The online racing simulator
Alonso signs a 5 year deal with Ferrari?
Quote from SportsDeskLive :Alonso has reportedly signed a 5-year-deal with Ferrari. He becomes the 1st Spanish rider at Ferrari since Alfonso de Portago in 1956-57.

Just saw this on Twitter... No one else seems to have this news yet though?

Edit: a Dutch sports magazine's website reports about the deal too.. Source is a Spanish radio channel called Cadena Ser, they say it's a 5 year deal, with an option for a 6th year, that Alonso uses a clause in the Renault contract and that he will earn €25 million per year at Ferrari.

The deal should be announced officially on thursday... Would mean we finally have a true fighter in a Ferrari cockpit again... can't wait!!
Public secret to be confirmed on the press conference this thursday

Raikkonen + Hamilton vs Alonso + Massa

Bring it on!
Quote from BurnOut69 :Public secret to be confirmed on the press conference this thursday

Raikkonen + Hamilton vs Alonso + Massa

Bring it on!

Ya, that would be awsome, the best and fastest drivers in the world gotta be Raikkonen, Hamilton, Alonso and Massa.
Best teammates together gotta be Raikkonen and Hamilton, so if the car is "good" in 2010 i bet they will dominate the year
#4 - JJ72
Kimi vs Hamilton, it's gonna be interesting. Will they mix at all?

On the other hand Ferrari is all Latino heat.
Umm... how about Kimi? Career end?... or back to McLaren to replace Kovi?

Anyway, can't wait for Thursday.
1. Kimi to McLaren - sucks
2. Alonso to Ferrari - hell yeah!
Quote from JJ72 :Kimi vs Hamilton, it's gonna be interesting. Will they mix at all?

One likes to party and is so laid back he's almost horizontal, the other seems to be devoid of any personalty and is afraid to show his true self on TV, with the father orchestrating his every move.

Is it me, or does this sound like one of those 1970's American feel good comedy programs where one goes on a journey of self discovery, only to learn important life lessons along the way?
Quote from JJ72 :Kimi vs Hamilton, it's gonna be interesting. Will they mix at all?

On the other hand Ferrari is all Latino heat.

Uffff, four first line drivers in two teams, this is going to be a strategy headache!!

BTW, for now this is only rumour, Ferrari is supposed to announce it in Japan, but with the Banco Santander sponsorship of Ferrari, this seems very very possible.
Well, there goes my cheering for Ferrari. Guess I'm on the Brawn bandwagon now...
gwan mclaren
Quote from MAGGOT :Well, there goes my cheering for Ferrari. Guess I'm on the Brawn bandwagon now...

I might start cheering for Ferrari now.
I think Alonso and Hamilton have looked lost over the last 2 years since they split as team mates. They both need the in-house competition to thrive, and while Alonso moaned about his time at McLaren I think 2007 was his best year as a racing driver. To finally have someone as a team mate that was more than a match is what drives talent forward.

Now with Alonso at Ferrari (still not 100% confirmed) and Hamilton at mcLaren should be good viewing. McLaren LOVE Kimi so that'll be interesting as well.
Quote from Intrepid :McLaren LOVE Kimi so that'll be interesting as well.

But Kimi hated McLaren's corporate dictatorship over his personal life. If Haug and Whitmarsh can resist the temptation to dictate Kimi's choice of hair-style, the amount of drink he consumes at parties, or his choice of pole-dancer, then they'll get along just fine. Ron Dennis was unable to control those urges, hence the break-up.

Alonso at Ferrari... hmmm. He and Massa aren't exactly bum-buddies. But I'm sure that Montezemolo would have made it very clear to Alonso what his place is in the team. That was the problem at McLaren - promise of #1 status which never came.
it'll be interesting to see if alonso's and massa's driving styles are compatable. if not ferrari may end up with a car that either suits one driver more than the other or can be adjusted to suit both but isn't an optimum design for either.

same story at mclaren, can they drive each others setups or will they struggle to keep both happy
Back and once again cheering for Mclaren if Kimi joins next year! Kimi had some of the best racing when he drove the Mclaren, but was always unlucky due to equipment failure etc. Really hope hes going to replace Heikki, Heikki should go back and race formula Ford where he belongs!

As for Alonso joining Ferrari baah, Massa is no. 1 in that team next year if he recovers fully..
Quote from TexasLTU :Umm... how about Kimi? Career end?... or back to McLaren to replace Kovi?

Anyway, can't wait for Thursday.

Rumours are:
Kimi -> McLaren
Kovalainen -> Williams
Rosberg -> Brawn
Kubica -> Renault
Alonso -> Ferrari

Just rumours, you know
Quote from Mackie The Staggie : the other seems to be devoid of any personalty and is afraid to show his true self on TV, with the father orchestrating his every move.

Change the record already, you've been blasting this nonsense for two seasons now. Did you even watch the post race video from last weekend? If not, I suggest you do.
be interesting if kovalainen is at williams and the hulk gets the other seat, will allow a fair comparison of hulkenberg's pace against kovalainen and hence against hamilton. plus over 4 seasons we'll have been able to compare hamilton v kimi v massa v alonso v hamilton.
And on Autosport

Sweeeeeet!

Now, commence the rest of the driver jigsaw puzzle falling into place..
Yeah, just saw it. Very nice, looking forward to see him drive in the Ferrari. Also interesting to see how fast he is compared to Massa.

Shame about Kimi though, he's a great driver.... But yeah, if you have to chose..... Alsonso
Kimi back to McLaren then.

Otherwise its :sadbanana
Well, i hope that he gets now a competitive car..
It'll be quite amusing if Ferrari are off the pace next year, and Renault are challenging for the title... Anyway, worst kept secret in F1 doesn't surprise me. In fact, I was over the news several months (years) before it was announced.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG