The online racing simulator
"Another" Black Screen Thread (solved after reinstall)
I´ve played LFS for many years, since S1 actually.

Got a new PC with Nvidia 9800GTX+ and the game loads, menu screen ok, load servers ok, after choose a server to race, it loads like normal, when it should jump into the server, it turns on a black screen, i have to Alt+Tab to go to windows and crt+alt+del it...

i´ve tried to change video options on menu screen, funny is that sometimes the game can load and i can race, but not anymore, black screen is my LFS racing nowadays.

Been reading all about black screens and stuff, can´t find any solution for my problem.

any other game like crisis or GTA4 runs beautifuly...

sorry about the same old "black screen" thread again, but getting desperate not racing for months.

any ideas?
Is there any chance that ur using enbseries? If yes, then try to run it without it. Some configurations dont work on several/some cards.
Quote from hazaky :Is there any chance that ur using enbseries? If yes, then try to run it without it. Some configurations dont work on several/some cards.

Thanks for replying.

enbseries? whats that?

please continue.
Quote from tailou :Thanks for replying.

enbseries? whats that?

please continue.

ENBSeries is basically a bloom addon, but if ur not using then ok.

Try to update your drivers (if not up-to-date) and try to select default settings for LFS application in nVidia 3D settings. I havnt used nvidia card for some time but it should be somewhere in the nVidia settings.
But dealing with the gfx card settings shouldn´t be when any other game has problems? It only happens with LFS.
i´ll try the settings later when i get home.

Thanks in advance.
No problem

Also, one thing i would like to reccommend, what everyone does ... try to reinstall lfs
Quote from hazaky : Also, one thing i would like to reccommend, what everyone does ... try to reinstall lfs

No need.

Just remove card_cfg.txt and cfg.txt.
Quote from Shadowww :No need.

remove it from where? what file?

edit:
found those in LFS folder... delete them?

edit:
cant delete them, ive try it and the game wont even show the intro and 1st page
Quote from Shadowww :No need.

I would say no to this, kinda.

The problem may be also in other files, cfg basically works for settings only. Im not 100% sure because i dont know, but i know that there can be much more files that can ruin it.
Just tried the game again, is like this:

it all goes perfect, till the list of hosts...

choose one host, it starts to load, begin loading textures and it stalls at 85%... after 20 seconds it jumps into a perfect black screen, with my mouse pointer still there.
If ur running it on fullscreen, then try to use windowed mode. See what happens.

SHIFT+F4 to go in windowed mode.
Check your DDS folder.
Wont work, windowed won't jump into black screen, but the game stalls... exactly when loading host textures into 85%.

We are getting closer.
It may be the DDS, it should say what's it loading. But, try to download a fresh lfs - im kinda suspicious about this, it may be in ur lfs.
Quote from hazaky :It may be the DDS, it should say what's it loading. But, try to download a fresh lfs - im kinda suspicious about this, it may be in ur lfs.

ok, nothing to loose anyway, going to delete all and get a fresh install.

report back later
SOLVED!

Reinstall (swear i did that before, but whatever...) the game and it works fine fine fine.

Didnt uninstall or delete anything, didnt download anything, just found the alpha Z exe and re-installed it on the same folder I always had the LFS.

it works perfectly.

Thanks for all who spent some brain cells on this.

special thanks for hazaky, LFS is special because of guys like you being part of the community.

See you all in-race.
Anytime m8, happy racing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG