The online racing simulator
Quote from Austin Hedley :...The warning we witnessed on the test server was (id_main_careful not found), as it doesnt seem to apply to anything else in the script I simply removed it. All seems well.

Ah, I see what I did.

I copied the whole of my Event OnRaceStart( $NumP ) section and put in the lapper file that I change. The first line of which is

Quote :globalRcm( langEngine( "%{main_careful}%" ) );

In my Language section, I have the following to go with it

Quote :main_careful = "^1REMEMBER: ^7Let's be careful out there!";

So this message will appear when you're lined up on the grid waiting for race to start.

But I didn't paste this into the lapper file I changed.
Cheers for that sinanju, I did try adding a a similar main_careful to test it out and it worked, but then wanted to try a two line message using %nl% between the text which didnt work (using rcm).
Is the only way to use %nl% in a main_* to use a button instead?
Probably.

But making a button's easy enough.

Two ways of doing it -

Try something like

Quote :openGlobalButton( "racestart",50,65,100,12,8,5,0,"^0Austin Hedley wishes you allf%nl%^1GOOD LUCK!";

With this, you don't need to have a language file.

Put this in your Event OnRaceStart( $NumP ) # Lapper event section, before the EndEvent part of the script.

OR

If you're going to have language file:

Quote :openGlobalButton( "racestart",50,65,100,12,8,5,0,langEngine( "%{main_racestart}%" ));

Then in the LANG "EN" section, add something like

Quote :main_racestart = "^0Austin Hedley wishes you allf%nl%^1GOOD LUCK!";

This is a clear button called "racestart", with centred text (the 0 at end of numbers, 100 wide, 50 in from left (so will leave space of 50 at end of button, which makes it centred), 65 down from top (out of 200 - so about a third of way down screen), etc, etc).

If doing it the language way, assuming you don't know another language, check with something like google translator, and put translated message in your LANG "FR" section

Quote :main_racestart = "^0Austin Hedley vous souhaite à tousf%nl%^1BONNE CHANCE!";

May not be exactly right, but shows you're putting in the effort, and might be a giggle for the French speaking drivers.
hello
First of all thank you for this script
I wonder if c is possible to add items and remove them manually

I would like to know if I share this piece of script I may do a

------------------------------------------------------------

bonjour
tout d'abord merci pour ce script
je voudrais savoir si c est possible de rajouter des points et de les enlever manuelement
je voudrait savoir si je part de ce morceau de script je peut arriver a le faire

$Username = GetCurrentPlayerVar( "Username" );
SetCurrentPlayerVar( "ps_race_points",(($ps_max_points+1) - GetCurrentPlayerVar( "FinishedPos" ) ) );
SetCurrentPlayerVar( "ps_points_total",getUserStoredValue( "ps_points_total" ) );

thx

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG