The online racing simulator
Come With Me || 2009 || Live For Speed
(23 posts, started )
#1 - Tarc
Hi guys!

It's been a while. I just wanted to post a video that I started doing quite a while ago (>half a year) and I only finished it now.
I had posted it on LFSdrift.net some weeks ago as well.
This is for entertainment, not a storybook

Watch on YouTube HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCR9-b43PMI&hd=1

Download HD:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LM2QA7KU
[233 MB, 1280x800, 40 FPS 30 FPS, 7.5 Mbps]

Tracklist in order:
B Soul: Come With Me
B Soul: WTF
Venetian Snares: Szamár Madár
Ruf: Want Some Crack?
Natasja: Ildebrand I Byen (2000F Remix)
Current Value: Battlefield

Download the mix:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2 ... ome%20With%20Me%20OST.mp3

About this video:

This video -as all my videos- was made for my love for MUSIC most importantly.
Making the audiomix at the beginning is an important part for me.
Sometimes I'm told I might use "too much" effects.
This shows some misunderstanding: I don't put effects to make it look "cool" or popular; I want to set a mood so I'll do what's needed.
This video is meant to have a dark theme and be kinda weird and dragged at times.
Btw, I could always edit MORE -it's just a matter of time really.

If I was to make a realistic car video, I would obviously put in different effects /if any/. My videos are meant to go well with music basically.
I think the kind of videos I make would be more similar to AMVs, where there is no story either, the whole video is about editing and syncing; about music.

Well, blabla, I've always done my videos without any intention of appealing to the masses or making "teh best" lfs video or anything at all.

It's about music.
I've started music production as well, have a MIDI keyboard, so I'll be able to express myself in another way, creating music -right now it's making videos to express my love and focus on details in music, (with too much effects and syncing). I'd work with other/real footage of any sorts as well, only to express something to the music I mix for it (see my Limewax mix)

So, just Enjoy it!
-Tarc
Heavy duty editing done right...

Nice one.
That's probably the best audio/video sync i've ever seen
#4 - STF
I clicked the link and watched the video first, without reading your post, and thinking as I watched: "The audio part is brilliant, so calming yet energetic, everything is fluent, and the movie it's built around it."
I was not a (big) fan of this music genre, but i can tell you this video had some side-effects(no pun intended), I like it now.

Editing/sync was perfect, goes without saying.

Good job, I enjoyed it.
Hm, and what did the forum mods say about using illegal mods?

The video is quite okay, just not my style.
4/5
#6 - BAMBO
Quote from nikopdr :Hm, and what did the forum mods say about using illegal mods?

Basically, you're allowed to post pics and make vids while using illegal mods, it's just that you're not allowed to share them.
#7 - Tarc
Thanks all for the comments so far!
@STF: I really like the comment, I'm glad the efforts of building around the audio can be sensed that much. As that's my only intention! Making the music visible.

I appreciate all comments.

Illegal mods, well, to be honest it never occured to me to think about it. There is 3-4 cars that's suitable for drifting so I don't care using a chassis mod, we all paid for the game anyway. (but I do know it's not really legal otherwise.)
Thanks for sharing Tarc!
OK. Nice vid.

For my taste however, way too much efects.....
Quote from BAMBO :Basically, you're allowed to post pics and make vids while using illegal mods, it's just that you're not allowed to share them.

o rly?

Quote from chavm481 :is posting mod screen shots illegal?

Quote from Victor :yes and I'm surprised many of you who have been here for years still don't know that.

Quote from Deutschland2007 :o rly?

As far as the forums are concerned:
Rules
Quote :4) Any "mods" - modifications to the Live for Speed exe, must be discussed with a moderator before being released on the forum. If a mod is approved by a moderator, it may then be released in the appropriate section of the forum. Please do not contact a developer as we do not support mods and do not have the time to deal with them. Any mods which change the shape of a car model, or which allow online cheating or circumvent HLVC, will be rejected.

Posting pictures or videos of a modification is allowed. Posting the modification itself without approval is not. A short post in one of the largest threads on the board doesn't count.

As for using mods, the license agreement (the only binding agreement between the user and Scavier) does not contain any information regarding modifications to the game.
So Vic was just bullshitting us?
I'd say so

lol
I would too, just to stop it from happening.

Good video as always Tarc.
#15 - aoun
I loved the video, not really my sytle, but it was professional. Sync was perfect, music blended perfect with the effects and video itself!

Ill give a 5/5
Quote from NotAnIllusion :So Vic was just bullshitting us?

Or he didn't know him self... That's something that should obviously be in the license agreement.
The KING of LFS Drift movies.

Absolute awesome and very good taste in ALL DETAILS.

5 stars here and in Youtube.
#18 - Tarc
Quote from Lynce :The KING of LFS Drift movies.

Absolute awesome and very good taste in ALL DETAILS.

5 stars here and in Youtube.

Oh wow (-about 'king')
What a nice comment, I really appreciate it!
So far I've received various feedbacks, and I was wondering what others with more insight,who's also into editing much,would say. I'm relieved to hear your opinion and such certainly does motivate me to keep going.
I'm glad you -and most people- like it.
It's interesting to see how different people have different tastes and some finds it amazing and some just doesn't like the music/effects/something.
As with everything, it can't satisfy everybody!

From now on I'd do short 1-2 mins videos, it will allow me to work with more music
Veryy Nice. Well done mate!
Tarc, great video, as always...
Awesome as always bud! i miss those great drift battles with you
#22 - Tarc
@amodabestdood; @nesrulz: cheers people, glad you like it!

Quote from e2mustang :Awesome as always bud! i miss those great drift battles with you

thanks to you too, and we can drift again any time
Holy shi-, how could I miss this?!

11/10, definatively.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG