The online racing simulator
Which speakers?
(17 posts, started )
Which speakers?
Ok, i am probably not the only one who have ever opened thread like that, but i found only threads regarding technical assistance with speakers, etc. This one is about buying .
Okay, i am searching for as good speakers for max. 60 Euros, as possible. I know that i cant get the world with that money and that i cant lose realy much, but anyway, i am sure that some of you have some good suggestions about it. I will be using them mainly for LFS and movies/seires from time to time. My sound card is Realtek AC97 Audio.
Thank you for your replies .
It depends, if you want to watch movies and experience the 5.1 sound then go with the 5.1. But if you want to play games, listen to music then i would recommend to go with 2.0 system - just stereo, no extra woofer. Tell us more, what u would want to do with them, music for sure but other stuff
#3 - Jakg
For 60 *insert currency here* 5.1 = generic or Logitech X-540's which are both awful.

2.1 would be a much much better idea at that price-range.
Quote from Jakg :For 60 *insert currency here* 5.1 = generic or Logitech X-540's which are both awful.

2.1 would be a much much better idea at that price-range.

As i got experience myself with 2.1 systems. Its not a good idea, a simple pair of stereo speakers are the best choice in my opinion. In 2.1 systems, its possible that the phase of sub/satellites is out. And in systems like logitech and similar to these, u cant modify the phase. And if its out of phase then u will lose about 30%+ of the bass/low frequencies and that kills the experience. A pair of 50w stereo speakers will do more than u would ever expect, make sure its a known brand and let us know what u choose.

For example of wattage, i love my Stereo 2x90w speakers much more than the z5500 i had once. Stereo outperforms 5.1 systems in music, in my opinion - also in movies and games.
Hmm, i was thinking about Logitech X-230 2.1. People are saying that they're good and they're just in that price also.
Quote from thezero :Hmm, i was thinking about Logitech X-230 2.1. People are saying that they're good and they're just in that price also.

My cousin has those, cant say anything bad but ... theyr like all of the logitechs are.

But also, one thing is that how enthusiast you are at sound/music and that stuff, u listen to 3000kbps+ quality music or something? Just asking, because if u want quality - go with a bit expensive system. But for "just sound", these would be okay too.
Am I missing something, but who in the world listens to 3000+? >_>.
I listen to flacs mainly through some hd595's and they seem to average between like 800-2000, and my few cd's apear to be like 1400 :\.

Exagaration or am I missing something?
Quote from jimaxx :Am I missing something, but who in the world listens to 3000+? >_>.
I listen to flacs mainly through some hd595's and they seem to average between like 800-2000, and my few cd's apear to be like 1400 :\.

Exagaration or am I missing something?

Its most likely my bad then, for example: when i heard a 3000kbps+ quality song for first time ... All the mp3's to 192kbps quality sound crap
We're talking about lossless formats here, the bitrate is irrelevant. A 16 bit, 44.1kHz Stereo Wave has a bitrate of 1411 kbps, that's simply the amount of data there is. 16 bit, sampled 44100 times per second times two because there are two channels

24 bit at 96kHz (Audio DVD) would be 2304kbps per channel, that's probably what hazaky got to hear.

€: To clarify, the bitrate is not irrelevant, but lossless formats do not compress audio to fit a target bitrate.
Well yea, but we're going a bit offtopic. Im still recommendid a simple pair of stereo speakers.
logitech z4's sound good to me - I'm not an audiophile though.
A pair of powered studio monitors?
Hmm i got logitech x540's and to be honest they are pretty dam good for the money i paid, £70 is a bargan for these speakers, i have got speakers which cost £140+ at the other house and quality is as good as x540's.
My opinion: x540's aint the loudest i've ever heard but unless you live in the middle of a forest these are quite sufficient.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from jakeeatworld :Hmm i got logitech x540's and to be honest they are pretty dam good for the money i paid, £70 is a bargan for these speakers, i have got speakers which cost £140+ at the other house and quality is as good as x540's.
My opinion: x540's aint the loudest i've ever heard but unless you live in the middle of a forest these are quite sufficient.

You managed to find £140 speakers that are worse than X-540's? jesus christ...!

The X-540's are rubbish beyond all belief - I actually preferred my cheaper Creative 2.1's to using them.
i managed - no my dad managed - yes - he still needs me to tell him how to use a mobile phone, hopefully now you understand.

But still seriously, x540's aint bad, i know you had them and you know yourself what they sound like but i find mine superb, although matrix button does.... ummm nothing
Quote from wheel4hummer :A pair of powered studio monitors?

Do you not mean HI-FI Moniters?

Arent studio moniters the type of things...in studio's for like checking for problems such and such, thus they lack charactaristics for enjoying music more such as low end?

(I MAY BE WRONG )
Quote from jimaxx :Do you not mean HI-FI Moniters?

Arent studio moniters the type of things...in studio's for like checking for problems such and such, thus they lack charactaristics for enjoying music more such as low end?

(I MAY BE WRONG )

Studio monitors ... theyr okay for everything. They have a point only if u got a good sound card. Studio monitors (also hi-end speakers) can play lots of frequencys at the same time when regular speaker starts to distort.

Which speakers?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG