The online racing simulator
Upgrading GFX Card suggestions?
(32 posts, started )
Hi guys, I want to upgrade my graphics card because mine is useless atm.
I have no idea which one to buy, The only reason is, Because I don't know if it will fit or not, simply because when i look inside it only has one PCI Slot available. Will this card fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INNO3D-G ... 3286.c0.m14#ht_1647wt_734

THANKS!
#2 - dadge
what card do you currently have? is it agp or pci-e? you need to find this out before you end up buying a card that doesn't fit into your mobo.
If you only want to play LFS, get GeForce 9500GT. 8500 is bullshit.
Get some Radeon 3850 or something for fair price ...
Quote from hazaky :Get some Radeon 3850 or something for fair price ...

He wants a GFX card not an oven (I don't think he is going to spend extra money for aftermarket fan and heatsink)
What's your current card? What's your current motherboard? What's your current CPU? How much are you intending to spend? What games are you intending to play with it?

All important questions that need answering before advice can be given

Advice I can give however, is avoid the card you linked to. It's old, underpowered and has a ridiculous amount of onboard memory which would never get used and is just increasing the price unneccesarily.
Quote from Shadowww :He wants a GFX card not an oven (I don't think he is going to spend extra money for aftermarket fan and heatsink)

You and your fanboysm again. May the flame be on u.
Quote from hazaky :You and your fanboysm again. May the flame be on u.

How telling a fact is fanboyism? Learn to spell, by the way.

Quote from Shadowww :How telling a fact is fanboyism? Learn to spell, by the way.

Its not about spelling, well maybe yes. Im not used to use the word "fanboy" very often. Except when im quoting you. Its not a fact, ive told that before too. ATI was crapsoup for me before too UNTIL i got my first ATI card. ATI wins in perfomance/price class. And there are no compability issues tho. Its just that you are fanboy and u specially hate them because of the "herd" what's everybody talkin about.

Edit: U even had any ATI card? If yes, then whats ur bad experience with them?
Quote from hazaky :ATI wins in perfomance/price class.

Yeah, sure, 45 fps that look like 15 fps
Quote from hazaky : Edit: U even had any ATI card? If yes, then whats ur bad experience with them?

Yes, I did had two ATI cards, onboard HD3200 and external HD4870. Both failed to get driver installed in Linux, and onboard HD3200 was producing 45 fps that looked as crappy as 15 fps do on ooold rusty MX440.
Quote from Shadowww :Yeah, sure, 45 fps that look like 15 fps Yes, I did had two ATI cards, onboard HD3200 and external HD4870. Both failed to get driver installed in Linux, and onboard HD3200 was producing 45 fps that looked as crappy as 15 fps do on ooold rusty MX440.

And thats the reason u prefer nvidia so much? lol? Thats a crappy excuse dude.

My 4870 works like charm, seriously. Plays any game on max settings for me. And 60 vSync'ed looks pretty like 60fps i guess lol. It had to be your own mistake or just a rare incompability issue.
Quote from hazaky :And thats the reason u prefer nvidia so much? lol? Thats a crappy excuse dude.

Existence of working driver is not good excuse now? :/
Put the handbags down, ladies. This is not the place.
Well I have a good excuse to not like ATI. The first ever comp we got had an ATI card (back in 2000) and about 3 weeks after the warrenty expired the gfx card went caput.
Quote from Shadowww :Existence of working driver is not good excuse now? :/

Well, u should understand that there are always newer drivers coming out. Like ... mine at the moment, lol i cant say any bad words for it. 100/100p. Works so fine for me.
Quote from hazaky :Well, u should understand that there are always newer drivers coming out. Like ... mine at the moment, lol i cant say any bad words for it. 100/100p. Works so fine for me.

So I must wait year after buying card just to get it working?
Shadowww learn to speak english yourself, and cut the fanboyism.
Quote from G!NhO :cut the fanboyism.

Oh so now lack of drivers can't be bashed and bashing it is fanboyism?
Quote from Shadowww :Oh so now lack of drivers can't be bashed and bashing it is fanboyism?

Where do you get the information about the lack of drivers, drivers get updated very often here... And is that even a reason for calling a company/brand bad, just because it doesn't bring out drivers every f*ckin day which is completely useless btw. Like why do you need a new driver every week, its not like your PC/you will die without it...

So yes it is fanboyism.
Quote from G!NhO :Where do you get the information about the lack of drivers

There are no WORKING Ubuntu 9.04 x64 drivers for over a year old HD4850.
Quote from Shadowww :There are no WORKING Ubuntu 9.04 x64 drivers for over a year old HD4850.

So why won't you just stop thinking that Linux is better and use windows, it makes using a pc much easier because all drivers just work. But i don't think you will use windows as you just want to stand out with your linux which obviously isn't very usefull as many things don't work on it.

Thats just my opinion.
Hi guys, I have 3GHz, Intel pentium 4 processor and only 512mb ram atm, I can already play Live for speed perfectly without any problems, It's just games such as Gtr evolution etc etc. Thanks for the replies
Quote from G!NhO :So why won't you just stop thinking that Linux is better and use windows, it makes using a pc much easier because all drivers just work. But i don't think you will use windows as you just want to stand out with your linux which obviously isn't very usefull as many things don't work on it.

Thats just my opinion.

Ty G!nho for helpin to explain

Anyways, i cant say anything bad that ur linux user. One thing is that its ur own fault lol. And, i assume the thread starter uses Windows then he can use ATI lol.

In fact i understand what u mean Shadowww, but ... its still fanboyism. You're still telling people that ATI is bad, get nvidia. When taking that someone wants it for windows and hes on budget then ATI would be the best deal i guess. Atleast me, i couldnt find any price&perfomance-matching nvidia card with my 4870.
Quote from G!NhO :So why won't you just stop thinking that Linux is better and use windows

ATI being not able to write a driver is not linux kernel developers' problem.

I would be very happy if you would borrow me 300 euro for a windows copy
Quote from Shadowww :ATI being not able to write a driver is not linux kernel developers' problem.

I would be very happy if you would borrow me 300 euro for a windows copy

Maybe they can't be bothered to write a driver for some unimportant/free(?) OS.
And i never said it's their problem.

Plus, did you know you can download the Windows 7 RC for free. There you go, problems solved.

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG