The online racing simulator
Jedi Religion Discrimination
(86 posts, started )
In Tesco's

Got to love Tesco's PR depertment though for this belter though

Quote :Tesco said: "He hasn't been banned. Jedis are very welcome to shop in our stores although we would ask them to remove their hoods.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all appeared hoodless without ever going over to the Dark Side and we are only aware of the Emperor as one who never removed his hood."

:chairfall

People these days.....
May the force be with him.
:jedi:
He should destroy Tesco's death star!
TBH I think a Hijab would be a better garment for them in Tescos...
#5 - 5haz
I actually wouldn't be suprised if Tesco were building a death star, the way they have spead throughout the nation like an imperial army and make £3 billion a year whilst their own brand stuff is still awful suggests to me that all the money is going into something sinister.
#6 - JJ72
they should have called Chad Vader over.
Quote from JJ72 :they should have called Chad Vader over.

I don't think his day manager skills would be sufficient
Why didn't he just use the force on the Tesco guys?

Oh right, because he isn't a real Jedi.

What a waste of time...
#9 - dadge
but at the same time, he can put Jedi on his application forms......how cool is that?
Someone needs to tell him that Star Wars was A FECKING FILM.
"If Jedi walk around our stores with their hoods on, they'll miss lots of special offers." - AHAHAHAHAH! Fan-****ing-tastic.

I put down "Jedi" as my religion at college for a joke back in 2002, if I'd have known it was a full blown religion I wouldn't have bothered as it is less funny.
I put down Jedi on a census some years back, at times i've been a pastafarian and a jammy dodgerist on official forms, currently i'm an ambivillentist, and next probably just anarchist.

I did however meet Darth Vader at the Brookfield farm (Waltham Cross) store a few decades back, and his face definitely was not visible. As a Tesco employee he should have adhered to Tesco store policy.

It is also further evidence of Tesco's being aligned to the dark side.
Apparently a load of people put "jedi" on their census, and enough people did it they had to make Jedi an official religion xD
since i live reasonably close to both this chap and the store perhaps i should add that this guy and his mate have started a jedi church in holyhead !!

oh and one day they had some one dressed as a superhero jump into their garden, confront them with a light saber (ok it was a stick but the superhero said it was his light saber ) and then disappeared back over the fence. pretty much a normal day in holyhead
Quote from brandons48 :Apparently a load of people put "jedi" on their census, and enough people did it they had to make Jedi an official religion xD

Urban Legend, the whole 'they'll have to recognise it as a religion' is rubbish. Anyone who put down 'Jedi' got it recorded as 'other'.

I did it (I was a cRaZy AnD zAnY sTuDeNt at the time :rolleyes: )
As funny as this is, if it did go to court Jedi-jackass there would probably win.

The shame of modern society.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Urban Legend, the whole 'they'll have to recognise it as a religion' is rubbish. Anyone who put down 'Jedi' got it recorded as 'other'.

I did it (I was a cRaZy AnD zAnY sTuDeNt at the time :rolleyes: )

Indeed:
Quote :Jedi was assigned its own code in the United Kingdom for census processing, the number 896. Officials from the Office for National Statistics pointed out that this merely means that it has been registered as a common answer to the "religion" question. John Pullinger, Director of Reporting and Analysis for the Census, noted that many people who would otherwise not have completed a Census form did so solely to record themselves as Jedi, so this joke helped to improve the quality of the Census. The Office of National Statistics revealed the total figure in a press release entitled "390,000 Jedis there are".

This little gem made me chortle though:
Quote :In England and Wales 390,127 people (almost 0.8 percent) stated their religion as Jedi on their 2001 Census forms, surpassing Sikhism, Judaism, and Buddhism, and making it the fourth largest reported religion in the country.

Quote from wiki article :the office of national statistics revealed the total figure in a press release entitled "390,000 jedis there are"

Massive LOL
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :after all, it happened a long long time ago, in a far far away place...

look i know north west wales is a bit out of the way and we're a bit behind the times but there's no need to go that far
Quote from dadge :but at the same time, he can put Jedi on his application forms......how cool is that?

If anyone has the song Air - Kelly Watch The Stars, turn it on and look at this guys avatar. FREAKY.

Sorry for being OT.
Quote from tristancliffe :Someone needs to tell him that Star Wars was A FECKING FILM.

++

thank you.

this reminds me of that futurama episode where people were worshipping star trek like it was some religion... makes me shudder just thinking about it.
I know the whole scenario appears to be a little on the comical side, however I have to say having read the article I am more than a little concerned about the way the Tesco staff behaved. If he's giving a true account of the situation, I think their behaviour is completey out of order.

If I were the guy, I would be making a formal complaint about the way I was treated also. It's not acceptable for staff to intimidate, (or anywhere close to infact), any member of the public irrespective of what the company policy might be on dress code in the supermarket. They are there to SERVE.

I could have a rather long rant about the behaviour of supermarket employees at this point, but I won't because I actually woke up in a rarther good mood and I'm not going to spoil the rest of my day.
Lol, just read the wiki article about Jediism, sounds more or less similar to Buddhism, someone put the full census on the german page, its not on the english one and i can't be bothered to translate it
No, lighsabers are not mentioned

(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG