096.stm

Kind regards,
BBC Sport Interactive

In other words:

We are complete idiots who dont bother checking the video clips we are being provided before uploading them to the nation.

Please forgive us.
#25 - 5haz
Quote from DevilDare :In other words:

We are complete idiots who dont bother checking the video clips we are being provided before uploading them to the nation.

Please forgive us.

You don't seem to bother checking your comments before you uploading them to the nation.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG